Games Completed 2013

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
James

Re: Games completed 2013

Post by James »

Spoiler: show
* denotes multiple playthroughs (NG+, alternative difficulties, alternative endings, co-op, etc.)
01/01 - Dishonored [sic] (PC)
02/01 - Frog Fractions (Browser)
02/01 - Grindstar (Browser)
02/01 - Hug Marine (Browser)
03/01 - Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
03/01 - Thirty Flights Of Loving (PC)
03/01 - Gravity Bone (PC)
04/01 - Hundreds (iOS)
05/01 - 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (DS)*
19/01 - Spec Ops: The Line (PC)
19/01 - The Binding Of Isaac (PC)
21/01 - 10000000 (iOS)
27/01 - DmC (PC)
27/01 - Life Of Pixel (PSM/Vita)
04/02 - Proteus (PC)
04/02 - McPixel (Android)
10/02 - Bientôt l’été (PC)
12/02 - Antichamber (PC)
22/02 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
24/02 - BioShock (PC)
26/02 - BioShock 2 (PC)
27/02 - BioShock 2: Minerva's Den (PC)
04/03 - Demon's Souls (PS3)
09/04 - Dark Souls (PC)****
09/04 - Thomas Was Alone (PC)
16/04 - BioShock Infinite (PC)
20/04 - Guacamelee! (Vita)
27/04 - Super Mario Bros. (SNES)
27/04 - Street Fighter II (1-player mode) (SNES)
28/04 - Super Mario Land (3DS VC)
01/05 - Professor Layton And The Miracle Mask (3DS)
06/05 - Espgaluda II (Tateha) (Android)
07/05 - Espgaluda II (Ageha) (iOS)
09/05 - Sine Mora (Vita)
12/05 - Tomb Raider (2013) (PC)
12/05 - Mushihime-sama (iOS)
13/05 - The Room (Android)
17/05 - The Path (PC)
19/05 - Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC)
20/05 - Injustice: Gods Among Us (iOS)
30/05 - Candy Box (Browser)
07/06 - Rush Bros (PC)
19/06 - FEZ (PC)
24/06 - Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC)
25/07 - El Shaddai: Ascension Of The Metatron (360)
04/08 - Tribloos 2 (Android)
10/08 - StarWing (SNES)
10/08 - Super James Pond (SNES)
13/08 - Star Fox 64 3D (3DS)
18/08 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (PC)
21/08 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PC)
24/08 - The Unfinished Swan (PS3)
26/08 - Gone Home
30/08 - Fahrenheit (PS2)
05/09 - Coil (PC)
05/09 - Super Meat Boy (PC)
08/09 - Rogue Legacy (PC)
08/09 - Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons (PC)
16/09 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PC)
12/10 - Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
13/10 - eXceed: Gun Bullet Children (PC)
19/10 - Grabbed By The Ghoulies (360 b/c)
26/10 - Pikmin 3 (Wii U)
26/10 - The Stanley Parable & Demo (PC)
03/11 - Luxuria Superbia (Android)
06/11 - Batman: Arkham City (PC)
07/11 - 140 (PC)
07/11 - Batman: Arkham City - Harley's Revenge DLC (PC)
08/11 - To The Moon (PC)
12/11 - Batman: Arkham Origins (PC)
25/11 - Proteus (Vita)
26/11 - The Last Of Us (PS3)
30/11 - Mark Of The Ninja (PC)
03/12 - God Hand (PS3)
08/12 - Batman: Arkham Origins - Blackgate (Vita)
08/12 - Tearaway (Vita)
09/12 - Super Mario Bros. (SNES via Super Mario All-Stars)
10/12 - Super Mario Bros. 2 (SNES via Super Mario All-Stars)
15/12 - Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
16/12 - Papers, Please (PC)
18/12 - Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger (PC)

I'm blitzing my way through some 'catch-up' games from 2013. This one (Gunslinger) was a really pleasant surprise; an overwhelmingly fun, beautiful and modern version of an on-rails arcade shooter. Highly recommended, especially if it pops up in the imminent Steam sale. :D

Running total = 86
The running total includes all playthroughs (NG+, alternative difficulties, alternative endings, co-op, etc.), but the list is spared them to keep it shorter.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

1(Jan) Resident Evil 6 - PS3
2(Jan) Darksiders. - PS3
3(Jan) Battlefield Bad Company(hardcore). - PS3
4(Feb) Mirrors Edge. - PS3
5(Feb) God of War 2. - PS3
6(Feb) Wolfenstein. - 360
7(Mar) House of the Dead 4. - PSN
8(Mar) Rage + Scorcher DLC. - PS3
9(Mar) God of War:Ghost of Sparta. - PSN
10(Apr) Uncharted 3:Drakes Deception(platinum). - PS3
11(Apr) Infamous. - PS3
12(Apr) Infamous 2:Festival of Blood. - PSN
13(Apr) Vanquish. - 360
14(Apr) God of War:Chains of Olympus. - PSN
15(Apr) Gears of War 3. - 360
16(Apr) Tomb Raider(2013). - PS3
17(Apr) Hydrophobia Prophecy. - PSN
18(Apr) Starhawk. - PSN
19(Apr) Costume Quest. - PSN
20(Apr) Bioshock Infinite. - PS3
21(May) Far Cry 3:Blood Dragon. - PSN
22(May) Farming Simulator 2012. - VITA
23(May) Dead Nation. - PSN
24(May) Far Cry 3(platinum). - PS3
25(May) Red Faction Armageddon. - PS3
26(May) Deadlight. - XBLA
27(May) Call of Juarez:Gunslinger. - PSN
28(June) Crysis. - PSN
29(June) Shank 2. - PSN
30(June) Thomas Was Alone. - VITA
31(June) Halo:Reach. - 360
32(June) The Last of Us. - PS3
33(June) Medal of Honor:Warfighter. - PS3
34(July) Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. - PS3
35(July) Max Payne 3. - PS3
36(July) Uncharted:Golden Abyss. - VITA
37(July) The Walking Dead:400 Days. - PSN
38(July) Alien Breed. - VITA
39(Aug) Assassins Creed:Brotherhood. - PS3
40(Aug) Urban Trial Freestyle. - VITA
41(Aug) Assassins Creed:Revelations. - PS3
42(Aug) Saints Row IV. - PS3
43(Sept) Hotline Miami. - VITA
44(Sept) Sly Cooper(platinum). - PSN
45(Oct) Gravity Rush. - VITA
46(Oct) Tales from Space:Mutant Blobs Attack. - VITA
47(Oct) Grand Theft Auto V. - PS3
48(Oct) The Unfinished Swan. - PSN
49(Oct) Jak & Daxter:The Precursor Legacy. - PS3
50(Oct) Bodycount. - PS3
51(Oct) Motorstorm RC. - VITA
52(Oct) Call of Juarez:Bound in Blood. - PSN
53(Nov) Battlefield 4(hardcore). - PS3
54(Nov) Ace Combat:Assault Horizon. - PSN
55(Nov) Dead to Rights:Retribution. - PS3
56(Nov) Aliens:Colonial Marines(Ultimate Badass difficulty). - PS3
57(Nov) Star Wars:The Force Unleashed. - PS3
58(Dec) Dead Rising 2:Off the Record. - PSN
59(Dec) Saints Row:The Third(platinum) + all DLC. - PS3
60(Dec) Call of Duty:Black Ops 2(Veteran difficulty). - PS3
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Lost Planet 3-PS3
Battlefield 4-PS4
Call Of Duty: Ghosts-PS4
Resogun-PS4 (Rookie)
Call Of Duty: Ghosts-PS3
Batman: Arkham Origins-PS3
Battlefield 4-PS3
The Walking Dead: 400 Days-Vita
The Walking Dead: Series 1-Vita
Dragon's Crown-PS3
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge-PS3
The Bureau: X-Com Declassified-PS3
Grand Theft Auto V-PS3
Rayman Legends-PS3
Saints Row IV-PS3
DuckTales Remastered-PSN
Star Trek-PS3
One Piece: Pirate Warriors-PS3
Flying Hamster HD-Vita
Deadpool-PS3
The Last Of Us-PS3
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara-PSN
Dungeons & Dragons: Tower Of Doom-PSN
Injustice: Gods Among Us-PS3
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale-PS3
Metal Gear Rising: Revengance-PS3
Bioshock Infinite-PS3
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2-PS3
Gears Of War: Judgment-360
Dead Space 3-PS3
Streets Of Rage 3: SVC-360
Streets Of Rage 2: SVC-360
Tomb Raider-360
Streets Of Rage: SVC-360
Aliens Colonial Marines-360
Jetpack Joyride-PSN
DMC Devil May Cry-PS3
Sine Mora- Live Arcade
Shank 2: PSN
Skylanders Giants-PS3
[/quote][/quote][/quote]
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Tomb Raider(PC)- Well that dragged by the end still it's a pretty fun game the gameplay really is an improvement on uncharted in almost every single way the arkham asylum structure was a really good addition as well and the levels were very well designed I think,that said I still feel that this game could have been so much more than what it is first off why does the needs a crappy leveling system?Why not replace it with a survival system I mean that's the whole theme of the game right so why not put it in the game?This could've been the sucessor to the MGS3 survival system only now I could have much more stuff, but instead we have this leveling system that doesnt ruin the game but it's just so boring.

The story was a bit of a mess too and I kinda wished they just took off all of the supporting cast and focused entirely on her trying to get off the island,you could still have the main plot and everything if you really wanted and would just have to make a few ajustments,also I would much prefer to fight the enemies of the last part of the game through most of the game instead of the endless hordes of shipwrecked people.

So yeah it's a good game for me not great unfortunally.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

I'm usually someone who struggles with any game that drags, it makes me incredibly mad, but I can honestly say I never felt that way once about Tomb Raider. In fact I'm almost certainly getting the definitive edition too.

Seen a few people saying it dragged lately is all.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Hundreds
Mark of the Ninja
Antichamber
Castle Crashers
Mega Man 9
Bit. Trip Presents… Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
ViViD
007: Everything or Nothing
English Country Tune
Element4l
Thomas Was Alone
Kingdom Rush: Frontiers
Pa Rappa The Rapper
Beat Sneak Bandit
Rockman 5
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
Badland
Shelter
Ultratron
Hotline Miami
Pikmin 3
Digital: A Love Story
Electronic Super Joy
Duet
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (100%)
The Stanley Parable (kinda?)
Save The Date!
Year Walk
DEVICE 6
Super Mario 3D World (Mario)
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
The Swapper
Colossatron: Massive World Threat

Elevator pitch: You're a giant robot alien snake composed of segmented weapons that get more powerful when you match three of them and you have to cause as much destruction as possible while an army general is screaming orders for his troops to attack you. Also the whole thing is being broadcast live on TV by two news reporters who sound like they really want you to succeed more than anything else.

