Games Completed 2020

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Scrustle

Re: Games Completed 2020

Post by Scrustle »

Spoiler: show
03/01 - Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
08/01 - Need for Speed: Carbon
12/01 - Devil May Cry (Normal)
15/01 - Devil May Cry 2 (Normal/Dante)
26/01 - Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
08/02 - Dishonored
18/02 - Deus Ex: The Fall
23/02 - Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (Normal/Dante/Free Style)
26/02 - Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (Normal/Vergil)
28/02 - Horizon Chase Turbo
28/02 - EQQO
02/03 - Yakuza 3 Remastered
03/03 - Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (Hard/Dante/Free Style)
10/03 - Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (Very Hard/Dante/Free Style)
13/03 - Mirror's Edge Catalyst
19/03 - A Short Hike
01/04 - Doom Eternal
02/04 - Lucah: Born of a Dream (NG+, Bad Ending)
14/04 - Yakuza 4 Remastered
17/04 - Fable Anniversary
21/04 - Transistor
01/05 - The Last Guardian
11/05 - Mafia III
15/05 - Mini Ninjas
17/05 - Burnout Paradise Remastered (Elite License)
20/05 - The Gardens Between
25/05 - The Wonderful 101 Remastered (Normal)
27/05 - El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
06/06 - Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
14/06 - OneShot
16/06 - OneShot (NG+/Solstice)
22/06 - The World Begins With You
27/06 - Titanfall 2
10/07 - Vane
16/07 - What Remains of Edith Finch
27/07 - Braid
28/07 - Shadow Warrior 2
07/08 - Night in the Woods
15/08 - Night in the Woods
23/08 - Yakuza 5 Remastered
26/08 - Devil May Cry 5 (Son of Sparda)
04/09 - Hyper Light Drifter
05/09 - Prey (2017)
08/09 - Night in the Woods
15/09 - Hyper Light Drifter (Alt Drifter)
29/09 - Need for Speed: Underground

While this was fun to revisit, and is pretty good overall, going back to it made me realise why this game didn’t stick in my mind over the years quite as much as the sequels did, in ways that I probably didn’t realise at the time.

The core racing mechanics are good however. It still feels fun to drive, with cars feeling snappy and responsive. Races being on closed courses helps give them a certain intensity too, giving them a sense of focus. It feels suited towards optimising your lines through corners, and it can be very tense when you’re slicing your way around the track barely missing obstacles at high speeds.

But at the same time, the handling feels somewhat basic compared to Underground 2. It doesn’t have that great sense of subtlety to the grip that game did, where you could play around on the edge of control. Here it feels pretty binary, and a bit simplistic in comparison. Also the traffic in this game can be particularly annoying. In a lot of cases, it will be placed around a blind corner in such a way that you can’t avoid hitting it, or it’ll pull out from a junction giving you zero ability to react. It feels cheap and annoying, and hurts the tight feeling of nailing your lines, as you could just get screwed by the game at any moment.

There also seems to be something wrong with the physics. Going over jumps, or sometimes even just touching a kerb, can have your car flipping out and ruining your race. Usually it happens around shortcuts, but sometimes it’s in spots where you have no option but to drive over it and just hope. It seems to get worse the longer a race goes on too, suggesting this must be a bug.

And while most race types are fine, like the usual circuit or sprint races, other types are not so good. Drifting is the same as it is in U2, so kind of meh. Drag racing is awful though. A lot of how well you do depends on how well you launch your car off the line, but since this game has digital inputs for throttle, you have very little ability to control your revs. On top of that the problem with traffic is a really big issue in this mode as well. Drag races always ended up in a ton of restarts and was never fun.

The AI is pretty broken and unfair once you get deeper in to the game. The rubber banding is ridiculous, and seemingly doesn't work properly when you examine how it behaves in different situations. It produces some absurd difficulty spikes in the latter 20% of the game or so, depending on the specific race. And the way to overcome it shows just how broken it is too. As I was having such a hard time with this, I went searching online to see if other people had this problem, and turns out it's pretty well known. That led me to discover a video about the game from someone I've actually spotted around these forums (It's pretty good), and they discovered if you just take off all your performance upgrades the AI slows back down with you, making these events actually doable.

The track variety is somewhat lacking too, both visually and in gameplay. While I do like the night time city aesthetic, there isn’t really much to it beyond that. It’s basically glitzy skyscrapers or industrial areas. With perhaps one little stretch of road in some of the tracks that is like a Chinatown area. Probably the most interesting bit of the game. And there is a lot of content re-use in tracks as well, as they are all built out of chunks of each other. So you’ll be driving along the same bits over and over. It’s almost like this game was originally intended to be open world, but they cut it for time constraints. In fact I’ve always wanted to see what this game would be like if you connected all the roads and could just roam freely around. And I did briefly mess with a mod that let you do just that, but it was kind of underdeveloped, so I didn’t do much with it.

Being able to upgrade and customise your car is still fun here, although again it’s rather overshadowed by its successors in this regard. While there’s still enough there to be entertaining, it does feel rather slim in options, and the rate of unlocks isn’t great either. It takes until about 2/3 of the way through the game before you start unlocking anything decent. And the way it ties wheel size to their unlock tier is a strange and slightly bothersome limitation too.

Although with all that said, I still had a fairly good time with it. Actually in-the-moment racing is still good, which is what the bulk of the experience is, aside from those late game frustrations. It’s just that later games improved so much that it’s hard for this one to get out from under their shadow.

All this has made me re-evaluate how I think about this period in the series too. Usually I put this one at the start of the golden age of NFS, ending with Carbon. But I tend to go back and forth on whether Carbon deserves to be counted, as even though it’s a good game, that is clearly where the quality started to dip. But now I have a fresher experience of all these games to compare them against each other, and I have to say that I prefer Carbon to U1. Even if it has a bunch of problems, it’s a far more ambitious game that does a lot more. The only thing I would put U1 over it for would maybe be the handling, but even then at least Carbon doesn’t make it a race-ruining gamble every time you touch a kerb. But anyway, if U1 deserves to be in this group, which I think it does considering it was the game that kicked off this streak, then Carbon does as well.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

08/02 - Dishonored
28/02 - EQQO
19/03 - A Short Hike
01/04 - Doom Eternal
21/04 - Transistor
11/05 - Mafia III
15/05 - Mini Ninjas
14/06 - OneShot
27/06 - Titanfall 2
10/07 - Vane
27/07 - Braid
28/07 - Shadow Warrior 2
05/09 - Prey (2017)
30/09 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (Lord of Shadow)

Enjoyed revisiting this. I think this makes it the fourth time I've played through this now. Opinions haven't changed on it much. I still really like the combat and the aesthetics of the game. Although this time I started a fresh file, so I had to go through unlocking all the skills again. Towards the start of the game it does feel a bit restrictive, and it takes a while until you start getting to the more interesting moves and it really gets in to its stride. And while I did mostly enjoy the bosses, this time around I did notice that they often feel like they can be over rather quickly. I guess that comes from having a lot of experience with the game and knowing how to dish out the big damage, but it made some of those fights feel like they should have gone on longer. But otherwise it's still a good time. I like the dark, sweeping, Gothic atmosphere a lot, weapons are satisfying to use, and managing the focus and magic mechanics adds a fun layer on top of combat too.

The story is interesting to consider. Overall it's not brilliant, and a bit all over the place, but there are moments in it that are really good. I think I get what they were going for, trying to make an emotional and dramatic story about Dracula fighting against his own sense of resentment that he's let envelop him, to instead reject that and open up to his sense of humanity through reconnecting with the family he never had. That can occasionally result in a few cutscenes that are pretty affecting, and are very well acted and animated. But the pieces don't come together to make it work. There are so many disjointed elements, characters who are extremely underutilised, and the ending feels very rushed.

That rushed feeling applies to a lot of the game actually, especially in the latter parts. You can tell just from playing it that this game had a rough development, and a lot was probably cut out. This game was in development around the same time as MGS5, and I highly suspect it went through similar troubles with Konami. I remember from reading interviews and such that there were hints that something along those lines happened, although nothing concrete ever came out. So considering all that, I think it's pretty impressive they managed to make what they did. Part of me still wishes I could see what this game was originally meant to be, but only because I like what we got so much already.
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

03/01 - Disco Elysium (PC)
03/02 - DUSK (PC)
12/02 - Baba is You (PC)
13/02 - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (PSP - via Castlevania: Dracula X)
21/03 - Dying Light (PC)
24/03 - Ori and The Will of the Wisps (PC)
04/04 - DOOM: Eternal (PC)
05/04 - Resident Evil 3 (PC)
10/04 - Tangle Tower (Switch)
13/05 - Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (PS Vita)
23/05 - Mega Man X2 (Switch)
14/06 - Shovel Knight: King of Cards (Switch)
03/07 - The Last of Us Part 2 (PS4)
11/07 - Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PC)
22/07 - Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)
28/07 - Demon's Souls (PS3)
21/08 - Manifold Garden (PC)
05/09 - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PC)
30/09 - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (PS4 and PC)

That's more like it! Onto to patches and Stormblood.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

(Jan) Far Cry New Dawn - XB1X.
(Jan) Darksiders 3 - XB1X.
(Feb) Borderlands 3 - XB1X.
(Mar) Remnant: From the Ashes - XB1X.
(Mar) Farming Simulator 17 - XB1X.
(Mar) Tracks-The Train Set Game - XB1X.
(Apr) Vanquish Remastered - XB1X.
(Apr) Deliver Us The Moon - XB1X.
(May) DOOM Eternal - XB1X.
(July) The Last of Us Part 2 - PS4 Pro.
(July) Assassin's Creed Odyssey - PS4 Pro.
(July) Resident Evil 3 Remake - PS4 Pro.
(Sept) Nioh - PS4 Pro.
(Sept) Carrion - XB1X.
(Sept) Man Of Medan -XB1X.
(Sept) Journey to the Savage Planet - XB1X.
(Sept) CoD MW2 Remastered - PS4 Pro.
(Sept) Lara Croft Go - PS Vita.
(Sept) Batman :The Enemy Within - XB1X.
(Sept) Tell Me Why - XB1X.
Hunter30

Post by Hunter30 »

April - Fallout 1 (PC)
April - Telltale's Game of Thrones (PC)
May - The Darkness II (PS3)
June - Orcs Must Die! 2 (PC)
July - Dead Space 3 (PS3)

September - LA Noire: Complete Edition (PS3)
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

08/02 - Dishonored
28/02 - EQQO
19/03 - A Short Hike
01/04 - Doom Eternal
21/04 - Transistor
11/05 - Mafia III
15/05 - Mini Ninjas
14/06 - OneShot
27/06 - Titanfall 2
10/07 - Vane
27/07 - Braid
28/07 - Shadow Warrior 2
05/09 - Prey (2017)
01/10 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2: Revelations (Lord of Shadow)

Back through the DLC as well, also with a fresh file. It's a fun time still. Cool to see a few new areas of the castle, and a slightly different twist on the combat using a different weapon. Although like all three weapons in the main game, it's still using the same mostly universal control scheme. The base design of this DLC is a little different to the main game too. Gone are the stealth sequences (although I don't think they even really make up much of the main game as it is) and instead there are more puzzle elements that you use your unique abilities to navigate. It's a welcome change, but I'm not sure it would be as engaging for an experience longer than this very short campaign. It makes doubling back and looking for collectibles sort of a hassle, especially when one of the levels only allows you to go one way around it. But one a single run through they are fun. Yet I still wish this DLC was longer though. In terms of more fresh content that is. The combat doesn't really get quite enough time to be fully explored here, and I'd like to see what more could be done with these new abilities too.

Also I think this DLC shows another hint at the troubled development of this game. With LoS1, there were two DLC chapters, both with names beginning with "Re-" like this one. Yet this is the only one for the sequel. But there's another character in the main game who seems like a clearly obvious fit to be playable. They're also maybe the worst candidate when it comes to characters being glossed over and dropped in the main story as well. You get the sense maybe their role was intended to be fleshed out more in their own DLC. It's a shame we don't get to see that.
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

15. Deus Ex Go
Probably my favourite game in the Go franchise as at no point did I feel this resorted to trial and error. The difficulty curve was perfect and it’s just a great little puzzle game to pick up and play in short bursts or while watching TV. 9/10
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Gris

Just finished this on Switch and thought it was very very good.

