Mobile phone gaming

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Mobile phone gaming

Post by Alex79 »

Jon Cheetham wrote: December 4th, 2021, 5:42 am The first Monster Hunter Stories is on mobile and you can play the first 5-10 hours free to try it out. Really charming little world and characters, although it has a different aesthetic to the sequel. More chibi!
I actually bought that for a couple of quid months back and never tried it yet - thanks for the reminder!
Jon Cheetham

Post by Jon Cheetham »

Alex79 wrote: December 4th, 2021, 7:38 am
Jon Cheetham wrote: December 4th, 2021, 5:42 am The first Monster Hunter Stories is on mobile and you can play the first 5-10 hours free to try it out. Really charming little world and characters, although it has a different aesthetic to the sequel. More chibi!
I actually bought that for a couple of quid months back and never tried it yet - thanks for the reminder!
I thought it was lovely. Works surprisingly well on mobile!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hey folks - my eldest told me about this today, and I couldn't believe I'd not heard, read or seen a single thing about it! Rocket League Sideswipe. It's a new game for mobiles (been out a few months) and it's literally just Rocket League in 2D. Don't think it'll work? Well it does! It's really good, and heaps of fun. Check it out if you're a fan of the 'main' game. I'm loving it!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Just in case anyone hasn't been keeping tabs on it, Netflix has had some great additions to it's mobile gaming service recently.

Immortality, Kentucky Route Zero, 12 Minutes (it's an interesting curio at least), Spiritfarer, Turtles Shredders Revenge...

Loads of quite high profile indie games lately, and more to come. It's really worth checking out if you've not had a look lately.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Anyone tried Mighty Doom on mobile yet? It's a top down, single stick shooter, seems like it's probably randomised runs, you get to play upgrade roulette at the end of each room, it's fun! Reminds me a lot of a mobile game I played a few years back, I think it was called Archeros or something like that, which was a very similar game with more of a fantasy skin on it rather than Doom.

It's free anyway, worth a look.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... thsoft.ubu
Hunter30

Post by Hunter30 »

I played and completed Oddmar earlier this year, a short and charming Viking-themed platformer. Bitesize levels (5-10 mins a pop), so a good one for dipping in and out of.