Need for Speed: Most Wanted

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
NokkonWud

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Post by NokkonWud »

Okay, I'm going to put up a thread for this as I will be running a whole load of game nights on this. As anyone who played Burnout Paradise knows, playing with a group of people can be a riot, especially when doing daft challenges, so I figure this will be a great place to sort out who is going to be playing where.

First up, I will be running sessions on the Xbox 360. As with all multi-format racing games, I'll be on there.

This has all the potential to be a smash hit and an incredibly fun, regular, online game for all of us at Cane & Rinse, so let us know your thoughts, whether you're getting it and if so on what format. It'd be great to get a load of people together and just go to town and most of all, have a laugh!

Xbox 360:
NokkonWud
W1DGET
AndyKurosaki
iwatttfodiwwfa
magicjoef
Leg of Time
GSMason
Rare Defect
Dante Fireseed
Ghost World

Playstation 3:
Benjo321
Mik
Xantiriad
Baron Phil
James

Re: Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Post by James »

Looking forward to this immensely. I was actually disappointed when I heard Criterion weren't going back to Burnout, but they really, really are... just look at that trailer!

I'm assuming the platform parity of Hot Pursuit will be true once again (Criterion had previously recommended the PS3 version of Burnout: Paradise), but I'll be getting the PS3 version for the Cross-Buy option. Sorry, Karl, but I can't resist getting the Vita version thrown in. :(
Sean

Post by Sean »

Have Sony or EA confirmed cross-buy for this? Vita version looks amazing, but, I've only seen cross-buy for first party stuff, so far.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

I thought you had to buy both versions anyway, didn't think it was a case of buying one and getting one free? Thought it was cross-play.

If it is a case of getting a Vita version free that's cool. That said, I wouldn't play it, not the kind of game I'd play on there.

As for Criterion, I Burnout Paradise ran better on PS3, but I believe Hot Pursuit was the other way and when they showed this off at e3 they did so on Xbox 360 I believe so I'm not sure they have a stance.
James

Post by James »

Sean wrote:Have Sony or EA confirmed cross-buy for this? Vita version looks amazing, but, I've only seen cross-buy for first party stuff, so far.
EA say it's "under consideration" as of about a month ago.
(http://www.computerandvideogames.com/36 ... ost-wanted)

That doesn't mean it'll happen, of course, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Also, if there's any ability to link the PS3 and Vita versions (Cross Buy or not) that's another reason to go for the PS3 version (for me).
NokkonWud wrote:I thought you had to buy both versions anyway, didn't think it was a case of buying one and getting one free? Thought it was cross-play.

If it is a case of getting a Vita version free that's cool. That said, I wouldn't play it, not the kind of game I'd play on there.
Cross Buy is exactly that (free Vita version). There's not necessarily any cross play implied in the Cross Buy titles, though the first party games announced for it do have that as I understand it.
NokkonWud wrote:As for Criterion, I Burnout Paradise ran better on PS3, but I believe Hot Pursuit was the other way and when they showed this off at e3 they did so on Xbox 360 I believe so I'm not sure they have a stance.
Hot Pursuit was six of one and half-a-dozen of the other (at least according to http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... t-face-off). If this video (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/59033/need-f ... play-demo/) is anything to go by, they were running Most Wanted on a PC with a 360 controller at E3. I'm sure PS3 and 360 will be even once again, but the prospect of either Cross Buy or cross-play swings me towards PS3 in this case. I'll be watching closely though, as for multiplayer there'll be more of my friends on 360.
Benjo321

Post by Benjo321 »

I don't even think it's cross play from what I've read. Can't see me wanting to play a big game like this on the Vita, so I'll be sticking with the PS3 version.
Sean

Post by Sean »

I imagine Criterion would implement some kind of benefit to having both versions. Would love to see them pull it off.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Seriously tempted to pick this up, as I love Criterion's work on the Burnout series. I'd likely pick up the 360 version if I do, as constant updates on PS3 can be a pain in the arse.
James

Post by James »

AndyKurosaki wrote:Seriously tempted to pick this up, as I love Criterion's work on the Burnout series. I'd likely pick up the 360 version if I do, as constant updates on PS3 can be a pain in the arse.
A not insignificant concern, but as I'm a PS+ subscriber it updates overnight so that's not a barrier for me. Ironically, the updates for Burnout: Paradise were one of the reasons the PS3 version was better than 360. :shock:
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Pre-ordered the 360 version, as updates on PS3 take a while for me, I can't leave it on overnight. And of course 360 has Party Chat.
Roll on November :D
mik

Post by mik »

Definitely want the Vita version. If there's a cross-buy promotion... all the better.
James

Post by James »

Karl's right, as always; the only downer on my Burnout: Paradise experience was not making time to play more online with friends. How can I say 'no' to more time spent with my fellow Cane And Rinse Syndicate members? I'll be getting the 360 version and maybe others too.

Feels good to right a wrong first thing in the morning. It sets the day up to be bright, sunny and filled with dead Skags! 8-)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Bursting at the seams to play this game. I've enjoyed all of Criterions output when it comes to AAA titles and cars. (not a fan of black) Gonna be getting this on PC but I hear the autolog wall is cross platform?
James

Post by James »

dezm0nd wrote:Gonna be getting this on PC but I hear the autolog wall is cross platform?
That'll be interesting for anyone with multiple copies. Would I appear twice as iwattfodiwwfa if I had 360 and Vita versions, or just the once since my PSN and XBL accounts would be tied to the same Autolog account? If once, then which versions stats are going to appear? It's so confusing!

Hopefully Criterion can clear this up once they announce more about the interconnectivity (PS3/Vita and all platforms through Autolog 2). :?
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

dezm0nd wrote:Bursting at the seams to play this game. I've enjoyed all of Criterions output when it comes to AAA titles and cars. (not a fan of black) Gonna be getting this on PC but I hear the autolog wall is cross platform?
How would that work. I assume its a lot of updating the website pointing to friends gamer tags on other formats (as how would it know where else to look?) so I know it won't be all automatic.

Will be a shame not to see you on Darren, I know how much you enjoyed Trackmania.
James

Post by James »

NokkonWud wrote:How would that work. I assume its a lot of updating the website pointing to friends gamer tags on other formats (as how would it know where else to look?) so I know it won't be all automatic.
Actually, I think Autolog ties to your EA account, so as long as you have your various gamer IDs linked to that it might work. Hope so, but I'm sceptical. :|
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

I will probably be going PC for this too. Though I might get it on Xbox as well if there are a lot of people playing it from the forum there.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

magicjoef wrote:I will probably be going PC for this too. Though I might get it on Xbox as well if there are a lot of people playing it from the forum there.
There will be. There's myself, W1DGET, James, and I'm sure Rare Defect, Leon and Tony will be getting it too.
Xantiriad

Post by Xantiriad »

PS3 for me unless MS dramatically fix their £30 a year advertising board
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

really tight for cash at the moment.
It is released just around my birthday though, so I might treat myself, tough call though, because Halo 4 is just a few days later and I'm getting that for sure.