Double Dragon (plus forerunners and successors)

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
PlexShaw

Re: Double Dragon (plus forerunners and successors)

Post by PlexShaw »

I found it under the "Freebies" section in the PlayStation Plus area. I just think they haven't properly inserted all the links as it was hastily put up and taken down earlier in the week.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Wizard Of Odd wrote:Blimey that is a bigger download than I expected. I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 hundred meg!
Yeah that's what I thought as well, shame really. Still, I've downloaded the "Free" file, so when I do get fibre-optic I'll get it downloaded.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Downloaded. Played for ten minutes. Deleted. Absolutely awful game.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Your milage may vary. I quite enjoyed the trial. It's no classic but as updates go it's one of the more thoughtfully put together ones. Around the level of 1942: Joint Strike or something like that.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Completed it here, can't be sure if it's worth completing to see one of the quirkiest endings of a game in recent times but it's not bad. I initially loathed the art style but it does grow on you. Speaking of which, I'm surprised with the reinvention of Abobo, I always expected him to be Haggar with a menacing sackboy head.

The second levels' music is pretty unique and sounds like something cut off the Drive/Scarface soundtrack: