Forza Horizon

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
magicjoef

Re: Forza Horizon

Post by magicjoef »

I don't have this game, but how are you organising game nights? I just wondered if there is somewhere I need to keep an eye out for events...
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

magicjoef wrote:I don't have this game, but how are you organising game nights? I just wondered if there is somewhere I need to keep an eye out for events...
We'll always try and round players up either from friends lists or, more likely, on Twitter, especially when things are pretty spontaneous.
W1DGET

Post by W1DGET »

Cruising in my DB5 :-)
delb2k

Post by delb2k »

Having now spent a good number of hours on this I am 99% sure this will be my driving game of the year. Because it is the driving that I enjoy the most. The racing is all fun, the point to points good and the skills fun to play about with but just driving a car around this world is so much fun. I could happily do that with one of the radio stations on and be satisfied, despite the aimless nature of it.

Everything feels spot on, the only irritation is the menu hopping to and from destinations but I hope that is sorted out for the sequel. Really really like this, everything feels, well, right.
W1DGET

Post by W1DGET »

I love messing around in photo mode, I could spend hours taking photos. Anyway here is Herbie watching the Sunset. :-D
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

That's such a good shot. I need to take more photos!
FlyingMuttley

Post by FlyingMuttley »

I'm going to have to give the multiplayer a proper go over the weekend I think.
W1DGET

Post by W1DGET »

This is such a good game, I think it encapsulates what is great about driving. I think I enjoy cruising around, music playing, enjoying the scenery and gorgeous sunrises and sunsets more than actually doing the races. Must be my driving game of the year and could be my GOTY although Halo 4 may have something to say about that.
Xantiriad

Post by Xantiriad »

@Widget Ditto!...apart from the Halo 4 bit ;)
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Given there were so many doubts surrounding it its great to see that it's gone down well. It's surpassed my expectations because it doesn't rely on just events to be good, as with Driver: San Francisco two years ago, it has a trick up its sleeve in that it offers something else great. With that it was story, with this it's the thrill of driving with all the bells and whistles that Forza games offer.