Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Chopper

Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Post by Chopper »

Heard an interesting theory on a podcast the other week - they posited the idea that Sekiro combat was basically about reflexes and reaction time - that it was essentially a rock, paper, scissors deal, and that if you didn't have the reflexes to identify and action the correct counter in what was generally a very small window, then you tended to guess, and this results in flailing and frustration.

Maybe the ageing gamer population is at the root of the great schism with the 'get gud' crowd. :lol:
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I've postponed my playthrough of this slightly for a couple of weeks so I can play along with the upcoming RKG playthrough on YouTube. Enjoying it very much, but been stuck on the Lady Butterfly (Madame Butterfly maybe? Can't remember exact name) for a while in one direction, and a mob of enemies with a miniboss in another!

If anyone's not checked out RKG before and enjoy the Fromsoft games, they're worth watching. 3 ex-IGN UK lads who used to do Prepare To Try and formed their own company. They've done all the Souls games, Bloodborne, Shadow Of The Colossus, Cuphead, loads of stuff now. It's all great fun.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Chopper wrote: July 14th, 2019, 10:15 am a rock, paper, scissors deal, and that if you didn't have the reflexes to identify and action the correct counter in what was generally a very small window, then you tended to guess, and this results in flailing and frustration.
That seems like a very accurate observation as far as the Perilous Attacks are concerned.