PES 2013

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Buckled Kipper

PES 2013

Post by Buckled Kipper »

Anyone else playing this? You should cus its bloody great. Like most I was PES mad back in the day but had long since moved over to Fifa. Yet for some reason Fifa just hasn't appealed to me this year and I really fancied a change so figured I'd give PES another go, and I'm so glad I did. It really feels like the old PES we all knew and loved, cant quite put my finger on it but they've just got it right. It also feels a lot slower paced than Fifa which suits me just fine and allows for a more tactical play.

The only down side is that I cant play Leeds, but this also makes for a nice change as I'm currently trying to guide Lyon to Master League glory.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: PES 2013

Post by ratsoalbion »

Massive ISS/PES/WE fan from '95 until PES 2008/FIFA 09 here.

I've played PES the demos again this year and it seemed fine, but FIFA 12 is staggeringly good and as such I have a copy of FIFA 13 awaiting for me at home. However if I had infinite time and money I'd play both - FIFA on 360 & PES on PS3.

Long may both games be strong because competition can only be a good thing.
HoraceGoesSkiing

Post by HoraceGoesSkiing »

I thought both Pro Evo demos were very good and I was intending to switch back to Pro Evo, as I found FIFA 12 to be grinding, mechanical and soulless, particularly against the CPU.

However, my plan is to go with FIFA 13 (which'll hold its value better than Pro Evo) and if/when I can no longer bear it I'll switch over.

Played on FIFA last night and it certainly feels like an improvement on 12, much less grinding and mechanical. The first touch thing makes a genuine difference and everything feels more fluid and random. I played a couple of 2v2 matches with Danofranko (whom some of you may remember from the GD FIFA League!) and we had great fun.

As Leon said, both games being good is a great thing. It's also the first time (in my opinion) that both have been really good, so it'll be interesting to see how it develops.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

It's weird as my two passions in life are football and videogames but playing FIFA/Pro bores me immensely. With mates and beer there's nothing better but solo? No. All I hear online via my brother in law is rage quits all the time. But each to their own! :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Unlike Horace I find FIFA 12 to be the most organic, dynamic and convincing soccer sim at least since Winning Eleven 7 International, possibly ever - especially since I tweaked the slider settings. I hope that FIFA 13 does offer genuine improvements. I love authentic broken play but if you want "randomness" then I reckon PES 13 is the one to plump for.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

DomsBeard wrote:It's weird as my two passions in life are football and videogames but playing FIFA/Pro bores me immensely. With mates and beer there's nothing better but solo? No. All I hear online via my brother in law is rage quits all the time. But each to their own! :)
Local multiplayer is the best of course, but Master League (PES) and Career (FIFA) are incredible single player games. Then you have 1 v 1 online, Ultimate Team, and up to XI vs XI online too, which is phenomenal fun.

If I were only allowed to play one game from now until my death it would probably be a football game.
HoraceGoesSkiing

ratsoalbion wrote:especially since I tweaked the slider settings.
I never tweaked the settings, maybe that would've helped. Could you decrease CPU pressure? I found that every team applied unbearable pressure whenever I played against them...
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

I do love Fifa 12 as well, just feel like a bit of a break from it. Think ill stick with PES for a few months then maybe get Fifa 13 on my Vita.

So good to have PES back.
steg666

Post by steg666 »

Like most I'd love to see Pro Evo return to former glories. I feel bad for not even trying the demo yet but I will get round to it as the general opinion is that it's well worth ago.

I don't subscribe to the opinion the Pro Evo suddenly became shit and some people like to pedal. FIFA just made huge improvements around '09' and stormed it since.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Horace I'll post my recommended FIFA settings in a dedicated thread when I return home!
HoraceGoesSkiing

ratsoalbion wrote:Horace I'll post my recommended FIFA settings in a dedicated thread when I return home!
That'd be cool, thanks!