All things Bayonetta

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Stanshall

Re: All things Bayonetta

Post by Stanshall »

DavidFallows wrote: October 18th, 2018, 6:35 pm Hi, I'm new. Just leaving these here.

More soon, hopefully.
Serious skills, man. Bravo.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Yes, well done. And welcome to the forum!
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Very nice. Very high, measured command of the character.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I went to look for the podcast thread for this game but unless I've missed something the archive doesn't seem to be here any more?

Anyway, just listened to the Bayonetta 2 show from a couple of years back and really enjoyed it. It was interesting that a lot of the criticisms I had with the game were echoed by some of the panel.

Couple of questions I have after listening:

- The Starfox level? I don't know if I missed this in the game, but there was an Afterburner level with a jet that was very similar to the old arcade series. Is this the Starfox level people spoke about, or is there another one where you're in an actual Starfox ship?

- Throughout the show it didn't seem like anyone mentioned the mech section at all where you're playing in that huge suit of armour. Was this a new addition for the Switch, or did it just not come up in conversation?

- Does anyone know how to access the secret Rodin fight? I missed it in both the second and first games!

Great show though, and was interesting to hear from the expert guest too.
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Alex79 wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 10:40 am I went to look for the podcast thread for this game but unless I've missed something the archive doesn't seem to be here any more?

Anyway, just listened to the Bayonetta 2 show from a couple of years back and really enjoyed it. It was interesting that a lot of the criticisms I had with the game were echoed by some of the panel.

Couple of questions I have after listening:

- The Starfox level? I don't know if I missed this in the game, but there was an Afterburner level with a jet that was very similar to the old arcade series. Is this the Starfox level people spoke about, or is there another one where you're in an actual Starfox ship?

- Throughout the show it didn't seem like anyone mentioned the mech section at all where you're playing in that huge suit of armour. Was this a new addition for the Switch, or did it just not come up in conversation?

- Does anyone know how to access the secret Rodin fight? I missed it in both the second and first games!

Great show though, and was interesting to hear from the expert guest too.
Been a while since I played it but from what I recall, when you beat the game you unlock some classic Nintendo outfits and weapons to play in and equip.

And if you're dressed as Samus and replay that level, then your ship becomes an Arwing.

Can't help with the other two points I'm afraid!