PlayStation Plus (and the PS Store in general)

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Beck

Re: PlayStation Plus (and the PS Store in general)

Post by Beck »

Yeah, thanks Indians :)
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Sony are brilliant for stuff like this (the reimbursement, not the fact they continually make this error)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Alex79uk wrote:Oh hang on, Strider is PS4 only...? I am Alex's disappointment. :(
You can remote play to your Vita but i'm assuming you want it on PS3?
PlexShaw

PlayStation Plus (and the PS Store in general)

Post by PlexShaw »

With Cross Buy, it's incorrectly assumed that all games released on multiple systems at the same time must adhere to this rule. In an odd way, I'm kind of glad some devs aren't doing this.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

dezm0nd wrote:
Alex79uk wrote:Oh hang on, Strider is PS4 only...? I am Alex's disappointment. :(
You can remote play to your Vita but i'm assuming you want it on PS3?
Not without a PS4 I can't!

:(
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Nooooooo
Beck

Post by Beck »

Sony are refusing to refund me for the accidental purchase of Lego Batman. Wtf

"Thanks for your e-mail about your Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) account.

I can confirm the issue with Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes displaying full price is one which we were aware of and our engineers are working to resolve this. We aim to resolve this as soon as possible. We would advise consumers to check the PlayStation Plus and Instant Game collection section of PlayStation Network Store and wait for the product to display as free of charge before attempting a purchase.

Unfortunately if you have purchased this at full price we are unable to offer a refund for this content as digital services cannot be returned to us.

If you have any further questions in the meantime please contact PlayStation Support using the contact details below or by replying to this e-mail."
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Aw no, that sucks :(
Beck

Post by Beck »

I'm going to be phoning them tomorrow. It's only £20 and I realise I should have double checked but at the same time this is an acknowledged error on their end. If the game was not free for plus members it should not have been listed in my plus portal on the webpage.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Beck wrote:If the game was not free for plus members it should not have been listed in my plus portal on the webpage.
Yes - I think that's the key thing you have in your favour. I reckon a phone call might well do the trick.
Beck

Post by Beck »

I've always had a reserved opinion of digital content and this has done nothing to help that. Had this have happened in a retail store I would be able to fight my case a lot easier. It feels like the rights for a consumer via digital outlets is a lot less than physical outlets.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

That is extremely bad play on Sonys' behalf. They fucked up here, a refund is not unfair on both parties. They admitted they balls up by putting the game on the PS+ page for free download even though they charged you for it. It was advertised as a free game so this is false advertising imo. I doubt that you're the only one who was caught out on this, so Sony should stand up to their mistake and reimburse those they "indirectly tricked" into spending 20 quid. It does seem trivial to most, since PS+ has given us so much for free or for great value in the past, but thats not the point here. Give them a ring for sure & a piece of your mind too. That whole " we dont offer refunds on digital" bollocks is such a lame get out of jail card for them to use.
I haven't checked since, but have they even put the game back up for free properly yet?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yes it is there now showing as free for Plus subscribers on the Vita store.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

If it's any consolation, I had it listed in the ps plus section on the website too (I added it initially expecting it to wipe at the basket but removed it when the tally showed). In fact if you look at the big in Japan section Super Puzzle Fighter is still listed yet still not discounted and one Final Fantasy game if I remember right has been removed from the listings on the blog and website thanks to a huge number of complaints. I love good deals and freebies but they have to take responsibility for the balls ups that are happening far too frequently. Good luck!
Beck

Post by Beck »

Thanks guys, I'll see where I get to with phoning them tonight. :)
Beck

Post by Beck »

Fuck it. 48 minutes on hold. What a shambles
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Disgraceful.
adwild1982

Post by adwild1982 »

Beck wrote:Fuck it. 48 minutes on hold. What a shambles
I have been on hold with Sony Customer Service for over an hour before and got no help when I finally did get hold of them. Worst customer service I have had. Had issues with Steam in the past and took some time to get it sorted but the service I had off them was spot on. Sony on the other hand I wanted to repair to my Vita screen they told me that they would call me back and never did. Ended up getting a new one as it was less hassle in the long run and cheaper than the phone bill would have been trying to sort it.
Beck

Post by Beck »

I got through, 1hr 12 minutes later. The guy said he couldn't process refunds and that there is no way I can escalate this further. I wasn't allowed to speak to a manager or any other person who could deal with it. I asked him how many others have had this problem and he said a lot.

What a load of nonsense
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Very poor. I'm glad I've never had to deal with them.