OST was amazing, art style beautiful and the puzzles were just that side of clever. Many times I turn it off stumped on what to do then do it within 2 minutes of jumping back on.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Tell Me Why Epsiode 1

Really good but a very slow burn, looking forward to the next episode.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

3 January: Untitled Goose Game (Xbox One)
13 January: Punch-Out! (NES on Switch)
16 January: Spyro the Dragon (PS4)
19 January: Mega Man X (SNES Classic Mini)
26 January: The Ninja Saviors (Switch)
31 January: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island (SNES on Switch)
3 February: Bulletstorm (PS4)
5 February: Koral (Switch)
7 February: Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES on Switch)
9 February: Super Mario Bros. (NES on Switch)
10 February: Super Cycle (C64 Mini)
16 February: Bioshock (PS4)
18 February: Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (Game Boy Advance)
19 February: Bloodstained - Ritual of the Night (Xbox One)
25 February: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Game Boy Advance)
27 February: Ninja Gaiden Shadow (Game Boy)
29 February: Ghostbusters (C64 Mini)
4 March: Destruction Derby 2 (PlayStation Classic)
14 March: Doom 3 (Switch)
18 March: Anodyne (Switch)
30 March: Agent X (ZX Spectrum)
31 March: Agent X II (ZX Spectrum)
4 April: Death Star Interceptor (ZX Spectrum)
11 April: Doom 64 (Switch)
13 April: Doom (Switch)
26 April: Doom II (Switch)
27 April: Kid Dracula (Game Boy)
30 April: Saboteur 2 - Avenging Angel (Switch)
3 May: TimeSplitters (PS2)
5 May: TimeSplitters 2 (PS2)
6 May: Streets of Rage 4 (Switch)
7 May: Moley Christmas (ZX Spectrum)
14 May: Streets of Rage 2 (Mega Drive Mini)
18 May: Daley Thompson’s Decathlon (ZX Spectrum)
26 May: Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (Game Boy Colour)
31 May: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (PS4)
12 June: TMNT (Game Boy Advance)
13 June: Call of Duty WWII (PS4)
14 June: American Election (Mac)
14 June: Wampus (NES)
16 June: I’m Bored, Let’s Explore (Ruins) (Mac)
16 June: Masks (Mac)
18 June: Intrepid (Mac)
23 June: In Other Waters (Switch)
26 June: Rik the Roadie (ZX Spectrum)
28 June: Milk Race (ZX Spectrum)
30 June: Akumajo Dracula / Super Castlevania IV (Switch)
12 July: Manic Miner 2020 - Special Edition (ZX Spectrum)
13 July: Super Mario Bros. COVID-19 Edition (ZX Spectrum)
13 July: Monument Valley 2 (iPad)
18 July: Erica (PS4)
19 July: The Room 2 (iPad)
20 July: Silent Hill (PlayStation Classic)
28 July: Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered (PS4)
8 August: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2 (PS4)
14 August: Carrion (Xbox)
24 August: Winter Games (ZX Spectrum)
25 August: Winter Games (C64 Mini)
27 August: Star Wars Episode 1 Racer (Switch)
Some serious catching up done in September! Highlight was Silent Hill 2. First time playing (but already not the last), and I can safely say it’s one of my favourite games ever.

3 September: Silent Hill 2 (PS2)
5 September: Super Mario All Stars - Super Mario Bros. (SNES on Switch)
8 September: Donkey Kong Country (SNES on Switch)
13 September: Bayonetta (PS4)
20 September: Duke Nukem 3D - 20th Anniversary World Tour (Switch)
26 September: Vanquish (PS4)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Alex79uk wrote: JAN - Titanfall 2 (PS4)
JAN - Pinball FX3: Fish Tales (Switch)
FEB - Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
FEB - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
FEB - Mafia 3 (PS4)
MAR - Mega Man X (Switch)
MAR - Assassin's Creed III Remastered (Switch)
MAR - Control (PS4)
MAR - Shadow Of The Tomb Raider (PS4)
APR - Yoku's Island Express (100%) (Switch)
APR - WWF Wrestlefest (Arcade on PS Vita)
APR - Holedown (Android)
MAY - South Park: The Stick Of Truth (Switch)
JUN - Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)
JUN - Golf Story (Switch)
JUL - Days Gone (PS4)
JUL - Bayonetta (Switch)
JUL - Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)
JUL - The Gardens Between (Android)
AUG - Hyper Light Drifter (Switch)
AUG - Celeste Classic (PICO-8 on Switch)
AUG - Thimbleweed Park (Android)
AUG - Celeste (Switch)
AUG - Bury Me, My Love (Android)
AUG - NBA 2K20: Career Mode story (Switch)
SEP - Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch)
OCT - Final Fight (Switch)