Now that I've thoroughly captivated you with my amazing elevator pitch, go play Colossatron.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Hundreds
Mark of the Ninja
Antichamber
Castle Crashers
Mega Man 9
ViViD
English Country Tune
Element4l
Thomas Was Alone
Pa Rappa The Rapper
Beat Sneak Bandit
Rockman 5
Badland
Shelter
Ultratron
Hotline Miami
Pikmin 3
Electronic Super Joy
Duet
Save The Date!
Year Walk
DEVICE 6
The Swapper
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine - The Locksmith's Story (Multiplayer)
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine - Origins (Single Player)

Monaco is something of a sleeper hit. Fluid and fun core mechanics, an engaging, multi-layered story, a unique visual aesthetic, equally strong single and multiplayer modes, a boatload of content that gets deceptively brutal before you even get to the user-made content, and a fantastic soundtrack by Austin Wintory, whose name may ring a bell for some of you…

Yet it seemed to come and go without having much staying power. It had its moment in the spotlight when it was released and it was reviewed well, yet, ironically, the stealth game avoided detection, despite being one of the best games of the year.

At time of writing, Monaco is ridiculously cheap on Steam; and I'll reiterate: it's one of the best games of the year.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) - All Stars normal and special
What a game! Worth the £169 for the 3DS just for that game!

Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
Played it a lot in the past but this is my first time finishing it. Wow. It really deserves all the praise it gets.
Now for the Master Quest.

Blackwell Unbound (PC)
Really cool old style adventure game. It's short and sweet but it's part of a 4 part ongoing series so it can be forgiven.
Sweet soundtrack as well.

The Cave (PC)
I really really enjoyed it. Really fresh feeling charming adventure game. I only played it through once (Time Traveller, Hillbilly and Adventurer) but I'll be playing it at least a couple more times to see all the content.
Kind of tempted to get the sweet figurines from Double Fine. http://shop.doublefine.com/collections/ ... -cave-toys

Darksiders II (PC)
Finally finished it. I liked it a lot but not as much as the first one which was near perfect if you ask me.
Such a shame about Vigil not really existing any more. I hope Crytek buys the IP and gets their new studio to make III and IV. Also I want to know what the hell Crawler is.

DmC (PC)
I was on board for whatever the next Ninja Theory game was going to be after playing Enslaved and DmC didn't disapoint. I didn't get very far in the original Devil May Cry but after playing this I want to go back and see why everyone was complaining about this great game.

Maijin and the Forsaken Kingdom (360)
Such a charming and beautiful game. It felt like a forgotten PS2 gem that got ignored by a lot of people for looking like it. I turned my XBox on for some reason today and this was in there and I thought I'd see where I was, two hours later I've finished it and I can't imagine why I everput it down. This one's a keeper.

999 (DS) All endings
Got it all done now. What a strange game. Not quite sure if I'd say I enjoyed it but it was satisfying. I'm going to roll straight into Virtues Last Reward now and I'm expecting it to be messed up.

The Walking Dead (PC)
Wow. I lost my save after episode 4 and decided I was going to play through 1-4 again but I couldn't wait so I played 5 kind of out of context.
I'm so glad I finally finished it. Such a great ending.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow (PS3)
Bit of a slog in the middle but ultimately satisfying. I personally put it up there with the best games in the genre but there is room for improvement for the sequel.
That post credits bit was nuts.

BIT.TRIP Presents Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (PC)
I started on hard then decided to move to easy to see all the levels. I think the way it tracks your progress doing easy first seemed to be the way to go.
What a cool game. I found the backgrounds a bit distracting sometimes and the control didn't seem as precise as Runner but it was pretty close to perfect.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
Still some levels I can't play yet but I've seen the credits so I'm counting it. The NSMB games are hard to talk about. On one hand they are all kind of the same and could really do with some big changes on the other the play control in these games make them some of the best 2D platformers ever. Although I'm slightly tired of the formula I do look forward to getting a WiiU and trying out NSMB U.

Tomb Raider (2013) (PS3)
Matches 3D Land for the best game I've played this year.
I was concerned at first. I think the 3 previous Crystal Dynamics Tomb Raider games are some of the best games ever and this looked like a linear cover based third person shooter.
It kind of is that but there's enough variety and the combat is interesting enough that I loved it anyway.
I did run into one game breaking bug but I found a guide to glitch past the obstacle so it was ok.
I could have done with a few more puzzles but everything else flowed so well I can't really fault it.
Towers over any of the Uncharted games as far as I'm concerned.

Demon's Souls (PS3)
I wanted to finish this off to let off some steam during my SL1 run of Dark Souls. I had never been able to kill the False King. I knew there were cheap methods but I wanted to avoid them. iwatttfodiwwfa recommended the poison cloud method so I used that to get him down to half health and finished him of with my bastard sword.
I'm so glad I've finally seen the end and I look forward to getting started on new game plus.
This now happily takes the number 2 spot in my favourite games ever list.

BioShock Infinite (PS3)
I can't remember having so many ups and downs with any other games. I hated it many times while I was playing it but in the end I think it was worth it.
Like most story focused games I really think they should have cut about 75% of the combat. It just ends up being an annoying distraction from the reason the play the game.
I'm looking forward to buying it on PC and playing it again in the future. I'll probably leave it a little while.

