Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
James

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by James »

Oh, and early warning that the Epic Game Store will have a different freebie every day from 19th December until the end of the year (12 games in all, IIRC).
No word yet on what games will be included, but if you have access to the Epic client it might be worth taking regular peaks to check out what's on offer.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

If anyone would like a Stadia Buddy Pass code to give it a go over Christmas please let me know. You'll need to sign up etc but it's 3 months of Stadia Pro with the current 4 free games
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

I've never played the Blade Runner game but it's on sale at GoG for about $8.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Great sale on the Nintendo e-shop at the moment. About ten games on my wish list at buyable prices. Best of all it lasts till start of Jan so I know where any Christmas money I get is going!
Suits

Post by Suits »

Alex79uk wrote: December 20th, 2019, 8:35 pm Great sale on the Nintendo e-shop at the moment. About ten games on my wish list at buyable prices. Best of all it lasts till start of Jan so I know where any Christmas money I get is going!
What you got your eye on man ??
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Suits wrote: December 20th, 2019, 10:17 pm
Alex79uk wrote: December 20th, 2019, 8:35 pm Great sale on the Nintendo e-shop at the moment. About ten games on my wish list at buyable prices. Best of all it lasts till start of Jan so I know where any Christmas money I get is going!
What you got your eye on man ??
I won't be getting all of them, but:

Hyper Light Drifter
Assassins Creed 3 (I'm playing the whole series)
South Park: The Stick Of Truth
What Remains Of Edith Finch
Katana Zero
Blasphemous

There are a few more too I can't remember without checking, but I'll probably only grab a couple of them.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Alex79uk wrote: December 20th, 2019, 10:30 pm I won't be getting all of them but;
Tidy.

I’ll have to take a look at the sale.

I’ve been tempted a few time by HLD, not that I’ve not got a million other games to play.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

That Epic sale is ... epic.

You claim a free game, get a 10 (your currency) voucher to apply to another game. When you spend that you get another 10 (your currency) voucher, and so on. Remember you can keep your voucher to use later next year on the game of your choice, it doesn't have to be in this sale. Terms and conditions apply.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Suits wrote: December 21st, 2019, 6:19 am
Alex79uk wrote: December 20th, 2019, 10:30 pm I won't be getting all of them but;
Tidy.

I’ve been tempted a few time by HLD, not that I’ve not got a million other games to play.
I had some Morrisons vouchers that we save through the year from doing our food shop every week, so spent some of them on a £25 Amazon gift card, which I then spent on a £25 eShop voucher code, and got AC3, South Park and The Red Strings Club.

Woohoo!
Suits

Post by Suits »

Ha, that’s a really smart way of doing that, rad.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I bought Everspace in the PSN sale. Why.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Alex79uk wrote: December 21st, 2019, 2:44 pm
Suits wrote: December 21st, 2019, 6:19 am
Tidy.

I had some Morrisons vouchers that we save through the year from doing our food shop every week, so spent some of them on a £25 Amazon gift card, which I then spent on a £25 eShop voucher code, and got AC3, South Park and The Red Strings Club.

Woohoo!
Genius.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Morrisons do sell eshop vouchers just to save some time
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

dezm0nd wrote: December 22nd, 2019, 7:03 pm Morrisons do sell eshop vouchers just to save some time
Haha I'm not that stupid - they didn't have any. :lol:
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

:oops:
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

IMPORTANT PSA:
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair (one of the best platformers I've played in a long time) is FREE on the Epic Games Store until Jan. 1st, 11am EST (which I think is like 6am for Britons?). GO GRAB THIS GAME. It's legitimately great.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Magical_Isopod wrote: December 31st, 2019, 5:41 pm IMPORTANT PSA:
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair (one of the best platformers I've played in a long time) is FREE on the Epic Games Store until Jan. 1st, 11am EST (which I think is like 6am for Britons?). GO GRAB THIS GAME. It's legitimately great.
I was just hoping on to deliver this same announcement. Was properly shocked to find it there.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Darksiders, Darksiders II and Steep now all free on Epic Games until 9th January.
James

Post by James »

Also on Epic: the Encore Sale is extending some (but not all) of the sale prices from the Holiday Sale until 7th January.
Stick with me on this!

During the Holiday Sale, you got £10 off every purchase over ~£14 ($15 converted), using the Holiday Coupon. Every time you used a coupon, you were given another. The Holiday Coupon scheme has also been extended until the 7th January.

A few games that were under £14 during the Holiday Sale are now back up to their usual price. That means the likes of John Wick Hex, Wattam and Observation now qualify for the Holiday Coupon £10 discount, and are therefore cheaper than they were during the Holiday Sale.

Even better, the Holiday Coupon you have when the sale finally ends doesn't expire until the 1st May 2020, so whilst you can't use it on pre-orders, it can be kept until a big release drops between now and May.

Hope that all makes sense.

TL;DR - There are some bigger savings on the Epic Game Store this weekend than during the holiday sale. Maybe check it out.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

All four Mega Man packs (legacy collections 1 and 2 and Mega Man X collections 1 and 2) are currently half price on Switch. My question is two fold:

Firstly, can anyone vouch for the ports? Input lag could be fatal in these games, and I don't want to pay for something that doesn't work properly.

And secondly, which pack would everyone say is the 'best' one to get.

I've not played a Mega Man game before other than a couple of short goes. The classics packs appeal to me mainly for their aesthetic. I loved Shovel Knight and the older games look a lot more similar to that in style than the X games. But chances are the X games are a lot more accessible to play, too. With perhaps refined controls and arguably slightly lower difficulty?

So, which would people play for a newcomer? Anyone played the old old games recently? How are they to play nowadays? Still worth a look?

Thanks!

EDIT: My post was slightly wrong. There are two packs on sale. Legacy Collection which is NES games 1 to 6, and the X collection which is MMX 1 to 4.

EDIT 2: For fuck sake. I'm still wrong. Also half price is Legacy Collection 2 which is MM 7 to 10. There may be other packs on sale too. I JUST DON'T KNOW ANY MORE!!

Look, which is the best Mega Man game, OK?