Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight 2012

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
JaySevenZero
Admin

Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight 2012

Post by JaySevenZero »

I so like the way that DoubleFine are operating these days

Taken from their YouTube channel:
Head over to http://www.humblebundle.com/double-fine to purchase the BRAZEN prototype and vote on which prototypes Double Fine works on next, and watch the whole process unfold!
Baron Phil

Re: Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight 2012

Post by Baron Phil »

Some of the game ideas sound incredible, I've put my vote down for Kaiju Piledriver.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I love the way Double Fine do their thing, but I've never really been that interested in their work personally. The only game of their's I've ever bought was Brutal Legend, and I got stung bad by that. There's loads of really cool ideas in this list though.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

You've only played probably Schafer and crew's worst game though. Check out Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Iron Brigade, Stacking, Costume Quest... all excellent!
countstex

Post by countstex »

I jumped in a few days ago and voted for my 4 favourites. I haven't not enjoyed a single one of their games yet.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

ratsoalbion wrote:You've only played probably Schafer and crew's worst game though. Check out Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Iron Brigade, Stacking, Costume Quest... all excellent!
And just about all of them are on Steam, with a bundle either in the current sale or very likely to come up in the Christmas sale.
strickenmcq

Post by strickenmcq »

Roy42 wrote:
ratsoalbion wrote:You've only played probably Schafer and crew's worst game though. Check out Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Iron Brigade, Stacking, Costume Quest... all excellent!
And just about all of them are on Steam, with a bundle either in the current sale or very likely to come up in the Christmas sale.
Double Fine bundle in Steam sale £14.99 http://store.steampowered.com/search/?s ... ouble+fine
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

That's definitely the case in regards to its gameplay, but the dialogue, voice acting and characters of Brutal Legend are still some of my favourites and made it a worthwhile playthrough - also it had an excellent intro and menu screen for that game too.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

The only one I think I would have any significant interest in would be Psychonauts, but I haven't really seen anything about it that makes it look as good as everyone says it is. I played the demo for Costume Quest and I wasn't particularly impressed. Stacking looks kind of interesting, but I'm still apprehensive. Don't really know anything about Iron Brigade though. It's a mech game isn't it? Never played anything of that genre outside of Lost Planet, if that counts, but I'd give another a go. Grim Fandango doesn't look like my kind of thing though. Not in to adventure games like that.

Also PC versions aren't really an option for me. I have a laptop that should be able to run most stuff, but it's a complete gamble if it actually will. It'll run Portal 2 well and Deus Ex: HR to a reasonable level, but it craps its pants when I try to run something like Tiny and Big or E.Y.E. Most of the games I've bought for it don't work, so I've given up on it.
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

Stacking is one of my favourite games. :)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

So after what felt like forever, it seems that Double Fine Adventure aka Broken Age is out this month! Part One, at least.

Anyone else backed this? Or if you didn't, will you be picking it up? :)
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Well I backed it so I'll be playing it despite being terrible at adventure games XD,I really hope they get enough money to make a part 2.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Pretty sure I backed this..?
Leg of Time

Post by Leg of Time »

I backed BA, can't wait for part 1. All the behind the scenes stuff from the documentary has made me very interested to play!
InsrtCoins

Post by InsrtCoins »

I'm a backer. I wish I backed at the level that got the t-shirt, though. Those are serious status symbols at PAX :P
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Just a reminder that part 1 of Broken Age comes out tomorrow for backers!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

It's Tuesday! Where's my Broken Age! Oh, wait, timezones. Boooooo!!
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Broken Age downloading as I type =D
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

embargo THIS: Double Fine Adventure. 5/10
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »