Golden Axe (Or Golden Ayxe in The Netherlands)

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
OneCreditBen

Golden Axe (Or Golden Ayxe in The Netherlands)

Post by OneCreditBen »

Wanted to try and get a big Golden Axe challenge done, it's such a massive part of me playing videogames.

So I decided to do All Characters/Hardest Difficulty/No Health Lost on the Japanese Rom.

It was so much fun to put together, and nice to change the format a bit, and do give this classic game a proper achievement run tribute.

The C&R Golden Axe Episode is still one of my favourite podcasts to listen back to!
Sinclair Gregstrum

Re: Golden Axe (Or Golden Ayxe in The Netherlands)

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Ben you are offensively good at video games.

Stop it. You're making me feel bad.

(this is awesome)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Sinclair Gregstrum wrote: April 28th, 2021, 2:58 pm Ben you are offensively good at video games.

Stop it. You're making me feel bad.

(this is awesome)
And he's always like, "Anyone can do this if they commit to it." And I'm like, "Nah, mate".
:D
OneCreditBen

Post by OneCreditBen »

I could teach anyone on this forum. If I had a few hours with them on a 1-1 basis, how to beat Golden Axe without dying. Trust me. We can all get these clears. Thanks for checking this out my friends. I'm very happy with it. No expense spared with the coloured lighting when I changed characters haha!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Showbiz.
OneCreditBen

Post by OneCreditBen »

ratsoalbion wrote: April 28th, 2021, 5:22 pmShowbiz.
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

OneCreditBen wrote: April 28th, 2021, 4:41 pm I could teach anyone on this forum. If I had a few hours with them on a 1-1 basis, how to beat Golden Axe without dying. Trust me. We can all get these clears. Thanks for checking this out my friends. I'm very happy with it. No expense spared with the coloured lighting when I changed characters haha!
Sounds like a business model!

BTWFYI it's only called Golden Ayxe in certain parts of Rotterdam. :lol:
OneCreditBen

Post by OneCreditBen »

Michiel K wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 9:00 am
OneCreditBen wrote: April 28th, 2021, 4:41 pm I could teach anyone on this forum. If I had a few hours with them on a 1-1 basis, how to beat Golden Axe without dying. Trust me. We can all get these clears. Thanks for checking this out my friends. I'm very happy with it. No expense spared with the coloured lighting when I changed characters haha!
Sounds like a business model!

BTWFYI it's only called Golden Ayxe in certain parts of Rotterdam. :lol:
Seph

Post by Seph »

I watched this not long after it was uploaded as I knew it was something I couldn't miss out on. Amazing work, as always. I like how even though the video title outright says it was completed, I was still tensing up at moments, especially with the skeleton fights.

It's strange how memory plays tricks on you, as when I was younger it felt like this game took more than an hour to finish. Maybe it did for me because I was never this good...
OneCreditBen

Post by OneCreditBen »

Seph wrote: May 20th, 2021, 5:20 pm I watched this not long after it was uploaded as I knew it was something I couldn't miss out on. Amazing work, as always. I like how even though the video title outright says it was completed, I was still tensing up at moments during, especially with the skeleton fights.

It's strange how memory plays tricks on you, as when I was younger it felt like this game took more than an hour to finish. Maybe it did for me because I was never this good...
Thank you so much! It was so much fun to put this run together, and the crazy thing is, the bits in front of camera where I talk about the game and the challenge took a few takes to get right.

The actual take of playing the three games back to back to back I managed to get in one go. Quite a few close moments, but yeah, it was all one take. I went to arcade club yesterday and played Golden Axe on a cabinet. Still magic to get those clears.
OneCreditBen

Post by OneCreditBen »

Got it live.
Was amazing.
I didn't get R-Type though, died a few times on Level 7.
Getting a live R-Type clear on the original hardware has to be the next challenge.
OneCreditBen

Post by OneCreditBen »

Put this clear out today.

Hardest Difficulty Full Clear without getting hit.

Lots of fun this one, and Golden Ayxe continues to be a live favourite!