Nvidia Shield/GeForce Now

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Angry_Kurt

Nvidia Shield/GeForce Now

Post by Angry_Kurt »

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with GeForce Now and the Nvidia Shield 4K streaming device in particular?

A very kind friend in the industry was having a clear out and generously gave me his for free. It's a multimedia streaming device which can stream in 4K. In the context of games, it means you can stream games onto your TV using the Nvidia GeForce Now service of which there is a free version which limits playtime to 1 hour and the premium version at £4.99 allows unlimited session length and ray tracing enabled.

I know a lot of publishers earlier this year prevented their games being on the service, but there are still quite a few Steam games I own that are playable on the service.

Has anyone used it, either the free version or premium?
DomsBeard

Re: Nvidia Shield/GeForce Now

Post by DomsBeard »

I used a free trial of premium back in February as I wanted to play Disco Elysium and it was not on Mac at that point so I had the app on there. Ran well enough but when it finally came out on Mac that was far superior.
raisinbman

Re: Nvidia Shield/GeForce Now

Post by raisinbman »

Gaming pundits took to it much more warmly than, say, Stadia. Though as you already mentioned they got into a bit of legal trouble.