I promised myself the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle if I saw it cheap and it was half price this week on the eShop, so working my way through those games. I never really loved Final Fight back in the day, but it was fun enough to go through today. The collection is good as far as games are concerned, but a bit bare bones considering other Capcom collections with regard to extras, screen settings, game settings etc. There's no way to limit continues, so you have to impose your own rules if you want to clear the game within a certain amount or whatever. Still, nice little collection for £7 or however much it was.
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

Jan - Riverbond Crystal Caves DLC - Xbox One (100%)
May - Tacoma - Xbox One (100%)
June - Portal 2 - Xbox 360 (single player)
May - Minecraft Dungeons - Xbox One
August - Carrion - Xbox One (100%)
26th Sept - Movin' Out - Xbox One (Story)

I think that this does local co-op for family better than Overcooked does, though it is not as intellectually challenging as that can be. I like as well that the assist mode has a number of options so you can tailor it based around what is challenging you in the level (for instance, you can extend the timer, or make some objects lights) which means that the difficulty levels can be a little more 'bespoke', very handy when you have people of different skill levels. We still have the medals and the bonus levels to try out but this game works as a dip in and dip out game very well.

29th Sept - Bad North - Xbox One (Story)

This is another game that works as something to dip into. It's a real time tactics game where you have a limited number of squads to defend procedurally built islands from viking hordes, as a wave of death rolls along the map. Permadeath is enabled but only for your squad commanders and you get more coin for defending all the buildings on an island (which enables more upgrades). Combat is satisfying - blows have heft to them and watching one of the brute archers send your squads flying in later levels is heart wrenching. The art style is pastel for the islands, hand drawn for all the UI info and almost stylised for the characters and it works well in the general Nordic theme. I particularly like that (with blood enabled) the maps of the islands show where the fighting took place - a method to see where 'hot spots' happened. Definitely worth picking up if you have an interest in tactic based games, and one that you don't need to get too invested into in any session, but you may find yourself doing that, ' just one more island before I stop ...' thing
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

FEB - Mafia 3 (PS4)
MAR - Control (PS4)
APR - Holedown (Android)
JUL - Days Gone (PS4)
JUL - Bayonetta (Switch)
JUL - Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)
AUG - Celeste (Switch)
OCT - The King Of Dragons (Switch)

Highly enjoyable romp through the second game in the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle with my youngest in co-op. Really fun game, big cast of characters to play as, all with different fighting styles, and an RPG-lite style upgrade system as you move through the game. Much more enjoyable, to me at least, than Final Fight. Lovely to look at, great sound, and I also discovered that the games do actually contain filters and stuff now (must have been patched in) so it looked great with scan lines on the TV. Brilliant fun, and I wouldn't have moaned about paying £7 just for the arcade port of this, which really makes the collection fantastic value.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Slightly controversial opinion: final fight is the worst game on that collection.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Flabyo wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 6:59 pm Slightly controversial opinion: final fight is the worst game on that collection.
I'd agree with you there completely.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