Uncharted 3 (PS3)
I think it might be my favourite Uncharted but that's only because there's 3 games worth of wearing me down with the combat. I even started to like the shooting by the end.
I think this one got a bad rap for some reason. I would have preferred more of young Nate and less combat but I thought it was good.
Also I thought the bit when Nate get's shot with a dart was one of the better depictions of being drugged in games. Really unsettling and realistic

The Last Of Us (PS3)
I ended up loving it. There are plenty of flaws but they're mostly forgivable. I think they should have added some dialog options rather than only having Joel talk with his fists. There were so many times I would have preferred to see Joel open his mouth rather than jump straight to the neck stabbing.

The Walking Dead 400 Days (PC)
I thought it was interesting and good value at £4. I would rather they charged 2 or 3 times that and I had a bit longer with each character. I hope they have multiple playable characters in season 2.
Did it's job in getting me excited for more Walking Dead.

Kingdom Rush (Android)
It's a pretty good tower defence game.

Renegade Ops (PC)
Grabbed this for a few quid recently after playing and enjoying it on 360 or PS3 when it came out.
What a game! It's what I imagined a perfect game as when my favourite game was Desert Strike on the Game Boy.
Outside of one or two place when my vehicle got physics'd in the environment so I couldn't avoid shots I can't really fault it.
-Renegade Ops Coldstrike DLC
It was pretty good. I played the whole game with one of the new characters and that was fun and some parts of the new levels were good but there were too many places when trying to do a sweet jump would put you out of bounds.

Gridrunner Revolution (PC)
I'm not quite sure what happened. I think it was just the easier difficulty but it looked like an ending.

Sleeping Dogs (PC)
Great game that shamelessly bites from lots of other great games but ends up doing a lot better than it's inspiration in some places. I hope they get to make another one at some point.

Dust: An Elysian Tail (PC)
I bought and enjoyed some of it on 360 but I don't like to hog the TV so I don't play many console games these days.
I was very happy to buy a second copy for PC and I slowly got back to where I was on console and then I couldn't put it down and I just burned through the rest of the game barely stopping.
Thoroughly enjoyed everything about this game. I even liked Fidget by the end.

SteamWorld Dig -A Fistful of Dirt- (3DS eShop)
Fantastic little game. Excellent controls and a great progression through upgrades and finding new abilities. Pretty good wild west style running through the whole game as well.

Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)
Great game. Some of the controls took some getting used to and I never got the hang of dealing with some of the ghosts but other than that I'm finding it hard to fault it.
Graphically I'd say it's one of the best looking games on 3DS.
Still some work to do clearing gems and Boos but I finished the story.

Rayman Legends (PC)
I only bought this because Origins was a pre order bonus and I wanted it on PC so I might finally play it. Still haven't played much of Origins but as soon as I downloaded Legends I've barely touched anything else.
I still prefer the basic running and jumping controls in the New Super Mario games but in pretty any other way I can think of Legends might just be the most fun I've had with a 2D platformer.
I do wish I had a Wii U to play it on though. They did a good job porting the Wii U levels over to PC but it never feels like the right way to be playing.
Again, finished the story but still plenty more to do.

Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons (360)
A truly beautiful and interesting game. Up there with my limited experience of Ico. Also it really make me want to see my brother and give him a hug.
So glad I bought it.

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (PC)
As above.

Far Cry 3 (PC)
I didn't really start to enjoy it until after I'd finished Blood Dragon. It's missing a a lot of the harsh magic of Far Cry 2 but it is a really fun open world. I mostly ignored the story but it seemed ok.
I'd be very happy to see a Far Cry 4 that split the difference between 2 and 3.

Batman Arkham Asylum (PC)
Fancied a quick blast to see if I'd be keen on playing the new one. 3rd or 4th time though but I had a great time. Might do City again before grabbing Origins.

Wolf Among Us Ep.1 (PC)
Good so far. Want to read some Fables now.

Batman Arkham City (PC)
Playing them back to back I think I prefer City. I loved traversing the City so much. Looking forward to Origins now.

Batman Arkham Origins (PC)
Wow! Sort of marathoned all 3 Arkham games and I have to say this one is my favourite of the 3. Obviously it couldn't exist without Asylum and City but something about this one clicked with me more that them.
I preferred the slightly more man sized character models and the more personal story.
I think this would top a few more lists if people didn't know it was a different developer.

The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
Nintendo magic. Another great 3DS game for the year. Run my battery down a few times with this one.
I've never finished Link to the Past so I don't have the same nostalgia as other folk but I've played most Zeldas since and this is up there with the best of them.
19541 rupees found and defeated 3 times.
Hero mode after I've been back and finished Link to the Past on GBA.

Castles in the Sky (PC)
If you were ever a child you should play it.

