Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
countstex

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by countstex »

GOG have almost 30 games available for free right now as part of the Stay At Home initiative. Some real classics in there too. Worth a look for you PC gamers:
https://www.gog.com/partner/stay_at_home
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

The highly regarded puzzle-adventure Pikuniku is 89p (92% reduction) on Switch at the moment! Absolute bargain, if you check a few reviews. Getting.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Ninten ... 97144.html
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Also on Game Pass.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Wow, 89p 😳.

This looks fun !!
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Monument Valley 2 is free on iOS and Android.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

And Lara Croft Go I believe.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Loads of generosity during this time.

Hoovering them all up
James

Post by James »

Switch eShop's Spring Sale starts today. The website is being a bit flaky about showing the list of games on sale, but the headline is over 300 games discounted (with up to 80% off). Plus next Thursday (9th April) will see some games added to the sale, including Breath Of The Wild and DKC Tropical Freeze.

It's not a complete list, but Nintendo Life have a list of the "highlights" that were publicised before the sale started: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/0 ... ted_europe
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Reasonably sized sale on PSN starting today as well.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

*seem to have messed up a double post here, feel free to delete!*
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

James wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 4:05 pm Switch eShop's Spring Sale starts today. The website is being a bit flaky about showing the list of games on sale, but the headline is over 300 games discounted (with up to 80% off). Plus next Thursday (9th April) will see some games added to the sale, including Breath Of The Wild and DKC Tropical Freeze.

It's not a complete list, but Nintendo Life have a list of the "highlights" that were publicised before the sale started: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/0 ... ted_europe
Yeah looking forward to having a look through it. Unfortunately the online Web store for the eShop is absolute garbage, they never update it enough! Under special offers they're still advertising the sale that finished on March 1st!

Classic Nintendo :roll:

Re: the PSN sale, it really irritates me that they've just totally given up on discounting PS3 and Vita games. I know hardly anyone is buying them but still...
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Alex79uk wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 4:44 pm Yeah looking forward to having a look through it. Unfortunately the online Web store for the eShop is absolute garbage, they never update it enough! Under special offers they're still advertising the sale that finished on March 1st!

Classic Nintendo :roll:
It is indeed rubbish! Also, is it just me or are the offers and discounts in these eShop sales never that great? Whenever I look through for things I'm interested in the discounts are either minimal, or because the game was such a high price to start with even with a discount stuff still seems expensive?

Maybe it's happens to be the games I'm looking at that are the problem, or perhaps I'm just crap at bargain hunting on there!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

As far as I can tell, Nintendo in general are never really that generous when it comes to their digital sales, especially in direct comparison to Sony / MS or especially *gulp* Steam.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

There are some really good deals on the eShop, but it's generally never first party stuff or big AAA games. I picked up Mario Vs Rabbids for a tenner ages ago, and it's only £7 or so in this sale too. That's not really a first party game, mind.

But no, there are some fantastic deals on there, but you have to wade through a lot of crap to find them. The best thing to do is create a decent wishlist and then just check that every time a sale is on and it'll flag up anything discounted.
James

Post by James »

I second that strategy, Alex79uk.
My biggest wishlist, by far, is on Switch, to make sure I don't miss price drops on anything I'm remotely interested in.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

My 3 year old is Sonic mad at the moment so going to pick up Sonic racing for £24. It's the cheapest I've ever seen it on Switch. I've got mania and the originals on the ps4/xbox annoyingly as I would've bought them also.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Xbox has joined the spring sale party now as well

https://www.trueachievements.com/n41351 ... ounts-here
Mr Ixolite

Post by Mr Ixolite »

Alex79uk wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 5:56 pm There are some really good deals on the eShop, but it's generally never first party stuff or big AAA games. I picked up Mario Vs Rabbids for a tenner ages ago, and it's only £7 or so in this sale too. That's not really a first party game, mind.

But no, there are some fantastic deals on there, but you have to wade through a lot of crap to find them. The best thing to do is create a decent wishlist and then just check that every time a sale is on and it'll flag up anything discounted.
Thats exactly what I'm doing too. The norm seems to be a 30% discount (certainly for 1st party titles), but with enough patience I've picked up a lot of stuff with 50% discounts or more. I got Bastion for 1£, and now have my eyes on Golf Story for 6£...
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ooh I hadn't spotted Golf Story. Tempted at that price...
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Golf Story is superb Alex, I absolutely loved it. Highly recommended. For the price it's a no-brainer.

Me, I've spotted Demon's Tilt in the sale. I'm gonna grab it. Modern Dragon's Fury action, sign me up!