(Jan) Far Cry New Dawn - XB1X.
(Jan) Darksiders 3 - XB1X.
(Feb) Borderlands 3 - XB1X.
(Mar) Remnant: From the Ashes - XB1X.
(Mar) Farming Simulator 17 - XB1X.
(Mar) Tracks-The Train Set Game - XB1X.
(Apr) Vanquish Remastered - XB1X.
(Apr) Deliver Us The Moon - XB1X.
(May) DOOM Eternal - XB1X.
(July) The Last of Us Part 2 - PS4 Pro.
(July) Assassin's Creed Odyssey - PS4 Pro.
(July) Resident Evil 3 Remake - PS4 Pro.
(Sept) Nioh - PS4 Pro.
(Sept) Carrion - XB1X.
(Sept) Man Of Medan -XB1X.
(Sept) Journey to the Savage Planet - XB1X.
(Sept) CoD MW2 Remastered - PS4 Pro.
(Sept) Lara Croft Go - PS Vita.
(Sept) Batman: The Enemy Within - XB1X.
(Sept) Tell Me Why - XB1X.
(Oct) Mafia: Definitive Edition - XB1X.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

FEB - Mafia 3 (PS4)
MAR - Control (PS4)
APR - Holedown (Android)
JUL - Days Gone (PS4)
JUL - Bayonetta (Switch)
JUL - Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)
AUG - Celeste (Switch)
OCT - The King Of Dragons (Switch)
OCT - Death Stranding (PS4)

Well, I love Kojima, and I really enjoyed this game. There was a bit of meandering in some early chapters, but that was more down to me getting sidetracked than any pacing issues with the story. The story is suitably crazy and the journey felt epic. There was something oddly relaxing about trudging across miles of wasteland, backpack piled high. I never enjoyed the encounters with BTs, and would go well out of my way to avoid them, but I guess maybe that's the point. If this was real life, that's exactly what you'd do. I found them genuinely unsettling, and actually panic inducing! I can't pretend I absolutely followed the story, but I got most of it, and a quick read through of a plot analysis filled any gaps. Some interesting twists and turns along the way (a big one of which I guessed a mile off) and all in all an excellent experience. I hope there isn't a sequel, because I don't know how they'd do it, and I'd rather see Kojima and his team work on something else. Great game, though.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Tell Me Why Episode Two

Very much the same as episode one. I'm really enjoying the story but the pacing is very slow. It gives you enough titbits of story to keep you engaged.

For some reason I'm finding it very relaxing to play and there's a great pieces of ambient music throughout.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

08/02 - Dishonored
28/02 - EQQO
19/03 - A Short Hike
01/04 - Doom Eternal
21/04 - Transistor
11/05 - Mafia III
15/05 - Mini Ninjas
14/06 - OneShot
27/06 - Titanfall 2
10/07 - Vane
27/07 - Braid
28/07 - Shadow Warrior 2
05/09 - Prey (2017)
01/10 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2: Revelations (Lord of Shadow)
07/10 - Back to Bed

I've had this sitting around in my library unplayed for a while, so I decided now would be as good a time as any to give it a shot. Very short game, only took me an hour and a half, although I bet it's possible to beat it in less than half that time. It's just a simple puzzle game where you have to guide a sleepwalker through some cool Escher-esque dreamscapes back to their bed. It's got a nice art style and occasionally does some things with impossible geometry, but it doesn't go crazy with it. It feels like it was more of an exercise in just producing and releasing the game for a new studio, rather than pushing any boundaries with the game itself. Which would make sense, as the reason I was drawn to this in the first place was because it's the previous game from the devs of Figment, which I like a lot. That has a similar surreal dreamlike setting, so it feels like this game was just their trial run to get something out the door before they went all in on Figment. Still a charming little experience on its own though.
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

03/01 - Disco Elysium (PC)
03/02 - DUSK (PC)
12/02 - Baba is You (PC)
13/02 - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (PSP - via Castlevania: Dracula X)
21/03 - Dying Light (PC)
24/03 - Ori and The Will of the Wisps (PC)
04/04 - DOOM: Eternal (PC)
05/04 - Resident Evil 3 (PC)
10/04 - Tangle Tower (Switch)
13/05 - Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (PS Vita)
23/05 - Mega Man X2 (Switch)
14/06 - Shovel Knight: King of Cards (Switch)
03/07 - The Last of Us Part 2 (PS4)
11/07 - Divinity: Original Sin 2 (PC)
22/07 - Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)
28/07 - Demon's Souls (PS3)
21/08 - Manifold Garden (PC)
05/09 - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PC)
30/09 - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (PS4 and PC)
08/10 - Hades (PC)

Obviously not DONE with this, but saw credits. Loved it!