The Walking Dead Season 2 - Episode 1 (PC)
Nick Breckon writing this time instead of Sean Vanaman but the high standard is maintained so far.
The game plays pretty much the same as before but it seems a bit smoother.
Can't wait for more!
Gone Home (PC)
Made me feel stuff.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Puppeteer(ps3)-Yep great game if I had to rate it against other plataformers I played this year(which were not many)I'd put it on par with Rayman Legends,while it doesnt provide the precision plataforming of stuff like Rayman and meat boy the game certainly makes up for it with criativity oozing out of every pore:the levels are interesting and fun,the graphic style and animation are beautifull and the gameplay is unique.The only game that I can really draw comparison to this is the LBP both are similar but even then the games are significantly differents.
It's a game for kids sure,if anything it reminds me of sunday cartoons,but it fully embraces that and much better for it.I'd like to recommend this to everyone even if plataformers like Rayman are better on a techinicall level,if you have kids though I'd say get this in a heartbeat.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

10/1 Lego: Lord of the Rings
15/1 Kid Icarus : Uprising
15/2 Halo 4 : Heroic
7/3 Dishonored : normal
12/3 Mass Effect 3 : citadel DLC
19/3 Batman Arkham City NG+
2/4 Dead Space 2
11/4 Bioshock infante :normal
4/5 Dishonored: knife of dunwell DLC
14/5 Dead Space : second play through
22/5 Deus Ex HR : The Missing Link , Factory zero (no guns, items or upgrades used )play through
4/6 Sleeping Dogs
9/7 The walking Dead 400 Days
13/7 Bastion NG+
15/8 Crackdown
20/8 Dishonored : Witches of Bridgewater DLC
26/7 Assassins creed
12/9 Bully
12/9 Professor Layton and his stupid fucking 3D face
4/11 Assassins creed 2
14/11 Bioshock: burial at sea part 1 DLC
Assassins Creed brotherhood
11/12 Bioshock 2 : No Vita chamber run though
14/12 Far Cry 3 : Blood dragon
20/12 Fable 2
delb2k

Post by delb2k »

Aliens CM
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
Dragons Dogma
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Gears Judgement
MGS Rising re-thingy-ma-bob
Tomb Raider
Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett
CoD: Black Ops 2
Crimson Alliance
Crysis 2
F1 2012
Far Cry 3
Mark of the Ninja
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 5: Lost in nightmares
Shadows of the Damned
Soni & Sega Transformed
Spec Ops: The Line
The Darkness
Bastion
Brothers: A Tale of Two sons
Dead Space 3
Saints Row 4
GTA V
Batman Arkham Origins
HarmoKnight
Attack of the Friday Monsters
Luigis Mansion 2
Donkey Kong country returns 3D
Joe Danger Touch!
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
The walking Dead - 400 Days
Alan Wakes American Nightmare
Bioshock
Deadlight
Dear Esther
FlatOut
Papa & Yo
Sam & Max Episode 1: Culture Shock
Sam & Max Episode 2 - Situation: Comedy
Thirty Flights of Loving
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II
Quake 4
Gunpoint
Medal of Honor
Gone Home
Gof of War: Ascencion
The Last of Us
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
I Am Alive
Journey
Motorstorm: 3D Rift
Motorstorm: Apocalypse
The Unfinished Swan
Uncharted
Ratchet & Clank HD
Beyond: Two Souls
Resogun
Killzone Shadow Fall
Hotline Miami
Persona 4 Golden
All Stars Battle Royale
Thomas Was Alone
Guacamelee
Kirbys Epic Yarn
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Lego city: Undercover
Rayman Legends
Battlefield 4
Batman Arkham Blackgate
Tearaway

At last the Vita has something that I think not only uses the platforms core strengths but is also incredible fun to play. It is a tremendously charming title and one that creates a fantastic journey that is probably just the right length. Plus the art style is probably the best of the year, unique and charming throughout.

Bioshock Infinite - Burial at Sea Ep 1

Short and sharp its a game that is just more Bioshock. Now I will temper this by saying that I got the season pass for a stupidly cheap price due to Steam mistakenly discounting it so that plays a part in my opinion but for the cheap old price of £4 for all the DLC I quite liked the epsiode. I do think that once again they are a little miserly with the ammo, intentional I am sure but still feels like an artifical blocker, but the environemnts are quite fun to wander around and again it is probably just the right length.

Super Mario 3D World

Fun, inventive, masterful and almost perfectly pitched the game shows that Nintendo can still provide a level of imagination and cleverness few other developers can muster. Each level manages to feel completely fresh and different while asking you to learn new tricks and master old habits. Really a tremendous title.

Total Complete: 75
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Jan - 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (DS)
Jan - Frog Fractions (PC)
Jan - Okami HD (PS3)
Jan - Fez (360)
Jan - Sleeping Dogs (360)
Jan - Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)
Jan - Shenmue 2 (360 bc)
Jan - Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (PS3)
Jan - DmC: Devil May Cry (360)
Jan - Sine Mora (PS3)
Jan - Zone of the Enders HD (PS3)
Jan - Streets of Rage 2 (PS3)*
Jan - Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS3)
Feb - Aliens: Colonial Marines (PS3)
Feb - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
Mar - Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
Mar - Starhawk (PS3)
Mar - Hell Yeah!: Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (PS3)
Mar - Limbo (PS3)*
Mar - Quantum Conundrum (PS3)
Mar - Mortal Kombat (PS3)
Mar - Joe Danger (PS3)
Mar - Bioshock Infinite (PS3)
Mar - Dead or Alive 5 (PS3)
Mar - Tomb Raider (360)
Mar - Super Mario Bros. (3DS bc)*
Apr - Hitman: Absolution (360)
Apr - Asura's Wrath (360)* (w/ DLC)
Apr - Dishonored (360)
Apr - Dead Space 3 (360) (w/ DLC)
Apr - Guardian Heroes (360)*
Apr - Virtue's Last Reward (3DS)* all endings
May - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)*
May - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (360)*
May - Luigi's Mansion (Wii bc)
June - Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d (3DS)
June - Thomas Was Alone (PS3)
June - Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
June - Ico HD (PS3)
July - Saints Row: The Third (PS3)
July - The Last of Us (PS3)
Aug - Tales of Graces f (PS3)
Aug - L.A. Noire (PS3)
Aug - XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PS3)
Sep - Valkyria Chronicles DLC: Behind Her Blue Flame (PS3)
Sep - Gears of War: Judgment (360)
Sep - Killer Is Dead (360)
Sep - Silent Hill 2: Directors Cut (PS2)
Sep - Silent Hill 3 (PC)
Sep - El Shaddai: Rise of the Metatron (360)
Sep - Rayman Legends (360)
Sep - Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Oct - Thunder Force V: Perfect System (PS3 bc)
Oct - Jumping Flash 2 (PS3 bc)*
Oct - God Hand (PS3 bc)*
Nov - Max Payne 3 (PS3)*
Nov - Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3)
Nov - Call of Duty: Ghosts (360)
Nov - The Darkness 2 (360)
Nov - Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (DS)
Nov - Panzer Dragoon Saga (PC emu)
Nov - Panzer Dragoon (PC emu)
Nov - Panzer Dragoon II Zwei (PC emu)
Dec - Resogun (PS4)
Dec - Flower (PS4)*
Dec - Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)

