Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by Alex79 »

That looks interesting, but I've not got anything to play it on :( Hope they do a Switch or Android release.
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

If anyone sees a good deal for Witcher 3 on Switch, let me know. I have always meant to play it and now we're back in lockdown and no big games are out for a few months, I think I will have time to get through it. I plan to pick up the PC version too and then use the cross save function between both versions, as that way I am more likely to get through it before any big titles come out later in the year.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Truk_Kurt wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:42 am If anyone sees a good deal for Witcher 3 on Switch, let me know. I have always meant to play it and now we're back in lockdown and no big games are out for a few months, I think I will have time to get through it. I plan to pick up the PC version too and then use the cross save function between both versions, as that way I am more likely to get through it before any big titles come out later in the year.
I've had half an eye on it and never seen it cheaper than £35 since launch online. Kicked myself as prior to Christmas someone was selling it for £25 on Facebook.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Truk_Kurt wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:42 am If anyone sees a good deal for Witcher 3 on Switch, let me know. I have always meant to play it and now we're back in lockdown and no big games are out for a few months, I think I will have time to get through it. I plan to pick up the PC version too and then use the cross save function between both versions, as that way I am more likely to get through it before any big titles come out later in the year.
It's not The Witcher 3, but I'm enjoying Dragons Dogma on Switch at the moment which is often in a sale (grabbed it when it was £12 over Christmas). Don't know if it interests you, but if you did end up picking it up we could share some exciting pawn! :D
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

It's currently £35 on the eShop, if that's any good?
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

Looking for below £30 but thanks. I found this website which informs you of when switch games fall below a price you can set on eshop or physical.

https://www.dekudeals.com/
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Useful link, ta!
Jon Cheetham

Post by Jon Cheetham »

Deku Deals is really handy! Useful to see if you're getting the best price.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Bomber Crew is free on The Humble Store for the next couple of days.
RadicalDog

Post by RadicalDog »

With a physical like The Witcher 3, I'd just sell it later to keep it very budget safe. £35 now, sell it for £25-30 in 6 months, not a problem. I played Breath of the Wild and Fire Emblem: Three Houses for "free" like this, and many others dead cheap.

My current deal share is Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Grid Ultimate Ed for a combined £6.29 here. Usually the Fanatical deals are a bit thin with only 1 standout game, but only needing to buy 2 to trigger it makes it much easier to find a "good enough" pair.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

So if you buy a 12 month ea access code it automatically gets changed into 4 months game pass ultimate.

I've just done it twice and got 8 months for £33.70

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ea-12- ... on-3634123
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

RadicalDog wrote: January 16th, 2021, 9:04 pm My current deal share is Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Grid Ultimate Ed for a combined £6.29 here. Usually the Fanatical deals are a bit thin with only 1 standout game, but only needing to buy 2 to trigger it makes it much easier to find a "good enough" pair.
Thanks for pointing this out, I went and claimed The Walking Dead Final Season which is the only season in the series I'm yet to play having enjoyed them all up to this point and Deus Ex Mankind Divided. I remember playing the first hour on PS4 when it was on PS Plus but didn't grab me at the time as I wasn't really looking for that kind of experience at the time. I'm sure I will like it though as I enjoyed Human Revolution, just need to wait till I'm wanting to play that kind of game.
RinseWashRepeat

Post by RinseWashRepeat »

This isn't a deal as such, but just wondering if people on here have used Boomerang Games at all?

It's a UK service for renting games and I can't fault it at all. It's got a massive selection of games, even all the REALLY niche ones that I didn't know got physical releases.

I've found it's the best way to play older games that you missed when they first came out. For 4 quid a month, I can rent games that came out at least six months ago. As I'm never playing 'the newest' titles anyway, I find that paying about 50 pounds for a years gaming is fine by me.

Just thought I'd put it here as a good way to keep up with your gaming and not fork out a fortune.

https://www.boomerangrentals.co.uk/
rob25X

Post by rob25X »

Ratchet & Clank will be free to download on PS4 from March 1st 2021 - March 31st 2021.

A few others may also be free during this time too.

Cheers.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Lovely. Was looking to replay that when my ps5 arrives
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

GAME are currently selling the Oculus Quest 2 for £20 off
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Dex is currently £1.50 on Switch. Had my eye on it for a while and this is an all time low price. 2D cyberpunk platform adventure, hacking, combat etc. Inspired by old stuff like Flashback etc.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Ninten ... 0000026198#
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Nice one Alex I've had that on my wish list for ages.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

DomsBeard wrote: March 8th, 2021, 7:03 am Nice one Alex I've had that on my wish list for ages.
Ah sadly I think I must have caught it right on the end of the sale as its shot back up to £18 now. Still, it's on sale every other week so keep an eye out, that's the lowest I've ever seen it, usually hovers around £8.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

DomsBeard wrote: March 8th, 2021, 7:03 am Nice one Alex I've had that on my wish list for ages.
Hey man, Dex is back down to £1.79 :)

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Ninten ... 03806.html