Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
stvnorman

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by stvnorman »

Tons of stuff on sale on Switch at the moment, but from my wish list I just picked up Contra: Rogue Corps for £1.99, which is 95% off. I know it got a bum rap when it came out last year, but I thought the demo was alright and it’s definitely worth that. The Sega Ages stuff is 50% off as well - also got Thunder Force IV, just for the convenience of having it handheld at £2.57.
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/wb-b ... ion_bundle

Good deal here, I mostly got it for Arkham VR but I'm happy to have the other games I have played before on PC now too
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Just snagged Saints Row IV on Switch for £2.40 on the eShop. Thanks to Kurt for the heads up!
SludgeWizard

Post by SludgeWizard »

Alex79 wrote: December 17th, 2021, 1:43 pm Just snagged Saints Row IV on Switch for £2.40 on the eShop. Thanks to Kurt for the heads up!
Same! I haven't played a Saint's Row since the 2nd one, but at this price it's worth a shot
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

SludgeWizard wrote: December 17th, 2021, 2:18 pm
Alex79 wrote: December 17th, 2021, 1:43 pm Just snagged Saints Row IV on Switch for £2.40 on the eShop. Thanks to Kurt for the heads up!
Same! I haven't played a Saint's Row since the 2nd one, but at this price it's worth a shot
Yeah I was put off this one by how silly the series had got with its super powers and stuff, but for £2 even if I only get 4 or 5 hours out of it, it's worth it. Might actually be in the mood for a super over the top game right now too.
SludgeWizard

Post by SludgeWizard »

Alex79 wrote: December 17th, 2021, 2:20 pm
SludgeWizard wrote: December 17th, 2021, 2:18 pm
Yeah I was put off this one by how silly the series had got with its super powers and stuff, but for £2 even if I only get 4 or 5 hours out of it, it's worth it. Might actually be in the mood for a super over the top game right now too.
I try to shoot for the (rough) rule of one hour for every dollar I spend, and considering I spent an hour creating my character, I'm already almost there for SRIV.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Loads of deals on Switch at the moment. In addition to Saints Row IV, just grabbed Sine Mora Ex for 99p and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons for £1.99. Loved that on PS3 when I first played it, and the Switch version can be played two player with two controllers, think the kids will really like it.
Pconpi

Post by Pconpi »

The 3DS is having a great sale right now (not sure if it is all regions?) All the Shin Megami stuff is around $8 or cheaper. Same with Monster Hunter 3 and 4. I just bought a 128 gig card to get enough room!
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

For anyone in Canada, both PNP games and videogamesplus are having Boxing Day sales.
raisinbman

Post by raisinbman »

there's a super steep sale of Kingdom Hearts Collection on Xbox, and a less steep sale on EGS.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

If anyone fancies playing it along with the show, Lost Odyssey is currently £4.99 on Xbox. I'm tempted, as I own it on disc but can't use that on my Series S, I'm just not sure I've got 100 hours to put in to one game at the moment, especially with Mass Effect and Halo Infinite coming up next on my list. Hmm, might grab it though, not sure! Wish you could play it via cloud rather than that being limited to GP games only.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Lost Odyssey was also given away for free when it was first added to the backward compatibility program, so for anyone interested it might be worth checking to see if you already own it and just forgot.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I know you can probably pick up the discs for pennies these days, but I've had my eye on the Max Payne games to buy digitally on Xbox since they became BC a few weeks back. All 3 are currently on sale, 1 and 2 have about £4 off (bringing them to about £7) and the third game is less than half price (at about £8). Just grabbed 2 and 3. I was planning on replaying the full trilogy but I think I'll just watch the cut scenes for the first game on YouTube to remind myself of the story, given that 1 and 2 are almost identical, gameplay-wise.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Pretty good sale on in the PSN store:

Konami Arcade Collection containing Haunted Castle is £3.19 (reduced from 16) which is a bargain!
raisinbman

Post by raisinbman »

[itch.io] Bundle for Ukraine by Necrosoft Games ($10 / 99% Off): https://itch.io/b/1316/bundle-for-ukraine
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

raisinbman wrote: March 8th, 2022, 10:44 pm [itch.io] Bundle for Ukraine by Necrosoft Games ($10 / 99% Off): https://itch.io/b/1316/bundle-for-ukraine
Bought that, what a ridiculous amount of games! Just wish I had something to play them on, but I suppose there's a nice big stock of games there waiting if I ever get another PC/non-work laptop (that I can actually install things to).
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

raisinbman wrote: March 8th, 2022, 10:44 pm [itch.io] Bundle for Ukraine by Necrosoft Games ($10 / 99% Off): https://itch.io/b/1316/bundle-for-ukraine
YES. Our game (Schildmaid MX) is part of this bundle as well!
raisinbman

Post by raisinbman »

Alex79 wrote: March 9th, 2022, 7:55 pm
Bought that, what a ridiculous amount of games! Just wish I had something to play them on, but I suppose there's a nice big stock of games there waiting if I ever get another PC/non-work laptop (that I can actually install things to).
For what it's worth, most of those games aren't terribly high end, even the better ones. I'm sure by time you get around to it, you can play them wherever.
Michiel K wrote: March 12th, 2022, 8:22 pm
YES. Our game (Schildmaid MX) is part of this bundle as well!
Oh, no kidding? I'm almost done studying endlessly, so I'll try to remember to try it
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

raisinbman wrote: March 12th, 2022, 11:49 pm Oh, no kidding? I'm almost done studying endlessly, so I'll try to remember to try it
Great, let me know what you think. :)
raisinbman

Post by raisinbman »

People seemed to enjoy the last one, so just making sure I follow up w/ another pro-ukraine deal: [Humble Bundle] Stand with Ukraine Bundle (€36.39 for 122 items including Satisfactory, Back for Blood, Metro Exodus, Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Max Payne 3, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Fable Anniversary, This War of Mine, PGA Tour 2K21, Slay the Spire, The Long Dark and More): https://www.humblebundle.com/stand-with ... dle_bundle