*replayed (including remakes of originals I've completed)
Dec - Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS)

The blueprint is certainly showing its age and no half attempts to evolve the series seem to be working but that doesn't matter, the core story once again pushes those buttons you'd think to have long faded after 4 games. Azran legacy couldn't be more interesting right now though my doubt increases that they've saved the best puzzles for the last!
James

Post by James »

* denotes multiple playthroughs (NG+, alternative difficulties, alternative endings, co-op, etc.)
01/01 - Dishonored [sic] (PC)
02/01 - Frog Fractions (Browser)
02/01 - Grindstar (Browser)
02/01 - Hug Marine (Browser)
03/01 - Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
03/01 - Thirty Flights Of Loving (PC)
03/01 - Gravity Bone (PC)
04/01 - Hundreds (iOS)
05/01 - 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (DS)*
19/01 - Spec Ops: The Line (PC)
19/01 - The Binding Of Isaac (PC)
21/01 - 10000000 (iOS)
27/01 - DmC (PC)
27/01 - Life Of Pixel (PSM/Vita)
04/02 - Proteus (PC)
04/02 - McPixel (Android)
10/02 - Bientôt l’été (PC)
12/02 - Antichamber (PC)
22/02 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
24/02 - BioShock (PC)
26/02 - BioShock 2 (PC)
27/02 - BioShock 2: Minerva's Den (PC)
04/03 - Demon's Souls (PS3)
09/04 - Dark Souls (PC)****
09/04 - Thomas Was Alone (PC)
16/04 - BioShock Infinite (PC)
20/04 - Guacamelee! (Vita)
27/04 - Super Mario Bros. (SNES)*
27/04 - Street Fighter II (1-player mode) (SNES)
28/04 - Super Mario Land (3DS VC)
01/05 - Professor Layton And The Miracle Mask (3DS)
06/05 - Espgaluda II (Tateha) (Android)
07/05 - Espgaluda II (Ageha) (iOS)
09/05 - Sine Mora (Vita)
12/05 - Tomb Raider (2013) (PC)
12/05 - Mushihime-sama (iOS)
13/05 - The Room (Android)
17/05 - The Path (PC)
19/05 - Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC)
20/05 - Injustice: Gods Among Us (iOS)
30/05 - Candy Box (Browser)
07/06 - Rush Bros (PC)
19/06 - FEZ (PC)
24/06 - Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC)
25/07 - El Shaddai: Ascension Of The Metatron (360)
04/08 - Tribloos 2 (Android)
10/08 - StarWing (SNES)
10/08 - Super James Pond (SNES)
13/08 - Star Fox 64 3D (3DS)
18/08 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (PC)
21/08 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PC)
24/08 - The Unfinished Swan (PS3)
26/08 - Gone Home
30/08 - Fahrenheit (PS2)
05/09 - Coil (PC)
05/09 - Super Meat Boy (PC)
08/09 - Rogue Legacy (PC)
08/09 - Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons (PC)
16/09 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PC)
12/10 - Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
13/10 - eXceed: Gun Bullet Children (PC)
19/10 - Grabbed By The Ghoulies (360 b/c)
26/10 - Pikmin 3 (Wii U)
26/10 - The Stanley Parable & Demo (PC)
03/11 - Luxuria Superbia (Android)
06/11 - Batman: Arkham City (PC)
07/11 - 140 (PC)
07/11 - Batman: Arkham City - Harley's Revenge DLC (PC)
08/11 - To The Moon (PC)
12/11 - Batman: Arkham Origins (PC)
25/11 - Proteus (Vita)
26/11 - The Last Of Us (PS3)
30/11 - Mark Of The Ninja (PC)
03/12 - God Hand (PS3)
08/12 - Batman: Arkham Origins - Blackgate (Vita)
08/12 - Tearaway (Vita)
10/12 - Super Mario Bros. 2 (SNES via Super Mario All-Stars)
15/12 - Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
16/12 - Papers, Please (PC)
18/12 - Call Of Juarez: Gunslinger (PC)
23/12 - Gears Of War: Judgement (360)

Still catching up on games of 2013 that I missed. Judgement was... good, but not all that memorable. Thinking back on the series, it's telling how little the single player experience changed. A few extra weapons, a few new enemies, but Gears Of War had it mostly nailed.

