Mobile phone gaming

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
The_Rooster

Re: iOS and Android gaming

Post by The_Rooster »

Just downloaded five nights at Freddie's. Christ thats rather intense. Got till 3o'clock on the second night. Very good simple game play very effective.
KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

I plugged it on another thread but I highly recommend Army of Darkness: Defense on iOS. Played through it again recently having long since deleted and forgotten about it, and it still stands up great. Didn't have to spend any more money on it than the initial download fee either.

(Checks on iTunes Store) - it's actually free at the moment.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah awesome news! I'm not sure when exactly it came out, but it's the first time I've seen it - SW:KOTOR has been released on Android! It's been on iOS for ages, but I've been hoping for an Android version since I no longer have an iDevice. This is one of my favourite games of all time!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I've been playing Alto's Adventures on iOS. It's really good fun. Like a cross between SSX, Olli Olli and Canabalt. Give it a try, I'm certainly enjoying it.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Alto's Adventure is wonderful. No idea how many hours I've put in, but I'm level 30, which I believe is half way and makes it incredible value because I plan to get to the end! That said, I'm close to day 70 of continuous play on WWE Immortals and haven't spent a penny on it, although I'm a couple of levels from the end now and think I might have hit a pay wall. I've just downloaded Final Fantasy Record Keeper - more free to play but it seems to gave reviewwd very well so might be worth a punt.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Thought I'd resurrect this thread to mention a new iOS game, Skiing Yeti Mountain. It's free to play but very occasional in-game advertising is the only price you need to pay. Very responsive one touch controls see you slalom down a mountain of around 800 bite size levels. There's a story of sorts, challenge modes and cosmetics to unlock. Feels a lot like Horace Goes Skiing for any old Spectrum fans like me! Very smooth pixel art style too. Definitely worth a download.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah, I've been playing that since you mentioned it. It's a lot of fun!

Aside from that - YOU MUST BUILD A BOAT (iOS)

This game is brilliant. I would post more, but I'm too busy playing it. No really. Get it. It's ace.
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

Alex79uk wrote:Yeah, I've been playing that since you mentioned it. It's a lot of fun!

Aside from that - YOU MUST BUILD A BOAT (iOS)

This game is brilliant. I would post more, but I'm too busy playing it. No really. Get it. It's ace.
Bought it yesterday and only played a little but so far so good. It really is great and it's the sequel to 10000000 which was excellent.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Took me about ten minutes to click with it, but when I did - AWESOMES!
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Sounds great. Definitely going to give that a go. Move the Walls is worth a download. Another freebie, but fairly unobtrusive ad support. Also takes a few goes to click, but quite addictive when it does. I like these quick burst, one finger games.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I've bought You Must Build A Boat twice now, once on iPad and then again when it was released a couple of days later for Android phone. Best mobile game I've played for ages.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Just spotted Worms 3 gone free on the Apple App Store. Guessing it will be their free app of the week tomorrow. Good version by all accounts.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Nice, thanks, that'll be excellent to play with Elliot on the iPad. He loves the 360 live arcade Worms.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

There's a new free iOS app from Square Enix called Final Fantasy Portal. Seems to be some kind of news and information service, but until the end of the month you can download the full version of Final Fantasy 1 free of charge from inside the app if you're interested.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Cheers!
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Alex79uk wrote:Cheers!
:D
Make sure you pick up PAC-MAN 256 if you haven't already too. It's absolutely fantastic!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Done! Not very good at it though >_<
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

I was like that with Crossy Road. Installed and deleted it three times before I had a go on my son's iPad and it clicked. Feels very similar, and having played Crossy Road to death now, I seem to be alright.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Super Hexagon is currently free, but only via the Apple Store app. You need to find your local Apple Store in the app, and it will be listed as a free download on the store page.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Dangerous Dave in the Deserted Pirate's Hideout is out on iOS. It's a platformer by John Romero, one of the guys behind id Software and Doom, and was originally released in the 80's. It's free, with an in-app purchase to remove ads.