Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah it does that sometimes. It'll just say free if you already own it, then other times it'll say purchased.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

As the Banner Saga 3 came out today, the entire Trilogy is on PSN for 39.99 Euros (if you have PS+, normal RRP 49.99)

Really good price for what's admittedly a marmite game (though a beautiful one).
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

There are some cracking deals in the Totally Digital section of the Playstation Sale.

SOMA, The Long Dark, and The Infectious Madness of Dr Dekker are all in the 7-8 GBP range, it looks like.

I would love if someone bought the latter as it's driving me mad, having finished it last night I'd like to see if other people go as wrong as I did. And really, see what people make of it.

It would be a good 'movie night' game to play with a significant other.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Chopper wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 12:05 pm I would love if someone bought the latter as it's driving me mad, having finished it last night I'd like to see if other people go as wrong as I did. And really, see what people make of it.
You know what, as much as it sounds like the opposite of my thing on paper, I might just have a go at it later on. Just to step outside of my comfort zone a bit. I'll report back.

It's gonna have to wait a few days though, as I am currently enjoying Thumper that I grabbed in the same sale. Finally, a game with agency and not too much scripting. 8-)
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

:o

Well, as long as you are comfortable with the fact that it's the complete opposite of what you like, I commend your effort. :)

I briefly considered getting Thumper, but as it is 100% about execution, I soon talked myself out of it.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Chopper wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 1:07 pm :o

Well, as long as you are comfortable with the fact that it's the complete opposite of what you like, I commend your effort. :)
I also kind of want to do you a solid considering how enthusiastic you are about this game. It'll also give us something to talk about for once instead of taking cheap shots at each other from across the isle, such as:
Chopper wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 1:07 pm I briefly considered getting Thumper, but as it is 100% about execution, I soon talked myself out of it.
Weak. ;)

EDIT: Bought, downloading now. Is there anything I should know beforehand in terms of controls, etc? I obviously have no idea what I'm doing here.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I just mean that games that require you to execute precise patterns are not for me. If I'd wanted to take shots I would have got involved in that avocado discussion earlier ;)

No special instructions. Two things that I overlooked were a) the coloured dots are supposed to be a sanity meter, I think and b) you can type in questions with the controller. I absolutely did not type any questions as that would seem to suck the joy out of the game, but I'm left wondering if maybe I should have. We can discuss when you are done :)
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is GBP 15.99/EUR 19.99 on the PS store at the moment, which I think is the cheapest it's been so far.

Also: it is immense.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I concur, one of my all time favourites it is.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Yakuza 0 is £9.99 on PSN at the moment. One of the best games I have played in years so would recommend
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Dariusburst is finally reduced in price too!

15.99 is so much more palatable than 50
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Simonsloth wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 10:05 pm Dariusburst is finally reduced in price too!
It's definitely been reduced before, I got it ages ago for £20 I think.
£16 is great though!
:)
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Simonsloth wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 10:05 pm Dariusburst is finally reduced in price too!

Same here! I've been waiting ages for this. Great game, btw. Have you played it already?
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Yes briefly. It’s very good although I was looking at the DLC and it’s extensive (and expensive) but one of the easiest ways to play the cave back catalogue
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Slayaway Camp is free on iOS and Android at the moment. Also just picked up Hollow Knight plus all DLC on the Switch shop for £7.34.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Final Fantasy XV is 50% off on steam. I told myself I'm on a spending freeze but that's tempting.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

The Devil May Cry HD collection is fairly cheap on PS4 at the moment, does anyone know if they're good ports?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It’s a no-frills port of the no-frills PS3 port. It runs in 1080p rather than 720p though, and apparently suffers a few visual inaccuracies.
ADumican83

Post by ADumican83 »

Into The Breach is only £5.73 on the South African eshop.
JadePhoenix

Post by JadePhoenix »

Valkyria Chronicles remastered is $12 in the US PSN store this weekend if anybody was inspired by the podcast to give it a shot.