Running total = 87
The running total includes all playthroughs (NG+, alternative difficulties, alternative endings, co-op, etc.), but the list is spared them to keep it shorter.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Alex79uk wrote:JAN - Journey (PS3)
JAN- Frog Fractions (Browser)
FEB - Saints Row The Third (360)
FEB - Spec Ops: The Line (360)
FEB - Bioshock 2 (PS3)
FEB - Mac Payne 3 (PS3)
MAR - Ico (PS3)
MAR - Shadow Of The Colossus (PS3)
APR - The Walking Dead - Episodes 1 - 5 (PS3)
APR - Guacamelee! (VITA)
APR - Thomas Was Alone (VITA)
MAY - Castlevania - Symphony Of The Night (PS1 - Played on VITA)
JUN - Dark Souls (PS3)
JUN - Catherine (PS3)
JUN - Uncharted: Golden Abyss (VITA)
AUG - To The Moon (PC)
AUG - Demon's Souls (PS3)
SEP - The Last Of Us (PS3)
OCT - Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
NOV - Batman : Arkham City (PS3)
NOV - God Of War - Ghost Of Sparta HD (PS3)
NOV - Assassins Creed III (PS3)
DEC - Brothers : A Tale Of Two Sons (PS3)

Incredible. I loved it. One of my favourite games I've ever played.

More thoughts here - http://caneandrinse.com/forum/viewtopic ... 790#p19790
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Jan - 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (DS)
Jan - Frog Fractions (PC)
Jan - Okami HD (PS3)
Jan - Fez (360)
Jan - Sleeping Dogs (360)
Jan - Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)
Jan - Shenmue 2 (360 bc)
Jan - Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (PS3)
Jan - DmC: Devil May Cry (360)
Jan - Sine Mora (PS3)
Jan - Zone of the Enders HD (PS3)
Jan - Streets of Rage 2 (PS3)*
Jan - Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS3)
Feb - Aliens: Colonial Marines (PS3)
Feb - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
Mar - Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
Mar - Starhawk (PS3)
Mar - Hell Yeah!: Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (PS3)
Mar - Limbo (PS3)*
Mar - Quantum Conundrum (PS3)
Mar - Mortal Kombat (PS3)
Mar - Joe Danger (PS3)
Mar - Bioshock Infinite (PS3)
Mar - Dead or Alive 5 (PS3)
Mar - Tomb Raider (360)
Mar - Super Mario Bros. (3DS bc)*
Apr - Hitman: Absolution (360)
Apr - Asura's Wrath (360)* (w/ DLC)
Apr - Dishonored (360)
Apr - Dead Space 3 (360) (w/ DLC)
Apr - Guardian Heroes (360)*
Apr - Virtue's Last Reward (3DS)* all endings
May - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)*
May - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (360)*
May - Luigi's Mansion (Wii bc)
June - Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d (3DS)
June - Thomas Was Alone (PS3)
June - Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
June - Ico HD (PS3)
July - Saints Row: The Third (PS3)
July - The Last of Us (PS3)
Aug - Tales of Graces f (PS3)
Aug - L.A. Noire (PS3)
Aug - XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PS3)
Sep - Valkyria Chronicles DLC: Behind Her Blue Flame (PS3)
Sep - Gears of War: Judgment (360)
Sep - Killer Is Dead (360)
Sep - Silent Hill 2: Directors Cut (PS2)
Sep - Silent Hill 3 (PC)
Sep - El Shaddai: Rise of the Metatron (360)
Sep - Rayman Legends (360)
Sep - Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Oct - Thunder Force V: Perfect System (PS3 bc)
Oct - Jumping Flash 2 (PS3 bc)*
Oct - God Hand (PS3 bc)*
Nov - Max Payne 3 (PS3)*
Nov - Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3)
Nov - Call of Duty: Ghosts (360)
Nov - The Darkness 2 (360)
Nov - Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (DS)
Nov - Panzer Dragoon Saga (PC emu)
Nov - Panzer Dragoon (PC emu)
Nov - Panzer Dragoon II Zwei (PC emu)
Dec - Resogun (PS4)
Dec - Flower (PS4)*
Dec - Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
Dec - Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS)

*replayed (including remakes of originals I've completed)
Dec - Guacamelee! (PS3)

Solid visuals, a soundtrack that made it a pleasure to keep the volume high even with the game paused and initially a robust set of gameplay mechanics. However, clocking in at just 4 hours it was sad to see that got stale just a few hours from the end, the level design as it moved on just felt tired and the ideas ran dry. A mixed bag for me but those first few hours were well worth the investment of time!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I'm sure it lasted me longer than 4 hours!
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

1(Jan) Resident Evil 6 - PS3
2(Jan) Darksiders. - PS3
3(Jan) Battlefield Bad Company(hardcore). - PS3
4(Feb) Mirrors Edge. - PS3
5(Feb) God of War 2. - PS3
6(Feb) Wolfenstein. - 360
7(Mar) House of the Dead 4. - PSN
8(Mar) Rage + Scorcher DLC. - PS3
9(Mar) God of War:Ghost of Sparta. - PSN
10(Apr) Uncharted 3:Drakes Deception(platinum). - PS3
11(Apr) Infamous. - PS3
12(Apr) Infamous 2:Festival of Blood. - PSN
13(Apr) Vanquish. - 360
14(Apr) God of War:Chains of Olympus. - PSN
15(Apr) Gears of War 3. - 360
16(Apr) Tomb Raider(2013). - PS3
17(Apr) Hydrophobia Prophecy. - PSN
18(Apr) Starhawk. - PSN
19(Apr) Costume Quest. - PSN
20(Apr) Bioshock Infinite. - PS3
21(May) Far Cry 3:Blood Dragon. - PSN
22(May) Farming Simulator 2012. - VITA
23(May) Dead Nation. - PSN
24(May) Far Cry 3(platinum). - PS3
25(May) Red Faction Armageddon. - PS3
26(May) Deadlight. - XBLA
27(May) Call of Juarez:Gunslinger. - PSN
28(June) Crysis. - PSN
29(June) Shank 2. - PSN
30(June) Thomas Was Alone. - VITA
31(June) Halo:Reach. - 360
32(June) The Last of Us. - PS3
33(June) Medal of Honor:Warfighter. - PS3
34(July) Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. - PS3
35(July) Max Payne 3. - PS3
36(July) Uncharted:Golden Abyss. - VITA
37(July) The Walking Dead:400 Days. - PSN
38(July) Alien Breed. - VITA
39(Aug) Assassins Creed:Brotherhood. - PS3
40(Aug) Urban Trial Freestyle. - VITA
41(Aug) Assassins Creed:Revelations. - PS3
42(Aug) Saints Row IV. - PS3
43(Sept) Hotline Miami. - VITA
44(Sept) Sly Cooper(platinum). - PSN
45(Oct) Gravity Rush. - VITA
46(Oct) Tales from Space:Mutant Blobs Attack. - VITA
47(Oct) Grand Theft Auto V. - PS3
48(Oct) The Unfinished Swan. - PSN
49(Oct) Jak & Daxter:The Precursor Legacy. - PS3
50(Oct) Bodycount. - PS3
51(Oct) Motorstorm RC. - VITA
52(Oct) Call of Juarez:Bound in Blood. - PSN
53(Nov) Battlefield 4(hardcore). - PS3
54(Nov) Ace Combat:Assault Horizon. - PSN
55(Nov) Dead to Rights:Retribution. - PS3
56(Nov) Aliens:Colonial Marines(Ultimate Badass difficulty). - PS3
57(Nov) Star Wars:The Force Unleashed. - PS3
58(Dec) Dead Rising 2:Off the Record. - PSN
59(Dec) Saints Row:The Third(platinum) + all DLC. - PS3
60(Dec) Call of Duty:Black Ops 2(Veteran difficulty). - PS3
61(Dec) Lost Planet 3. - PS3
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

The Walking Dead-Series 2,Episode 1
Lost Planet 3-PS3
Battlefield 4-PS4
Call Of Duty: Ghosts-PS4
Resogun-PS4 Rookie,Advanced
Call Of Duty: Ghosts-PS3
Batman: Arkham Origins-PS3
Battlefield 4-PS3
The Walking Dead: 400 Days-Vita
The Walking Dead: Series 1-Vita
Dragon's Crown-PS3
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge-PS3
The Bureau: X-Com Declassified-PS3
Grand Theft Auto V-PS3
Rayman Legends-PS3
Saints Row IV-PS3
DuckTales Remastered-PSN
Star Trek-PS3
One Piece: Pirate Warriors-PS3
Flying Hamster HD-Vita
Deadpool-PS3
The Last Of Us-PS3
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara-PSN
Dungeons & Dragons: Tower Of Doom-PSN
Injustice: Gods Among Us-PS3
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale-PS3
Metal Gear Rising: Revengance-PS3
Bioshock Infinite-PS3
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2-PS3
Gears Of War: Judgment-360
Dead Space 3-PS3
Streets Of Rage 3: SVC-360
Streets Of Rage 2: SVC-360
Tomb Raider-360
Streets Of Rage: SVC-360
Aliens Colonial Marines-360
Jetpack Joyride-PSN
DMC Devil May Cry-PS3
Sine Mora- Live Arcade
Shank 2: PSN
Skylanders Giants-PS3
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Hundreds
Mark of the Ninja
Antichamber
Castle Crashers
Mega Man 9
ViViD
English Country Tune
Element4l
Thomas Was Alone
Pa Rappa The Rapper
Beat Sneak Bandit
Rockman 5
Badland
Shelter
Ultratron
Hotline Miami
Pikmin 3
Electronic Super Joy
Duet
Save The Date!
Year Walk
DEVICE 6
The Swapper
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine - The Locksmith's Story (Multiplayer)
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine - Origins (Single Player)
Pullblox

At long last, after toiling all year long, a few days ago I completed the very last of the 252 Pullblox puzzles. That is a fantastic game and anyone who has a 3DS should pick it up immediately.

Stay tuned when it takes me all of 2014 to beat Fallblox.
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

Jan 16: The Walking Dead (PC)
Feb 3 : Just Cause 2 (PS3)
March 9: Witcher 2 (360)
March 22: Sleeping Dogs (PC)
March 30: Mark of the Ninja (PC)
April 2: Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)
May 18: Thomas was Alone (PSN)
May 22: Halo 4 (360)
July 7: Hotline Miami (PC)
July 28: Assassins Creed 3 (360)
August 3: Tomb Raider (PC)
September 1: The Last of Us (PS3)
September 12: BioShock Infinite (360)
September 13: The Walking Dead 400 days DLC (PC)
September 15: To The Moon (PC)
October 13: GTA V (PS3)
November 15: Far Cry 3 (PS3)
November 23: Remember Me (PS3)
December 28: Gone Home (PC)
December 29: Assassins Creed IV Black Flag (PS4)