Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Stanshall

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by Stanshall »

Mega Man 2 is often considered the best (and it's my fave because we had it on the NES so I have Stockholm syndrome) but they're all bastard hard and if you've played one you've pretty much played them all. I'd recommend the Legacy Collection, personally. It's got rewind and that kind of thing. They're fun, though, and defo a chunk of history.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

They do show price, it's £12.99.

Thanks both, I went for Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 in the end. Watched a few videos and it looked the most solid, and the movement was a bit quicker with dashing and wall jumps etc over the classic NES collection. I'm sure I'll play those games at some point if I like these ones.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

If I had to pick the best overall Mega Man series, I'd say X for sure - but only because it has more games than Legends.

X1 is basically perfect, and X2 is a damned good follow-up. X3 has some problems - probably a rushed release. X4 is... Fine. X5 is good, but really janky and the ending you get is completely RNG. X6 is one everyone hates, but I will defend til I die - probably the best soundtrack in the Mega Man series, period, and has some really cool art direction and themes. X7 is a joke. X8 is.... Fine.

But if you've NEVER played ANY Mega Man game, I'd suggest a starter kit of:
- Mega Man X
- Mega Man 7
- Mega Man Zero
- Mega Man ZX
- Mega Man Legends 2
Suits

Post by Suits »

clippa wrote: January 6th, 2020, 9:34 pm Must be a problem up my end. I tried turning off my ad blocker but that's not helping.
Don’t you have to be signed in with your Nintendo ID to show a price ??

Something about your region affecting the price on their stores maybe ??
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

It shows £12.99 on the Nintendo site for me, so no regional tracking. I don't have a Nintendo ID.

Steam page does regional tracking, so 14,99€.

Hope this helps.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

You can install Xbox Game Pass for PC now ;)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Magical_Isopod wrote: January 6th, 2020, 11:49 pm If I had to pick the best overall Mega Man series, I'd say X for sure - but only because it has more games than Legends.

X1 is basically perfect, and X2 is a damned good follow-up. X3 has some problems - probably a rushed release. X4 is... Fine. X5 is good, but really janky and the ending you get is completely RNG. X6 is one everyone hates, but I will defend til I die - probably the best soundtrack in the Mega Man series, period, and has some really cool art direction and themes. X7 is a joke. X8 is.... Fine.

But if you've NEVER played ANY Mega Man game, I'd suggest a starter kit of:
- Mega Man X
- Mega Man 7
- Mega Man Zero
- Mega Man ZX
- Mega Man Legends 2
Thanks! X actually has less games, just X 1-8 across both packs, whereas the classics has MM 1-10.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

Yeah, but I strongly prefer the X games to the classic ones. Legends 1 and 2 are phenomenal, but there's only two of them. There are at least 6 MMX games I'd happily play through on a whim. The classic ones are... Fine? But with the exception of 7, 8 and 11, they're all NES style, which I don't really get on with.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

You've lost me to be honest.

:lol:

My reply was just in response to you saying there was more games on the X collection than the classics one, but it's actually the other way around. When you say Legends, you are talking about the compilation of NES style games, right? I'm not sure what you mean when you say Legends is phenomenal but there's only two of them. Two packs? There are two yeah, and two X collection packs as well.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

No, Mega Man Legends is another series entirely, released on the PS1. It's also on PS3 via PSN, and on PSP (but only in Japan). It's similar to 3D Zelda, though the first Mega Man Legends pre-dates Ocarina of Time by almost a year.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Magical_Isopod wrote: January 8th, 2020, 12:14 pm No, Mega Man Legends is another series entirely, released on the PS1. It's also on PS3 via PSN, and on PSP (but only in Japan). It's similar to 3D Zelda, though the first Mega Man Legends pre-dates Ocarina of Time by almost a year.
Ah! Makes sense now thanks :)
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Got burned slightly with two of my Jan sale purchases - Graveyard Keeper is in the new Humble (which I’d have bought if I hadn’t had it) and FrostPunk is coming to Game Pass.

Humble’s winter sale has just started and there are some good deals. Generation Zero (I know, but I’m convinced there’s a good game in there) is an historic low, but will it appear on a service soon? Probably a prime candidate.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

Sundered: Eldritch Edition is free on Epic.
Headsnatchers is free on Humble Store.
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Astral Chain for under £21. Well worth it!

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-ho ... eals%2BLtd
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Argos have loads of 3ds games down to cheap prices. I picked up a few up this morning
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

You’re not kidding, some are down under 3 quid.

Of course I can guarantee most of what I want would already be out of stock, but it does look like a reasonable time to buy up Fire Emblem games.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

seansthomas wrote: January 14th, 2020, 8:44 am Astral Chain for under £21. Well worth it!

It's already back up to 37 pounds, and they don't ship to Canada anyway. :| Maybe a pricing error? I want this hekkin game.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Has anyone played The Messenger and Katana Zero? Wondering which you'd recommend if you could only get one of them. On the surface they look like very similar games. I loved Shovel Knight and Hollow Knight if that helps! Ta :)
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Magical_Isopod wrote: January 14th, 2020, 11:07 am
seansthomas wrote: January 14th, 2020, 8:44 am Astral Chain for under £21. Well worth it!

It's already back up to 37 pounds, and they don't ship to Canada anyway. :| Maybe a pricing error? I want this hekkin game.
Amazon actually price matched, I think they're out of stock. I also filled my boots on 3DS games.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

Amazon don't price match here, but the trade-off is that Prime in Canada is significantly more lucrative than in other countries. It costs less, and there's no spending limit for free Prime shipping. I actually bought a single bag of salt and vinegar chips once, shipped free, same day.