Your first four PS2 games

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
rob25X

Re: Your first four PS2 games

Post by rob25X »

Suits wrote: March 5th, 2020, 5:55 pm
Flabyo wrote: March 5th, 2020, 5:13 pm Outside of Pc gaming, I wonder if the ps2 has the largest library of any console? Certainly one of the most diverse.
I’m fairly certain that during looking at library numbers in the past it had easily the largest console game number.

Considerably over 1000 titles, I’m pretty sure games were still being released on it up until 2012 In Japan !!

Maybe the Wii comes close off the top of my head.
It will probably shock you guys but there were over 4,000 games released for the PS2. 4,490 to be exact!

Good luck to anyone wanting to collect them all.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

rob25X wrote: March 5th, 2020, 8:50 pm
Flabyo wrote: March 5th, 2020, 5:13 pm Outside of Pc gaming, I wonder if the ps2 has the largest library of any console? Certainly one of the most diverse.
I’m fairly certain that during looking at library numbers in the past it had easily the largest console game number.

Considerably over 1000 titles, I’m pretty sure games were still being released on it up until 2012 In Japan !!

It will probably shock you guys but there were over 4,000 games released for the PS2. 4,490 to be exact!

Don’t say that in front of Nick! He’s just emptied his loft of GameCube games so there’s plenty of space for 4000 odd PS2 games!
rob25X

Post by rob25X »

Simonsloth wrote: March 5th, 2020, 9:45 pm
rob25X wrote: March 5th, 2020, 8:50 pm

Don’t say that in front of Nick! He’s just emptied his loft of GameCube games so there’s plenty of space for 4000 odd PS2 games!
I think a lot were Jap and other regions only. I don't think we saw more than 2,000 in Europe but I might be wrong. The last game released was FIFA 14 so it had a great life, 14 years or so. Hard to believe games were still coming out for it 8 years after the PS3!
Mr Ixolite

Post by Mr Ixolite »

To the best of my recollection, these were my first 4:

Tekken tag Tournament. Eventually traded it due to its lack of story mode, but regret it now, if nothing else for Tekken bowling.

Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex. I was mad into PS1 platformers, and wanted to keep the trend going. Got it the same Christmas as....

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor legacy. Same as above. Somehow I was savvy enough to know that the true Crash Bandicoot developers were behind this.

As for the fourth, its a toss up between Final Fantasy X and Klonoa 2.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Wow, this is a challenge. The first was SSX, and I didn’t get much on top of that for a while because cash was tight having just bought my first flat at almost the same time.

After that, it would have probably been Ridge Racer 5 or International Superstar Soccer, then Dynasty Warriors 2 maybe.

Thinking about it, this is the last console I bought for myself. Took a day off work, went to Lakeside Shopping Centre where I’d pre-ordered it and SSX somewhere after dropping my then-girlfriend, now-wife at Barking Underground Station to go to university, Anyway, ever since then she’s bought the GameCube, PS3, PS4 and Switch as presents for me!
Jon Cheetham

Post by Jon Cheetham »

Didn't have a PS2 (was mainly gaming on pc) so all my memories of the console were playing games with my brother, and there were some great times. The big highlights were Timesplitters (and at least one sequel), the first two Red Faction games, and taking turns with the Onimusha games and the first Devil May Cry (Capcom was killing it).
andthenweplay

Post by andthenweplay »

I will be honest. The only reason I ever bought a PS2 was for Final Fantasy X. I wouldn't get a new game for it until almost 3 or 4 years later.... which ironically was Final Fantasy XII
Suits

Post by Suits »

andthenweplay wrote: March 7th, 2020, 6:21 am I will be honest. The only reason I ever bought a PS2 was for Final Fantasy X. I wouldn't get a new game for it until almost 3 or 4 years later.... which ironically was Final Fantasy XII
During the PS2 years I was pretty much skating full time and messing about with girls.

Whilst I still had a PS2, it was for the annual Pro Evo releases with the occasional Vice City, Timesplitters, Gran Tourismo borrowed discs.
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec

Grand Theft Auto 3

Ico

Giants Citizen Kabuto

Not a bad start.
DeadpoolNegative

Post by DeadpoolNegative »

Grand Theft Auto III
Ephemeral Fantasia
Gadget Racers

Was quite a while before i got a fourth game.

--Dan