It's that time of year again - The Great Big CaR Forum Quiz 2019! Can anyone knock Joshua off the winners podium, or will he take home another victory? There's only one way to find out!
Now, we are going to have to employ a certain degree of trust here. Please don't just Google the answers, it's much more fun if people do it properly.
I have included a ready formatted answer sheet for you to copy and paste in the spoiler tags below. When you post your answers PLEASE POST THEM IN SPOILER TAGS.
- Spoiler: show
So, let's go then! 80 big old questions for you to work your way through, go go go!
Round 1: In The Beginning
1. Which legendary 8-bit composer, who's credits include Jack The Nipper and Auf Wiedersehen Monty sadly passed away in October 2018?
2. The Western release of Super Mario Bros 2. was actually a reskinned and remade version of which Japanese game?
3. What is the name of the third game in Codemasters Dizzy the egg series?
4. How many playable characters are there in the original coin-op version of Golden Axe?
5. Which developer is best known for his psychedelic shoot 'em ups which are most often variants on the 1981 classic, Tempest?
Round 2: Virtual Insanity
1. What is the name of the additional level in Rez Infinite that wasn't in the original game?
2. Which VR game was The Computer Game Show podcast's GOTY 2018?
3. Valve recently stirred excitement by announcing a new VR game set in which game world?
4. What is the name of the cheap, entry level headset with which Google brought VR to the mobile phone using masses back in 2014?
5. Which iconic spaceship could players experience being part of the bridge crew in the 2017 VR game?
Round 3: We've Seen It All Before
1. The remaster of Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare was initially only available in special edition versions of which game?
2. Which critically polarising survival horror/adventure game was recently re-released on Switch, the sequel to which is due to come out next year?
3. Meaning 'extreme' in Japanese, which word is used in the titles of both the Yakuza 1 and 2 remakes?
4. Which classic puzzler was given the battle royal overhaul for members of a certain subscription service earlier this year?
5. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection features Borderlands 2 and which other game?
Round 4: In Modern Times
1. Where in the world was the most recent Forza Horizon set?
2. If you activate easy mode in Metal Gear Solid V, you are forced to wear a special hat. What kind of creature is represented by this hat?
3. Corey Barlog is best known as the lead writer and director on which game series?
4. What is the name of the mode in Rocket League which allows players to collect and use weapons and power-ups during matches?
5. What is the name of the infamous mass shooting in an airport stage in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2?
Round 5: Who Said That!? (Which game or series do the following quotes come from?)
1. "We all make choices in life, but in the end our choices make us".
2. "GET OVER HERE!"
3. "Kept you waiting, huh?"
4. "How appropriate, you fight like a cow!"
5. "We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster".
Round 6: Horsin' around (name the games these horses come from)
7. Butt Stallion
9. Hudson Horstachio
Round 7: The Dreaded Anagrams (Solve these game titles, ignore any punctuation)
1. EUROS ROPEY. DISMAYS!
2. TRAVELLED WAYS
3. FIERIEST SLANG
4. ATTENDS GRIND. AH!
5. DAMNED DOPE RETIRED
6. AH, FRIZZ ON ROO
7. RUDE IMPOSTER!
8. ACES SNIP VADER
9. ANAL? IFFY, STAN!
10. FAUST HOTELS
Round 8: DLC What I Did There? (Which games does the following DLC come from?)
1. Undead Nightmare
2. The Frozen Wilds
3. Bring Down The Sky
4. Minerva's Den
5. Knothole Island
6. The Following
7. Captain Scarlett And Her Pirate's Booty
8. Lost In Nightmares
9. The Champions' Ballad
10. Hearts Of Stone
Round 9: Missing Words Round (Complete these game titles. Number of dashes does NOT equal number of missing letters)
1. Castlevania: _ _ _ _ Of Dissonance
2. Metropolis _ _ _ _ Racer
3. Halo 5: _ _ _ _
4. Seymour Goes To _ _ _ _
5. _ _ _ _ A Steel Sky
6. Death Road To _ _ _ _
7. Metroid Prime 3: _ _ _ _
8. Broken Sword 4: The _ _ _ _ Of Death
9. Grand Theft Auto: _ _ _ _ Wars
10. _ _ _ _ Route Zero
Round 10 - Everything That Isn't Videogames
1. Which country will host the final of the Euro 2020 football tournament?
2. Which actor has Quentin Tarantino featured in his films more times than any other?
3. What is the name of the character Steve Carell played in the US version of The Office?
4. Complete the lyric from this popular Christmas song; "What will your daddy do, when he sees your mama kissin' _ _ _ _".
5. Which wildly popular messaging app did Facebook purchase for around $19 billion in 2014?
6. Who composed the score for the movies The Social Network, Birdbox and Gone Girl?
7. Who pissed off millions of Marvel fans around the world earlier this year when he stated that he did not believe superhero movies were real cinema?
8. What is the capital city of Bulgaria?
9. Who played the character Neil Sutherland in The Inbetweeners?
10. Which Liverpudlian megastar is due to headline the Glastonbury Festival next June?
11. Which comicbook legend is responsible for writing Watchmen, V For Vendetta and From Hell?
12. In which country did the food chain Nando's originate?
13. What does IPA stand for, in the context of alcoholic beverages?
14. Who is the only American president in office to have been interviewed by Marc Maron on his WTF podcast?
15. Who played Steve Jobs in the biopic film of the same name, released in 2015?
In the event of a tied score, the winner shall be decided by the following ridiculous and random question.
On my PS4, I have a single saved game for Fallout 4. In hours and minutes, how long have I been playing for on that save game?
Your answer goes here:
Good luck, hope you enjoy it!