PlayStation Plus (and the PS Store in general)

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
BasementShaxx

Re: PlayStation Plus (and the PS Store in general)

Post by BasementShaxx »

Found all the games eventually by searching individually for each one, but Dragon's Crown is still showing as £39.99. 4 years since PS+ launched and they still can't quite figure out how to update the store
Beck

Post by Beck »

I think there's actually something wrong with the store tonight. My downloads keep dropping and the store is very flakey
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

No problems here and I've downloaded everything on PS4 and Vita - not looked at the PS3 yet though admittedly. It's probably just being hammered though.
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Yeah I've been waiting for dragons crown to show up! It is free this month right? I didn't imagine it did I??
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yes it's there, free with PS+ on Vita but not PS3 though (this time, anyway).
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Is it coming up for you then? As mine hasn't changed since I bought my vita a month ago! Am I doing something wrong?
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

I really want to pick up Octodad while it's on sale as well but I just know it'll be next months ps+ if I do.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Lego Solo wrote:Is it coming up for you then? As mine hasn't changed since I bought my vita a month ago! Am I doing something wrong?
That doesn't sound right, the store is updated every week. The PS+ section hasn't been updated for the month yet so you just need to search the games on offer individually: Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate, Lone Survivor, Surge Deluxe and Dragon's Crown. If you have an up-to-date PS+ subscription they are all free to download right now.
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Yep it's showing it for free. Cool, now just need to get a bigger memory card! Cheers dude.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Damocles693 wrote:Found all the games eventually by searching individually for each one, but Dragon's Crown is still showing as £39.99. 4 years since PS+ launched and they still can't quite figure out how to update the store
Sounds like you're looking at the PS3 version. It's the Vita version which is free on PS+ and all this month's games on all three formats have been updated to 'free'.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

ratsoalbion wrote:
Damocles693 wrote:Found all the games eventually by searching individually for each one, but Dragon's Crown is still showing as £39.99. 4 years since PS+ launched and they still can't quite figure out how to update the store
Sounds like you're looking at the PS3 version. It's the Vita version which is free on PS+ and all this month's games on all three formats have been updated to 'free'.
I think the sony store can just be a little janky at times.
I checked the web page, and the PS+ instant game collection had not been updated.
Nor was it updated on the Vita store front, but I was able to find the games by manually searching by game title.

This all seem to have been sorted out now though.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Baron Phil wrote:I really want to pick up Octodad while it's on sale as well but I just know it'll be next months ps+ if I do.
Its a great price though. I picked it up last night, i do think these smaller titles have escalated in price a hell of a lot when released on PS4 compared to last gen. So when this price point comes along i have no problem in paying it. I like to support the smaller Devs but its original price was too much for a 3hr niche title.
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

It was only recently released (in fact, the discount price it what we should have had as the original launch price but PSN EU fucked it up), so it's unlikely that it will go PS+ straight away. I also agree with supporting smaller devs by actually paying for the game rather than just relying on Sony to pay them (not) enough to stick it in their subscription service. I'll be buying it when I get back home.
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

I do agree with buying to support smaller devs just having a moan because I bought the season pass of wolf among us then before the 3rd episode was even out it was half price. Felt a bit put out by that.
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

Yeah, that's a TellTale screw up rather than anything else. They pissed off a lot of people by doing that.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Agreeing with both of you there. Makes light of the faith that people put in this new story from Telltale. They should have waited till at least a couple of months after the last episode was out. I've bought all four episodes separately & really enjoying it, its definetly worth experiencing. So, if a season pass sale gets more people that were on the fence, on board, then thats a good thing.
countstex

Post by countstex »

I see no reason to put a season pass on sale, save maybe before release for those dedicated enough to trust the developer. After that the price should be fixed. An some time after the last episode is out they can make 'game of the year' type all in one packs for those late to the table. This constant re-enforcing of 'wait until it goes cheap' isn't really helping anyone in the long run.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

It's helping me.

:)
PlexShaw

PlayStation Plus (and the PS Store in general)

Post by PlexShaw »

Alex79uk wrote:It's helping me.

:)
In the short term, it obviously will do. But, as Stex points says, I don't think this whole "Wait until it's cheap/free with PS+ or GwG" mentality is going to help anyone in the long term.
Beck

Post by Beck »

Whilst I agree with what you guys are saying, at the same time, It is nice to see the digital pricing of games is being looked at.

A few years ago the stagnant pricing and lack of offers and sales on consoles was embarrassing in comparison to retail prices. I agree they have yet to find a balance.

I also think that telltale have a lot to improve on, including their games. The quality of their press releases, release dates, pricing and their game engines needs looked at.