PS1 games and exclusives leaving PSN - Grab them while you can!

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Magical_Isopod

Re: PS1 games and exclusives leaving PSN - Grab them while you can!

Post by Magical_Isopod »

Sinclair Gregstrum wrote: April 19th, 2021, 9:19 am
Magical_Isopod wrote: April 16th, 2021, 12:20 am You can get some amazing games on different regional stores too, FYI. Like you can get Einhander - which doesn't really have much English to begin with, I mean, all the bosses speak German - on the Japanese PSN store... for decidedly less than $150.

It's one of my Top 10 Games, period. And my favourite SHMUP. Even Leon thinks it's cool.
I've looked into this before and apparently the only way you can access different region stores on Vita is to either accept the fact that every time you want to switch your region profile you have to wipe your memory card, or you need a different card for each region you want to access.

Definitely not going down the wiping route, and I only have one 16gb Vita card at the moment and not massively keen to pick up a second just for a few extra games from other regions (although I am very tempted!).
It's a good thing you can also get it on PS3 then!
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Party on Vita Island and everyone's invited! Whoop whoop!
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

So someone clever has made a firefox plugin which accesses the legacy store and has loads of games which have been removed previously. I just bought a few PsOne classics and PSP games through this on the EU store.

Its been going around Twitter so I suspect many of you know about it but still its cool to see.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefo ... -ps-store/
Pigeon

Post by Pigeon »

JadePhoenix wrote: April 19th, 2021, 6:48 pm Crisis averted:
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/19 ... perations/

The PSP store is still going away, but they're keeping the PS3 and Vita stores online.
This may be a silly question, but does this mean that PSP games on the Vita store will still be available there? Or will those be gone?
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

They will still be there I believe
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah I'd have thought Kurt is right, because the old PSP store had way more games available for it than are available on the Vita store.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Simonsloth wrote: April 25th, 2021, 6:07 pm So someone clever has made a firefox plugin which accesses the legacy store and has loads of games which have been removed previously. I just bought a few PsOne classics and PSP games through this on the EU store.

Its been going around Twitter so I suspect many of you know about it but still its cool to see.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefo ... -ps-store/
This is great! My wishlist is still up there! Thanks for sharing!