Games you have spent the most time on 2020

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
andthenweplay

Games you have spent the most time on 2020

Post by andthenweplay »

I found myself this year playing games on repeat over playing new games probably due to my somewhat lack of funds this past year. What video games have you all spend the most time on this year?

For myself my most played game has been Gradius V with 178 hours showing on my in game timers. Still boot it up the odd night trying to perfect runs.

I have also spent a crazy amount of hours on Fire Emblem Three Houses as well. It is a pretty wonderful things having full sized and high budget RPG's on a handheld device. I have been able to see 2 endings and really experiences a lot of the side content due to the nature of it being on the Nintendo Switch. My Three Houses file currently shows 130 or more hours.
SludgeWizard

Re: Games you have spent the most time on 2020

Post by SludgeWizard »

Red Dead Online, easy. I love the world and I got hooked hard into the daily challenge streaks, and played it almost every day, if only for a few minutes (but often for more than an hour or two).
I only recently broke the streak, and I think it's a little strange but I don't miss it. Until they update it with literally anything new to do and I'll be back like a fly on poop.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Animal Crossing: New Horizons. 125 hours and rising daily.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Animal Crossing for me too. First one I've ever played and had lockdown not happened I doubt I would've got it. 80 hours for me I think and my island is still trash.

Final Fantasy VII remake would be second
andthenweplay

Post by andthenweplay »

ratsoalbion wrote: July 1st, 2020, 10:37 pm Animal Crossing: New Horizons. 125 hours and rising daily.
I tried to get into Animal Crossing, end of the day it just was for me. But it is really cool seeing what people can to in that game. I seen some people recreate the overworld from Zelda games and such
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Another one for Animal Crossing, almost by default, but I've not really touched it since the 'credits' rolled. I really enjoyed it for forty hours and the initial weeks of lockdown were much more manageable due to the shared AC experience online. Ultimately, I'm not really interested in creative games but there is something about it which simply feels satisfying and you do build a strange bond with the villagers. Part of the reason why I've not gone back is that I hope they live happily ever after and the thought of finding my beautiful 'natural' island deserted, abandoned and overgrown with weeds makes me feel sad. Whatever limitations the game might have to my tastes, that emotional attachment is something very rare.

FF7R is not far behind, and would have likely been my runaway GOTY if not for TLOU2. I fully expect the latter to overtake both of the above in playtime with a NG+ run, but I'm not quite ready for that intensity just yet. It is such an exhausting and tense experience. At this point, I actually feel like another run through the fantastical nostalgic beauty of the rotting pizza and the flowers blooming in the church. Both are incredible games, though, and I'll be interested to see how my feelings settle over the coming months.
Jon Cheetham

Post by Jon Cheetham »

Probably my ~65 hour Witcher 3 save file, which I have been extracting comfort and distraction from the way a lot of people seem to be playing Animal Crossing. Just opening it on Switch in bed most days and chipping away at story quests, playing Gwent or wandering around Novigrad. I like having an open world game like this on a portable system, in a funny way it's the perfect way to play these.

I have at least one more playthrough of TLOU2 in the near future, can't wait to play more of it actually, so that game will be up there as well I expect.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

165 hours in Animal Crossing, and then I've no idea how many, but a lot of hours in Days Gone (which I've almost finished, feel like I'm right on the last couple of missions now). I wish Days Gone had a game clock, because I'd love to know, but I've played it between 1 and 3 hours every day for the last month.
James

Post by James »

I've spent 75hrs or so playing, replaying, and Platinum Trophy-ing Final Fantasy VII Remake, not to mention dozens of hours watching videos and listening to podcasts about it. Most other years, that'd be handily at the top of my list, but not this year.

No surprises that Animal Crossing: New Horizons is my most-played game of 2020 so far. Although I haven't played it for a good few weeks now, I'm at an eye-watering 275 hours! :o
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Animal Crossing, closing in on 400 hours. Not sure what would come next, probably Streets or Rage 4, Bloodstained or Destruction Derby 2 at about 20 hours each.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

James wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 5:49 pm I've spent 75hrs or so playing, replaying, and Platinum Trophy-ing Final Fantasy VII Remake, not to mention dozens of hours watching videos and listening to podcasts about it. Most other years, that'd be handily at the top of my list, but not this year.

No surprises that Animal Crossing: New Horizons is my most-played game of 2020 so far. Although I haven't played it for a good few weeks now, I'm at an eye-watering 275 hours! :o
Be interested to hear some good ffvii podcasts, finally caught up elsewhere.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Almost certainly Apex Legends so far.
James

Post by James »

DomsBeard wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 9:11 pm Be interested to hear some good ffvii podcasts, finally caught up elsewhere.
Spoilercasts, found on the usual podcast apps, and linked directly:
Waypoint Radio
Triple Click
Not to mention, the Cane And Rinse spoiler-free discussion on our Patreon feed! (You'll need to sign in and back the Patreon to hear that one though.)

YouTube videos (also likely available as podcasts):
Kinda Funny review and spoilercast
MinnMax Deepest Dive (part 1 of 5!!)
Jim Sterling's Jimpressions

Also been really enjoying the Eurogamer Let's Play series, but that's obviously a HUGE undertaking that they're only about halfway through.

Hope that's what you're after, Rich! :D
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Dan Floyd has been doing a play through over on his YouTube channel play frame if you want one with a game animators Spin on it,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR5eWJT ... 2ktsRIJiZE
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Monster Hunter World, for sure. Didn't get into it much when it first hit PC but I've really dug into these past few months. I suppose Civ VI and Pac-Man Championship DX are the only runner ups.