Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Mr Ixolite

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by Mr Ixolite »

Whats the balance on hardcore realistic golf vs RPG elements and absurd golf nonsense? I have close to zero interest in the former, but the latter is what draw me to the game. Like, I saw a gameplay video of moles and birds blocking your shots, so I hope thats the norm rather than the exception.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

Gone Home and Totally Accurate Battle Simulator are free on Epic if y'all want those.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Mr Ixolite wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 11:02 am Whats the balance on hardcore realistic golf vs RPG elements and absurd golf nonsense? I have close to zero interest in the former, but the latter is what draw me to the game. Like, I saw a gameplay video of moles and birds blocking your shots, so I hope thats the norm rather than the exception.
There's nothing realistic about it at all. It's very goofy.
NoMoreSpearows

Post by NoMoreSpearows »

If you've played the Game Boy Color version of Mario Golf, you'll mostly know what you're dealing with in terms of how the "sport" is played.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I got it in the end anyway. Might get round to it in six months! On the other hand, I could really do with a chill game right now so might abandon all else to get on it...
rob25X

Post by rob25X »

Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 is currently free on Xbox One in the UK. Usually £9.99. (not sure if it's free in other regions).

Yesterday it went free on PS4 but within a few hours went back to it's normal price.

If you want it you might want to grab it quickly.

The Steam version might also appear free but it's showing the normal price there for me.
rob25X

Post by rob25X »

rob25X wrote: April 24th, 2020, 9:31 am Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 is currently free on Xbox One in the UK. Usually £9.99. (not sure if it's free in other regions).

Yesterday it went free on PS4 but within a few hours went back to it's normal price.

If you want it you might want to grab it quickly.

The Steam version might also appear free but it's showing the normal price there for me.
PS4 version is also free again today.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Oh cool, just grabbed if. Think it was an error yesterday so don't know whether today is the same or they just decided to let everyone have it anyway.
rob25X

Post by rob25X »

Alex79uk wrote: April 24th, 2020, 1:08 pm Oh cool, just grabbed if. Think it was an error yesterday so don't know whether today is the same or they just decided to let everyone have it anyway.
Great. Not sure what's going on with it or why it's going free. Maybe it was a mistake, a lot of people complained about missing out so they made it free for others maybe. Who knows. :)
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

They tweeted this afternoon that it’s free from the 24th till the 10th.

So it was probably just done a day early by mistake.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

Pac-Man Championship Edition is indeed free here in Canada (and presumably the US) starting at 1pm EST through May 10 EST.

Available at 1pm EST (so 30 minutes from this post being made).

Hitman GO also free on Android and iOS until Apr. 27th.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Total War: SHOGUN 2 currently free on Steam.
Mr Ixolite

Post by Mr Ixolite »

Flashback is on sale for next to nothing on the Nintendo Switch (7.5 danish crowns is about 1 pound I'd guess?). As someone who loved Abes Oddysey, is this worth dipping ones toes in? Or is it too aged? My switch backlog is starting to swell so I'm trying to restrain myself, but a 95% discount for a known classic is mighty tempting...

Stanshall wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 9:28 pm
Mr Ixolite wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 11:02 am Whats the balance on hardcore realistic golf vs RPG elements and absurd golf nonsense? I have close to zero interest in the former, but the latter is what draw me to the game. Like, I saw a gameplay video of moles and birds blocking your shots, so I hope thats the norm rather than the exception.
There's nothing realistic about it at all. It's very goofy.
Thanks! I got it, will probably play it in half a year or so when my switch backlog clears up :-D
Suits

Post by Suits »

Man, Flashback holds a very important place in my heart.

For me it’s a wonderfully atmospheric adventure.

The second level and what it has you do, totally blew my mind when I first uncovered it as a child on my Mega Drive.

You should play it. For that price, I insist.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Flashback is still one of my favorite games ever. I played it a couple of years back and enjoyed it just as much as first time round. It's really excellent, and for a quid, essential. I almost got it myself before realising I've played it so many times I really didn't need it. If it had some nice extras I might but I think it's just the game. Still, if you've not played it, get it! You've also reminded me, I wish the Abes Oddyssey remake was on Switch, and whatever happened to the mooted Exodus remake too? That was meant to come out and we never saw it.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Make sure it’s the original game though and not the dreadful modern remake of it.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Haha, it is the original. Properly presented too, not stuffed in a fake arcade cab or anything like that. I could never quite bring myself to play that newer one they made, I never heard a single good word about it!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I picked up Flashback too, hopefully it'll banish that terrible remake from a few years back. I'm also a sucker for old school point and click so picked up Syberia 1 and 2 for about £5.

Stadia have a couple of good deals. Lost Words Beyond The Page is on sale, I loved it and would recommend.

Also not my bag but the cheapest I've seen it Doom Eternal is £38
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Did anyone grab that Pac-man CE 2 or whatever it was when it was (still is?) free? I tried it the other night and boy...that's not a fun game! How they've managed to overcomplicate and spoil Pac-man I've got no idea, but they have! What was the general consensus on this game? I know the first one had a lot of fans (because it was good), but never heard too much about this one. I really didn't like it.
Dyboyl

Post by Dyboyl »

I picked it up! Ironically I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, played about an hour I think 😅

I think the pace increase and the way it seamlessly goes to the next stage were neat, reminds me of Tetris Effect.