Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ThirdMan

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by ThirdMan »

Putting on my serious hat for a second, I recognise your GWJ joke a nod toward my tone-deaf proselytizing of another podcast within these very pages. Well played and I'll take it on the chin. All of you guys work hard here, often pushing against the tide of what's mega-popular in terms of format and sensibility. In that respect I guess nobody wants to hear what Delboy Trotter labelled 'the parable of the lucky git'.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Listen I’ve podcasted with GWJ folks multiple times, I used to listen to their show regularly and I know they have a good community. I have nothing against those folks whatsoever.
ThirdMan

Post by ThirdMan »

ratsoalbion wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 1:00 amBit sensitive as I’m fed up at this once-treasured place being bad-mouthed recently, notably in the main by those who have contributed to a shift in atmosphere.
Well that sounds like my queue to leave, quite frankly, as I suspect I'm one of those belligerents owing to some of my recent clashes. We all know each other as well as anonymous forumites can, so please, people, feel free to tell me, either here or via a private message, if I've lowered the tone of the forum. I'm a big boy and can take the criticism.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I wasn’t ‘subtweeting’ you there.
ThirdMan

Post by ThirdMan »

Whatever you do, don't slip into a maddening paranoid trance and spend an entire evening deleting all of your posts manually. It's not as much fun as it sounds.

The next time I'm filing GDPR papers with the European Court of Justice on the grounds that I spilled my heart out on a videogame forum.

So long, clippa.
Suits

Post by Suits »

ratsoalbion wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 1:00 am If the prevailing feeling is that this place is no longer of use or pleasure then Jay and I will quite happily shut it down. It wouldn’t make any significant difference to our podcast listenership (or Patreon subscribers), but it would be one less thing for us to manage.
Na, it’s not mate.

This odd little cloud will move along shortly and everyone will begin contributing into podcast threads and posting the odd original content threads once more.

Don’t pull the plug, it’s nice here 😍😍.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

The Animal Crossing train is arriving soon. All aboard!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

My videogame deal is that you lot can come to my island and do my work.

Deal?
Suits

Post by Suits »

IN.
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

I have a friend who used to deal in video games. Pirated ones. Mentioned him twice or thrice on the podcasts we did on the PS1 Resi games.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

The amount of times you've mentioned him they've almost certainly gained enough information for him to be fined and imprisoned.

You bad man, you
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

They don’t know who he is.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

ratsoalbion wrote: March 1st, 2020, 8:56 pm Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark is currently £8 (66% off) on Steam.
Fell Seal is good stuff! Definitely scratches that itch if you want more FF Tactics/Fire Emblem/Disgea gameplay!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

There are a few decent Switch games on sale at the moment. Tempted by Dragons Dogma for £16 but being strong given I now have about 15 games installed on mine I've not even started yet. Worth a glance at the eShop though.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Captain Toad Treasure Trackers on 3DS for £7.99 at Argos seems like it can't be a bad purchase.
Suits

Post by Suits »

chase210 wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 9:20 pm Captain Toad Treasure Trackers on 3DS for £7.99 at Argos seems like it can't be a bad purchase.
Delightful game that.

I’ve played the Wii U and Switch versions to completion so can’t speak to the performance of the 3DS but for £8 it’s gotta be worth it 😎.
rob25X

Post by rob25X »

I'm playing a quite fun and relaxing game I picked in today's Europe PS4 sale - 'Gem Smashers'.

I wasn't expecting much for 79p/4zl but it's good. It's a kind of bouncy animal ball, colour changing puzzle game... quite unique and hard to explain. Good fun though and easy to pick up and play.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

chase210 wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 9:20 pm Captain Toad Treasure Trackers on 3DS for £7.99 at Argos seems like it can't be a bad purchase.
If anything the 3d effect will look good with the diorama type levels.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Celeste is £6.11 on the Switch eShop currently

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Ninten ... b+Networks