2 Switches, 1 game library?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

2 Switches, 1 game library?

Post by Alex79 »

We bought my kids a Switch for Christmas, but they still keep wanting to play on mine because that's where all the downloaded games are, mainly Animal Crossing and, bizarrely, Sunset Riders.

I assumed I could share games between consoles, so signed in to their Switch and downloaded Animal Crossing, Sunset Riders and Sonic 2. Loaded them up with my profile, all good so far.

Except when I try to start the games with their own profiles it says this user is not allowed to play this software. However, on my own console, they can use their profiles to play the games, just doesn't work on theirs.

Any ideas? Is it just not possible? I'm sure I've heard people do it before, but I can't work it out.

Could the fact they just have offline profiles be the difference? They just have regular offline console profiles on their console (and mine), not registered to an email address or able to access the store or anything like that.

Alex79

Re: 2 Switches, 1 game library?

Post by Alex79 »

Hmm this sucks. Seems the only way I can do it is make their Switch MY primary one, so they can then use their own accounts on my copy of Animal Crossing. But then I'm restricted on my own Switch and can't play outside of the house, nor will they then be able to use their profiles to play any of my games on my Switch. There should at least be proper family sharing of digital games I think.