Ni no Kuni

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
The Sonic Mole

Ni no Kuni

Post by The Sonic Mole »

Is anyone else interested in this, Level-5's collaboration with Studio Ghibli.

For me this is the first must-buy of 2013. I can not wait.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Post by ratsoalbion »

In short: yes!
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Had mine preordered for quite some time! Really looking forward to it.
Jerome McI

Post by Jerome McI »

Much like Nokkon I've had the wizard edition pre-ordered since it was announced. I can't wait to play it.
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

It's very much on my "must buy" list - love Studio Ghibli and have really enjoyed some of Level 5's work in the past, especially Dragon Quest 8. Should hopefully provide a good change of pace in amongst all the fast-paced action titles coming out in the first quarter too.

I'm ridiculously pumped for next year :mrgreen:
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

This above any other game coming in 2013 for me. Can't wait.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Does anyone want to find me a PS3? :p
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

As brilliant as this looks, i'll probably rent rather than buy this. As I seem to have lost my knack for JRPG's, I've tried a few this gen and utterly failed to connect with them.
The Sonic Mole

Post by The Sonic Mole »

Jerome McI wrote:Much like Nokkon I've had the wizard edition pre-ordered since it was announced. I can't wait to play it.
I've pre-ordered this too. I rarely go in for SEs but this one looks lovely.

Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

yes. very much looking forward to this, haven't got lost in a JRPG since Lost Odyssey 3 or 4 years ago! Love Studio Ghibli's work so this is a no brainer :)
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Dante Fireseed wrote:yes. very much looking forward to this, haven't got lost in a JRPG since Lost Odyssey 3 or 4 years ago! Love Studio Ghibli's work so this is a no brainer :)
Currently playing through Lost Odyssey now (21.5 hours in - Disc 2) and it's such a wonderful game, I'm loving the characters and the dream stories are worth playing the game for alone, they're marvellous.

I can't wait for Ni No Kuni though, this is my birthday game (7th Jannuary) and I hope to be able to put many hours in over that weekend. I too, like many here, have ordered the Wizards edition, I normally order SE's anyway, but this one looks particularly stellar I must say.
The Sonic Mole

Post by The Sonic Mole »

NokkonWud wrote:
Dante Fireseed wrote:yes. very much looking forward to this, haven't got lost in a JRPG since Lost Odyssey 3 or 4 years ago! Love Studio Ghibli's work so this is a no brainer :)
Currently playing through Lost Odyssey now (21.5 hours in - Disc 2) and it's such a wonderful game, I'm loving the characters and the dream stories are worth playing the game for alone, they're marvellous.

I can't wait for Ni No Kuni though, this is my birthday game (7th Jannuary) and I hope to be able to put many hours in over that weekend. I too, like many here, have ordered the Wizards edition, I normally order SE's anyway, but this one looks particularly stellar I must say.
Lost Odyssey is wonderful. Detractors call it old-fashioned but I found the mature story telling refreshing.
Haly

Post by Haly »

Can't wait :D My most anticipated game of 2013!

Also pre-ordered the SE despite not usually going for them :) Can't resist a great JRPG.
TomFum

Post by TomFum »

Whens this out???

I know im gonna loose my PS3 when its out as my mum is desperate to play this game.
The Sonic Mole

Post by The Sonic Mole »

TomFum wrote:Whens this out???

I know im gonna lose my PS3 when its out as my mum is desperate to play this game.
25th January 2013, champ. :)
LaikaMuttnik

Post by LaikaMuttnik »

I was lucky enough to get the Japan-only DS version of this game - "Ni no Kuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi (Ni no Kuni: The Jet-Black Mage)" - when I was over there last year. Although it rather seemed to have targeted for kids and that the story felt too rushed towards the end, I did enjoy it overall; loved the lovely animation, the beautiful magic book, using those magic spells, etc - spent well over 100 hours (I don't know exactly, as it stops counting after 99 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds), and there's still plenty to play with after clearing the story.
The PS3 version's trailer looks great and more sophisticated; I would love to play it too.

When I was playing the DS one, by the way, I named a few of the imargens (fairy-like creatures) in my team after fellow Caners & Rinsers - Jay, Fum, and Leon! :) When I get to play the PS3 one, I shall name more of them after you guys ;)

I wasn't fond of some of the Japanese voice cast though (a few of them not capable of voice-acting), so I rather look forward to the English voices for the PS3 one, and this trailer is looking and sounding pretty convincing :D

JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I have to add that the book that accompanies the DS version and comes with the PS3 Wizard Edition really is a piece of art. Whether it's worth the additional £30/40 is another matter though, since it's clearly not essential to play the game.

Image Image

Xantiriad

Post by Xantiriad »

Can't wait for it to come out in Jan. I played it at GamesCom and liked what a saw; it's beautiful.
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

I'm definitely getting this day one and I've been debating whether i should splash out on the SE.

It comes with a couple of DLC monsters and a plush toy that I'm not really bothered about, but the book looks amazing.

I just don't think i can really justify paying the extra £30 just for that.
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

I'm not one for special editions, but if they release something as nice as that I may well be tempted.