Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
DomsBeard

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by DomsBeard »

Flabyo wrote: August 14th, 2020, 2:02 pm Xbox’s big summer sale is live. It appears to be mostly stuff that’s been on sale before, though I am tempted by that price drop on River City Girls.

Also, for under a fiver, is Mass Effect Andromeda worth a play?
I found the combat far too repetitive and not fun. I do want to go back to it though. Ea access is £20 for a year and you get it in that as well as 1 through 3.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Some more free Qubic Games Switch games this weekend only (so get a move on)!

Download Coloring Book (note US spelling) for free, then the following also become free... Jumping Joe & Friends, Mini Trains, Not Not, Pocket Mini Golf, Puzzle Book and Robonauts.

Sorry for the late notice. Only just found out myself.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

MK11 is £15 in store at Smyths
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

Saw this on Facebook, not tried it myself yet As I’m away from the Xbox

“Quick way to bag yourself a tenner xbox credit. Go to Microsoft rewards and activate the punch cards for madden 21 and ufc 4, says you get 6000 points per game if you purchase it. Get a free ea access trial and start downloading the trials. Boom 12000 points are now yours and yo can redeem them for two £5 credit vouchers”
Jon Cheetham

Post by Jon Cheetham »

Steam is having an "0451 sale" this weekend, it turned out I already had most of the list but I did grab Neon.Struct (which I've been interested in for a while) and a sci-fi horror walking sim called Spirits of Xanadu, all for the equivalent of a quid in the Malaysia store which is nice.

It also has all the Deus Ex, BioShock, System Shock, Prey and Dishonored stuff for pretty cheap.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Guacamelee and its sequel are currently £2.29 and £3.99 respectively on the PS4 store, which is frankly silly money for some incredibly fun games.
Jon Cheetham

Post by Jon Cheetham »

Don't forget to get the incredible Hitman 2016 for free on EGS today. There's a pack of three Shadowrun games up for grabs as well.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

The second best walking simulator* ever made is currently only seven quid on Switch. Bargain.

(What Remains Of Edith Finch).

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Ninten ... 89999.html

*That's a big disservice to the game, it's far more interactive than some other games it's often mentioned alongside. Although I'm sure I'm very much preaching to the converted, here!
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

A load more SNK games free on Amazon Prime Gaming making 22 in total on there!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

👍🏻😎
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I always forget they give you games on there. I don't think I've ever claimed more than about two of them, definitely will take a look if it's an SNK collection though.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I've got over 120 games on there now, including some proper crackers: Observer, Ape Out, Blazing Chrome, Darksiders II remaster, Enter the Gungeon, Furi, Gato Roboto, Yoku's Island Express and many more.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Journey of the Broken Circle is free on Switch this weekend if you’ve got one of several previously free nakana.io games. Just search in the eShop and if you have it will be free.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Excellent, thanks!

EDIT: And as added bonus, it actually looks like it's worth playing!
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

For anyone taking arrival of a new Xbox in November and not doing the all access deal, here’s a good deal I’ve taken advantage of for game pass ultimate. Only available today I think though as it’s a daily deal. £18.99 for 3 months
https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/ ... box-one-pc
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Most the Final Fantasy games are in the sale on Switch again at the moment. I just got a bit giddy with nostalgia and bought FF7 for £6. Looking forward to playing it again! Played it entirely only once before, close to release, but I must have played the Midgar section a dozen or so times over the years. Fingers crossed I actually play the whole thing this time. Fast speed should help...
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Just grabbed Divinity Original Sin 2 on The Game Collection for £12.95. Its easily 20 quid or more everywhere else I've looked so its a real bargain if you are into these types of games or just curious like me.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

The first Ni No Kuni is currently £7.99 on Switch, which is a massive discount.

Is it worth playing? It's always interested me purely due to the art style, and I do like JRPGs.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Ninten ... 75919.html
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I really didn’t get on with Ni No Kuni at all, I’d say it contributed to me falling out of love with the entire genre.

There’s just so much level grinding in it.

I know plenty of people that love it, but for me it’s design is outdated and everything that’s wrong with what is one of the most stagnant of genres.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I enjoyed it a lot when I played the PS3 version back in the day, but 7 years is a long time, so maybe it’s aged a lot.