Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by Alex79 »

Few discounts on Pinball Fx3 tables for the Switch at the moment. Just picked up the Universal Classics one for £4.

(Jaws, ET and BTTF I think)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Borderlands Legendary Collection (1, 2, pre-sequel and DLC) is £21.99 on Switch, which is a bit of a bargain for 3 games.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

https://www.gog.com/ is currently giving away the original XIII for PC.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

NeoCab is currently £3.59 (80% off) on Switch. Had this on my wishlist since it came out, and have now added it to the huge backlog of Switch semi-visual novel games I seem to keep buying and never get round to playing.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Alex79uk wrote: March 25th, 2021, 9:27 pm Borderlands Legendary Collection (1, 2, pre-sequel and DLC) is £21.99 on Switch, which is a bit of a bargain for 3 games.
This is now £15.99! Amazing value.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Alex79uk wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 8:09 pm NeoCab is currently £3.59 (80% off) on Switch. Had this on my wishlist since it came out, and have now added it to the huge backlog of Switch semi-visual novel games I seem to keep buying and never get round to playing.
That the one on Apple Arcade too?. Enjoyed that and it isn't overly long.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

DomsBeard wrote: April 3rd, 2021, 12:05 pm
Alex79uk wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 8:09 pm NeoCab is currently £3.59 (80% off) on Switch. Had this on my wishlist since it came out, and have now added it to the huge backlog of Switch semi-visual novel games I seem to keep buying and never get round to playing.
That the one on Apple Arcade too?. Enjoyed that and it isn't overly long.
Yeah that's right. When it came out I was a bit loathe to pay £17 or whatever for the Switch version when it was 'free' on iOS, so this is a perfect price to try it out.

(I realise I sound like a dick saying that, it's really not a case of me not valuing games or thinking £17 is too much for a game - it's literally down to personal finances!)
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Loads of fantastic digital retro gaming books free at the moment at Fusion Retro Books. https://fusionretrobooks.com/collections/pdf
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

stvnorman wrote: April 5th, 2021, 3:03 pm Loads of fantastic digital retro gaming books free at the moment at Fusion Retro Books. https://fusionretrobooks.com/collections/pdf
Picked those up, the Spectrum + 2 was my first computer so look forward to reading through them.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Microsoft Studios is having a sale, which means I bought Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition. This might be the 4th time I've bought that game?
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

WRC 9 is currently £3.19 on Xbox, that's the latest WRC game and even though WRC 10 is coming out in September which is still a while away so that is a great price. I think it's a pricing error as the RRP is listed as £7.99 which seems far too low for a newish game which should be RRP £49.99. I have managed to buy it and install it on my Xbox, hopefully Xbox won't notice.
raisinbman

Post by raisinbman »

there's a big fighting game sale for japanese develops for golden week, might help those of us who're looking into doing the KOF show later this year, both playstation and steam: https://store.steampowered.com/search/? ... &tags=1743
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

Epic are doing their summer sale again where they give you £10 the price any game over £13.99, those in the sale and out of it. Then they give you another £10 voucher if you buy something. I picked up Metro Exodus (which last week had a next gen patch) for £3.99.
SludgeWizard

Post by SludgeWizard »

Not sure about the rest of the world, but right now in the US Super Bomberman R is free on Playstation, Xbox, and Switch.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

The new F2P online client came out everywhere yesterday, which is free to download but has an £8 or £9 premium pack, plus MTX for in-game currency and associated cosmetics.

The retail SKU Super Bomberman R (which is a separate though related client and includes some single player content) is still £30/£35 I think though...

I don't know if owners of Super Bomberman R can play against people with the F2P client - if anyone can find out please let us know - but my hunch is that they are likely completely separate.
SludgeWizard

Post by SludgeWizard »

ratsoalbion wrote: May 28th, 2021, 2:40 pm The new F2P online client came out everywhere yesterday, which is free to download but has an £8 or £9 premium pack, plus MTX for in-game currency and associated cosmetics.

The retail SKU Super Bomberman R (which is a separate though related client and includes some single player content) is still £30/£35 I think though...

I don't know if owners of Super Bomberman R can play against people with the F2P client - if anyone can find out please let us know - but my hunch is that they are likely completely separate.
oh really? dang.
still pretty cool though, at the very least it will let me give the game a try before seeing if i want to pick up the real deal. I don't think I've played a bomberman game in over a decade.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

You'd have to imagine that the newer, F2P version will be much more popular online than the older version. It also supports cross-platform play, which is cool!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Oh brilliant, didn't realise this was out!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Man, so this is the opposite of a bargain, but I recently thought I'd like to play LA Noire again so looked to pick it up on Switch. It's £80 on Amazon!? I didn't realise it was a 'rare' game...?
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

I'm not sure why it's that much, I just went on facebook marketplace and saw loads for max £20, cheapest I saw was £15