PlayStation Plus (and the PS Store in general)

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Indiana747

Re: PlayStation Plus (and the PS Store in general)

Post by Indiana747 »

Thats really good news on the 360 front. I, like Leon thought that the 'free to keep' mantra was being dropped for the Sony subscription method. To be honest though, i regard the Sony games as free, even though they are technically not. The reason being is that its amazing value over 12 months, so therefore i will be constantly resubbing(its a no brainer for someone who plays as many games as i do). Also when im done with a game, thats it, i rarely go back. If i like said game enough, i buy a retail copy cheap down the line. If i thought i wasn't resubbing, for whatever reason, i would bloody cane and rinse those PS+ games.
Back to the 360 end of things, i think it may actually be worth resubscribing to MS and picking up a copy of Titanfall to satisfy my curiosity. Man, it is a great time to be a gamer with these superb services. I remember when i was young i had to go to the post office, get a postal order for 'x' amount and send it away to game retailers that i got the details of in games magazines. Waiting sometimes months for the game to arrive, sometimes not at all(lost £60) that way once. Fucking dodgy bastards. That was serious cash for a 15 year old in the late 80's. Now i have loads of games and limited time to play them, is there no justice in this world? Haha, If i was a kid nowadays i don't think id even know what sunlight looked like.
Holy shit i can go off on some tangents in these posts. :P
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

RoboticMonk3y wrote:for now...
give MS 3 months to change their minds, and they'll have their games back as well as your house if you cancel your gold sub :D
Er, nope. There currently isn't a way built into the 360 for MS to do so on and I doubt they can be arsed to focus resources on addressing this.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

That's an incredibly droll response to an obviously sarcastic post :lol:
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

hazeredmist wrote:That's an incredibly droll response to an obviously sarcastic post :lol:

Haha, i was thinking exactly the same thing. :lol:
Sorry Paul, you dont get this weeks King of Comedy award. :P
PlexShaw

PlayStation Plus (and the PS Store in general)

Post by PlexShaw »

hazeredmist wrote:That's an incredibly droll response to an obviously sarcastic post :lol:
Actually not really. Given some of the complete rubbish I've read about MS in the last year & taking into account I was actually ignoring the comedy element of that post, it's entirely possible some might be assuming that they'll alter the way GwG works on the 360 in the future (which is a legitimate concern). I was merely confirming that it cannot even technically be done at the moment.

I should also point out I'm currently in Tokyo, so my body clock is all over the place, which means my posts might seem more "droll" than intended. ;)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Having fun over there I assume Paul? :D
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

ratsoalbion wrote:Having fun over there I assume Paul? :D
Yes, very much so. Went to see Mount Fuji today - it was pissing it down so the view wasn't great but we saw enough of it to appreciate just how spectacular it is. Visiting Akihabara over the weekend and going to Kyoto on Monday (hoping to see the outside of Nintendo HQ whilst there), amongst other things. :)
spasticmonkey2

Post by spasticmonkey2 »

The full list of next month's games is up now
PS4
Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (Cross Buy)
Trine 2: The Complete Story

PS3
NBA 2K14
Lone Survivor (Cross Buy)

PS Vita
Dragon’s Crown
Surge Deluxe
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Sweet!
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Hope your havin a great time inTokyo Paul. Its doin wonders for your sense of humour. :P
InsrtCoins

Post by InsrtCoins »

I'm interested to see if Trine 2 looks better on the PS4. It's a marvelous-looking game. I'd quite like to play it again.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

4 vita games.
4!
my poor little 16gb card is already buckling under the strain! :)
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Next month, PlayStation Plus will reach its 4th year milestone. PS Plus has evolved a lot as a membership since then. We’ve provided our PS Plus members with numerous exclusive discounts, access to betas, demos and even select games early, and of course,free games to play through our Instant Game Collection. As our members have grown with us from our introduction on PS3, PS Vita and now PS4, together we have built a strong community of gamers around the world.

The excitement around PlayStation 4 has been tremendous, and it has been exciting to see how quickly our dedicated community has rallied around the system, adopting and engaging with its features and spreading the word about what makes PS4 the best console available. PlayStation Plus has been an essential part of PlayStation 4, providing access to next-gen online multiplayer and a steady stream of great games including Resogun, Outlast, Don’t Starve and Mercenary Kings. Since we are always looking to continue evolving PS Plus to be a service that really serves our community, we are excited to provide a more balanced set of games introduced each month with PS Plus. As you’ll see below, starting in June, members will have access to two titles per month for each of our platforms.

Since we’ve seen how excited many of you are to download Instant Game Collection titles as soon as they’re available, we’ve decided to adjust the length of time each title will be available. Starting in July, every title in the Instant Game Collection will be available the first Tuesday of the month, and will be free for the month, until the first Tuesday of the following month, taking the guesswork out of how long the game will be available for free. In the coming weeks, you’ll see that several of the titles that have had a nice, long stint in the Instant Game Collection will be phased out, so if you’re new to the service and haven’t had a chance to download all of the titles available through PS Plus — or if you’ve been thinking about subscribing but haven’t yet — now is the perfect time to get all the great games available with PS Plus.

Protip: you don’t have to download the game to your hard drive (or memory card) to gain the entitlement — you can also go to the web store, add them to your cart and check out. Once the game says “Purchased” below it when you’re logged in, you’ll be set for the future as long as you’re a PS Plus member.

Members have a lot to look forward to in the coming months, including the Destiny multiplayer beta (for members who have pre-ordered the game), Driveclub PS Plus Edition, Secret Ponchos and more.
From the US Playstation Blog.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

InsrtCoins wrote:I'm interested to see if Trine 2 looks better on the PS4. It's a marvelous-looking game. I'd quite like to play it again.
I know that the PC versions of both Trines were renowned for looking much lovelier than their console counterparts (both of which I have unplayed on PS3) so I imagine that the PS4 version of T2 will look similarly lush.
:)
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Trine 2 is far more interesting (even though I've already bought it twice in the past) as I do enjoy it and can play it co-op.
spasticmonkey2

Post by spasticmonkey2 »

RoboticMonk3y wrote:4 vita games.
4!
my poor little 16gb card is already buckling under the strain! :)
I definitely know the feeling - I've got a massive backlog of PS+ vita games that I haven't even tried yet, even with pretty regular juggling around.
I should probably try to get Uncharted Golden Abyss finished, thats 3485MB on its own!
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Pick up Dragons Crown if you can it's pretty cool especially on vita and I imagine multiplayer should be really cool too.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

They've pissed around with the fucking store again >_< Its even more useless than it was before. You can't even click on anything that simply shows all new releases this week now, or at least not from the side bar. It's just worse. Again.

Aside from that, has it updated for anyone yet today? I've been looking forward to playing Dragons Crown on Vita all day but PS+ June update doesn't appear to have gone live yet.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

The PS3 storefront has been remodelled to more closely resemble the PS4 version.You can get the free games by searching for them even though the PS+ pages haven't been updated.

I've got no room to install anything else on my Vita right now, but I still need to play more of my import PS3 copy of Dragon's Crown anyway! :)
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah the store remains pretty poor. Clicking on Playstation Plus should take you to the new content. Not what was free last month. Granted, using the search engine isn't that hard to find the new freebies. But if you didn't know what was out, by Twitter or forums, you're boned.
Alex, the content went up at 4.30pm.Only if you manually searched the relevant store. Which is stupid.
Still, free Dragons Crown. Get in there :lol: