Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by Alex79 »

Chopper wrote: December 22nd, 2018, 12:53 pm Not a single game I want to buy. I will have to ponder the significance of this.

Maybe Super Mega Baseball 2 in the new year.
Man, there are over 800 games on sale.

:lol:
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Super Mega Baseball 2 was free on XO GWG a few months back.

Not helpful necessarily, but true
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

dezm0nd wrote: December 22nd, 2018, 6:03 pm I would probably get Yokus Island Express given the chance, though!
I bought it in last week's sale! It's next on my list and hoping to get to it before the end of the year but Subnautica has had unexpected legs.
Alex79uk wrote: December 22nd, 2018, 9:42 pm Man, there are over 800 games on sale.

:lol:
I know, it's a weird position to be in. I think my gaming tastes are narrowing, and I have bought most of the stuff that interests me this year (no God of War, Spiderman etc which would be valid candidates normally).
ratsoalbion wrote: December 22nd, 2018, 10:45 pm Super Mega Baseball 2 was free on XO GWG a few months back.

Not helpful necessarily, but true
Correct on both counts ;)

The first one was excellent; I should have bought the second but I've tended to have a backlog of 'sports' games this year, so it has been, "I really should spend some time with A before buying B".
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Had a look at the sales:

Picked up Life is strange episode one of season 2 and Tacoma for £6.80 total on Xbox.

Would recommend Jurassic Park Evolution for £17.99 on psn

Also The Quiet Man is on there too. Cant see the sale price as I own it so if it is 50p I would say get it to see how awful it is
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

I did pick up Octopath Traveler, via eshop, for a decent discount. Added to the backlog of many games.

Let you know my actual game experiences by 2053.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Joshihatsumitsu wrote: December 26th, 2018, 2:32 pm I did pick up Octopath Traveler, via eshop, for a decent discount. Added to the backlog of many games.

Let you know my actual game experiences by 2053.
That’s what i was thinking when I got my Christmas presents. I’m looking at ni no kuni 2 and vampyr and thinking when will I play you.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Anyone seeing any good sale prices for Spider-Man or god of war on PS4? Those are the main things I missed this year...
James

Post by James »

Don't forget to grab Super Meat Boy from the Epic Store. The free game changeover happened on Friday, so you still have the lion's share of two weeks to grab it if you want it.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I got a feeling Super Meat Boy Forever will appear on the EGS first.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/ ... one-cd-key

£19.99 for Battlefield V Deluxe Edition Xbox One. Crazy price!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Axiom Verge is your next freebie on the Epic Games Store from Feb 7th.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

So I've had a one-time unique code through on email for the Playstation store that got me 40% off all games (excluding pre-orders).

So I could buy Resident Evil 2 for under £27 for example - not bad! I've not done that because I didn't want to spend that on any one game given I probably won't get to it for a while.

What I have just bought though are Yakuza Zero (£5.39), Moss (£8.99), Pyre (£3.89), and Dishonored - The Complete Collection (£9.59 for 1 & 2 + Death Of The Outsider). All were already on offer so with an extra 40% off it was only £27.86 for the lot!

Very happy with that! Everyone else had a code and picked up some bargains?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Sinclair Gregstrum wrote: February 1st, 2019, 3:11 pm So I've had a one-time unique code through on email for the Playstation store that got me 40% off all games (excluding pre-orders).

So I could buy Resident Evil 2 for under £27 for example - not bad! I've not done that because I didn't want to spend that on any one game given I probably won't get to it for a while.

What I have just bought though are Yakuza Zero (£5.39), Moss (£8.99), Pyre (£3.89), and Dishonored - The Complete Collection (£9.59 for 1 & 2 + Death Of The Outsider). All were already on offer so with an extra 40% off it was only £27.86 for the lot!

Very happy with that! Everyone else had a code and picked up some bargains?
No sadly not. Since letting my PS+ lapse for the first time in 5 years I have received various 25% off PS+ emails though.
Sinclair Gregstrum

DomsBeard wrote: February 1st, 2019, 3:28 pm No sadly not. Since letting my PS+ lapse for the first time in 5 years I have received various 25% off PS+ emails though.
Yeah mine is lapsed at the moment (has been for 6-9 months I think) as I simply don't play online on PS4 (all my online buddies are Xbox based).

Maybe I made it onto some list of people they're trying to stimulate a bit of spend out of. I didn't play a massive amount of PS4 last year vs Xbox & Switch (just Vanishing of Ethan Carter, COD: Infinity War & Spider Man). It's not like I've not being using it recently though as I have just played through Detroit and jumped straight into Shenmue.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I got no such code! That's annoying!
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I've never received a code from them in my life, didn't even know it was a thing :x
Sinclair Gregstrum

Well now I feel bad...

I'd share the love but it was specifically a one-time use code, so now that I've cashed it in I can't hand it round. I did just try just in case it was glitched (which is not impossible with good old janky PSN!) but just got a "This discount code has already been redeemed" message.

What you guys need to do is just not play or buy much Playstation stuff for the next 12 months and get on the same "previous big spenders that have stopped spending" list and I'm sure you'll get a code!

Easy!
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Superhot is on sale over on Steam.
That, combined with my general interest AND it's inclusion on the 2019 C&R made it a pretty easy purchase.

Plus, Hotline Miami is $2.50 over on Humble. I've heard it mentioned so many times, C&R deserve a cut of that purchase.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Sinclair Gregstrum wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 8:02 pm
What you guys need to do is just not play or buy much Playstation stuff for the next 12 months and get on the same "previous big spenders that have stopped spending" list and I'm sure you'll get a code!

Easy!
That sounds like a plan :)
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Yakuza 0 is £8.99 till Monday.

The best game I played last year and now one of my top ten of all time.

Insane deal