Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Craig

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by Craig »

If you’re still on the fence - there’s an eshop demo.
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

Not an online deal, but I'm selling a couple of bits and thought I'd put it here in case anyone is interested:

Xbox One X, official stereo headset and 2TB external HDD - £280

Nintendo Switch, official carry case, pro controller, 1 2 Switch, Captain Toad, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8, New Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Zelda Breath of the Wild - £350

Both consoles will come in their original boxes and are in as new condition, as are the games.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Picked up Soul Caliber VI and Far Cry 5 for £5 a piece in Smyths at the weekend
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Enter the Gungeon is the latest freebie on the Epic Store.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Ksubzero1000 favourite Infinifactory is 80% off on Steam for the next 27 hours (4.60 in Eurobucks).
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Chopper wrote: June 20th, 2019, 2:53 pm Ksubzero1000 favourite Infinifactory is 80% off on Steam for the next 27 hours (4.60 in Eurobucks).
Thanks, it's a fantastic puzzle game unlike any other! And so is Opus Magnum. :)
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Mulling it over here. As someone who could not figure out what the tutorial puzzle in Spacechem wanted me to do, I have my doubts it is for me.... :oops:
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Chopper wrote: June 20th, 2019, 3:06 pm Mulling it over here. As someone who could not figure out what the tutorial puzzle in Spacechem wanted me to do, I have my doubts it is for me.... :oops:
The tutorials are very straightforward. Basically, each building block fulfills a specific function and the entire point of the tutorials is to teach you each function, one by one. After that, you're on your own. You can think of it as similar to LEGO model building.

Perhaps it's a brain-wiring type of thing, but I found the game very fair and self-explanatory after a little while.

PS: There are no colour-based elements to any of the puzzles, you'll be happy to know.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

KSubzero1000 wrote: June 20th, 2019, 3:13 pm PS: There are no colour-based elements to any of the puzzles, you'll be happy to know.
Cheers! Always good to know!

I bought it... if your ears are burning anytime in the next month or so you will know that curses are emanating from the northwest in your general direction. :D
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Chopper wrote: June 20th, 2019, 4:39 pm I bought it...
Very happy! :P
Chopper wrote: June 20th, 2019, 4:39 pm if your ears are burning anytime in the next month or so you will know that curses are emanating from the northwest in your general direction. :D
Very scared! :shock:

Should you run into any minor issues at first, please don't give up. I'll be more than happy to provide support and explanations if necessary.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Starlink, with toys, is now down to £12.99 for all platforms on Amazon. And I thought the £17 I paid on Switch was a bargain!
FemalePheromones

Post by FemalePheromones »

Sonic the Hedgehog deals on Xbox at the moment. Not much on there but couldn't say no to Sonia Mania for under £10.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

stvnorman wrote: June 20th, 2019, 9:09 pm Starlink, with toys, is now down to £12.99 for all platforms on Amazon. And I thought the £17 I paid on Switch was a bargain!
£14.99 now, but still a bargain! Is it good? I was considering it but not completely sure.
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

Alex79uk wrote: June 21st, 2019, 2:33 pm
stvnorman wrote: June 20th, 2019, 9:09 pm Starlink, with toys, is now down to £12.99 for all platforms on Amazon. And I thought the £17 I paid on Switch was a bargain!
£14.99 now, but still a bargain! Is it good? I was considering it but not completely sure.
I played it on the Switch and it was alright. I spent £20 on it and didn't feel like I'd wasted my money.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

£11.99 in Argos near me.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

You'll get a very good ten hours out of it and think the reviews were way off. Then you hit the treadmills of repetition and completely understand. Worth it for twenty notes.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Steam sale. Anyone getting anything fun? Seems awfully quiet this year. Are we as a collective reaching 'Peak Backlog"?
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Well, I'm almost at Peak Backlog but I still bought Planescape: Torment in the GoG sale.

I heard it's a good video game and I like good video games. :)
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

KSubzero1000 wrote: June 27th, 2019, 3:27 pm Well, I'm almost at Peak Backlog but I still bought Planescape: Torment in the GoG sale.

I heard it's a good video game and I like good video games. :)
This is not going to end well! :lol:

I am NOT at Peak Backlog so I have been buying some stuff. From the following three games, can you identify the one that is entirely fictional, and therefore I have not bought?
an intimate, narrative-driven adventure that follows the path into sentience of a robot vacuum cleaner.
a single-player, first-person thriller set off the coast of Iceland. Inspired by Beethoven's only opera Fidelio.
a bittersweet, time-travelling adventure where you solve puzzles, kill monsters and save humanity by discovering yourself.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Based on the way you phrased the question, I'm gonna guess the third one is the fake one.

??