Game Maker Studio

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
SpoonSix

Game Maker Studio

Post by SpoonSix »

Hi all,

I see Hotline Miami, created with Game Maker Studio has been released and was wondering if any of you had played around with GMS.

I have been playing around a little with the free version and having some fun :D
Trophy

Re: Game Maker Studio

Post by Trophy »

Yeah I've messed around with it back in 06-09 I have alot of quick games made out of it. If you interested I can give more than enough help on the topic (codin wise).
I got the newest verion booted up now , it's like going back home.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

The thing that annoys me about Game Maker is the automatic association with it and terrible games that clog the system. People who want to start making games get Game Maker, follow one tutorial, make a dinky little platformer or RPG or something and become another little piece of noise to drown out the signal. Annoys me even more that the same thing is happening more and more with Unity; when someone describes a game made by either of these, it will always be said in such a patronising way, "Oh, it's made with Game Maker, so, y'know," or, "Well, you know, it's a Unity game, so…" with such blatant subtext of "You don't have to spend any time thinking about this game because it's automatically not good enough for you," that it spills right over into the main text.
Trophy

Post by Trophy »

Yeah thats why I stoped posting on yoyogames and never messed with unity, it makes you feel bad about what your making. There are way to many "me too games" rip off un original crap games that clog the filter. That's why when I make games I keep my head down, and make what seems fun/original to me, don't let people keep you from making something cool.
Torque is actually a great cheap alternitive too, it's come a long way.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I used to love playing around with Graphic Adventure Creator on the Amstrad - anyone remember that? I'd sit for hours and hours making playable recreations of my house, or my school or the woods or something. I don't think I ever managed to make any puzzles though haha.