Vita game recommendations

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Angry_Kurt

Vita game recommendations

Post by Angry_Kurt »

I was currently in the process of looking for a Vita to buy after mine was stolen last year. So if anyone is selling there's or any games, please let me know.

The main point of this thread however was for me to ask for any lesser known game recommendations on the Vita/ I say lesser known because I feel as if I have played all the major games on there. I'm happy to play any genre other than lengthy JRPGs.

I'm particularly wondering if there were any good turn based combat games like Steamworld Heist on there?

And if you are happy to sell any games, I'm looking at all Vita games, including ones I've played before.

Thanks
Alex79

Re: Vita game recommendations

Post by Alex79 »

I think most, if not all, of these are available on other systems too, but some of my favorites I played on Vita:

Salt & Sanctuary
Guacamelee
Severed
The Swapper
Tearaway
Rayman Origins
MGS: Peacewalker (PSP)
Ys: The Oath In Felghana (more Zelda/God Of War than JRPG) (PSP)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PSP)
Limbo
X-Com
VVVVVV
Va11-Ha11a Cyberpunk Bartender something or other
Killzone Mercenary
The Wolf Among Us
The Walking Dead seasons 1 and 2
Wipeout 2048
Rogue Legacy
Shovel Knight
Hotline Miami 1 and 2
MGS HD Collection

Of those I'd single out The Swapper as the only perhaps lesser known one, it's an excellent puzzle game in which you have to create clones of yourself to solve puzzles and stuff. Really smart and a nice story too.
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

I've played most of those on Vita or elsewhere, including the excellent Swapper. I haven't played the XCOM though so that is a good shout, I was a little wary of it as I heard it wasn't a good port, would you say that's the case or is it fine?

Also, do the PSP classics on there have trophy support?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Angry_Kurt wrote: June 4th, 2020, 10:29 amAlso, do the PSP classics on there have trophy support?
No, 'fraid not.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

The PSP games don't have trophy support, no. As for Xcom, it's definitely got a few frame rate issues here and there, but I really enjoyed it on Vita and nothing that ever really spoiled the game for me. Reports vary though so I guess it's down to personal tolerance. I thought it was fine.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Oh another good one is the Abes Oddyssey remake. I never finished it as I encountered a bug but I don't think it was a common one.
NoMoreSpearows

Post by NoMoreSpearows »

My Vita is pretty much a rhythm game machine, but recommending a Project Diva title wouldn't be terribly appropriate if you're looking for something only available for this specific console. However, I am particularly fond of IA/VT Colorful, another Vocaloid-inspired title. The caveat is that you'd have to import it, but because the Vita isn't region-locked it's a small hurdle for a game in a genre that doesn't really ask too much of you if you can't read the language it's in.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Luftrausers was great, Velocity 2x.

I'd have a look but I've got mine set up as on a us psn account for Dino Crisis
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

These are all great shouts that I will look into, particularly XCOM if it runs fine as you say. I have played Velocity 2X before on Vita, as well as Velocity Ultra, two of my favourite games on the system. Abe's Odyessey is a game I've heard a lot about so will check that out, it seems as though a lot of Vita games are quite expensive.