PlayStation Plus (and the PS Store in general)

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Baron Phil

Re: PlayStation Plus (and the PS Store in general)

Post by Baron Phil »

Another great month for PS Plus.
4 February: Apotheon (PS4)
4 February: Transistor (PS4)
4 February: Thief (PS3)
4 February: Yakuza 4 (PS3)
4 February: Rogue Legacy (PS4, PS3, PS Vita Cross Buy)
4 February: Kick and Fennick (PS Vita)
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

Transistor for any one who has not played it is worthy addition to the game library.
Just look up Apotheon I really love the ancient Greek art style hope it plays well too.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Cool, been wanting to play Yakuza 4 for a while now, and excited about Rogue Legacy - I almost picked it up last month but it had PS+ written all over it. Now I really need to get my Vita fixed.
richie_in_japan

Post by richie_in_japan »

I think that might be one of the best overall offerings for quite some time. Super excited to try Transistor.
RobC

Post by RobC »

Looking really good, have had my eye on Rogue legacy for a long time so that's welcome.

Transistor is great, I never finished it sadly though, I think having lots of other folk playing and talking about it might convince me to go back and finish it off.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Alex79uk wrote:Cool, been wanting to play Yakuza 4 for a while now, and excited about Rogue Legacy - I almost picked it up last month but it had PS+ written all over it. Now I really need to get my Vita fixed.
Rogue legacy is a perfect vita game (although, unless they've fixed it, there's a bit of a bug where if you put your vita to sleep, it still adds that time to your "played"clock)

what's up with your vita?
Electric Crocosaurus

Post by Electric Crocosaurus »

Apart from the genuinely great games like transistor and rogue legacy I'm pretty excited to play Thief. Games like that are perfect for PS Plus; I was seriously put off by the bad reviews at the time, but now that the fuss has died down I'll be interested to have a play and make up my own mind. Expect a rant about 'WTF have they done to the Thief series?' in a week's time
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

RoboticMonk3y wrote:
Alex79uk wrote:Cool, been wanting to play Yakuza 4 for a while now, and excited about Rogue Legacy - I almost picked it up last month but it had PS+ written all over it. Now I really need to get my Vita fixed.
Rogue legacy is a perfect vita game (although, unless they've fixed it, there's a bit of a bug where if you put your vita to sleep, it still adds that time to your "played"clock)

what's up with your vita?
Left analogue stick has stopped working. I was just getting in to MGS3 when it broke :( Its £35 for a fix, or a tenner if I buy the part and do it myself. Haven't decided yet! It still works fine other than that so I've just been playing games that only use the D-pad.
richie_in_japan

Post by richie_in_japan »

Electric Crocosaurus wrote:Apart from the genuinely great games like transistor and rogue legacy I'm pretty excited to play Thief. Games like that are perfect for PS Plus; I was seriously put off by the bad reviews at the time, but now that the fuss has died down I'll be interested to have a play and make up my own mind. Expect a rant about 'WTF have they done to the Thief series?' in a week's time
Completely agree. I've tried several games I've either been wary of because of post-release buzz or genres I don't usually like and, once the pressure of not having to pay full retail price is off, been pleasantly surprised on several occasions. Really has transformed my gaming habits.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Rogue Legacy is excellent, one of my favourite games of last year. Nearly bought Transistor a few times,glad I didn't now.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Can anyone confirm whether Rogue Legacy uses the analogue stick for movement only, or if the game is playable using the D-pad to move? Thanks! (On Vita).
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Alex79uk wrote:Can anyone confirm whether Rogue Legacy uses the analogue stick for movement only, or if the game is playable using the D-pad to move? Thanks! (On Vita).
both! (on ps4 and vita)
though it plays so much better on the d-pad
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah cool, thanks. Saves paying to get it fixed for a little while longer yet then :D
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

yeah, it's a perfect fit for the d-pad actually.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Great!

So, SOE no longer exists and has been taken over by another company (without checking Daybreak something?) But what does that mean for the everyday gamer? I literally have no idea what this affects. Does it mean Sony won't make games any more? That's probably a ridiculous question, but I've seen the stories all day and don't really know what it'll mean.
Tleprie

Post by Tleprie »

GTA games are on sale at the moment, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the PSP/vita games? any of them significantly better/worse than the others?
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Alex79uk wrote:Great!

So, SOE no longer exists and has been taken over by another company (without checking Daybreak something?) But what does that mean for the everyday gamer? I literally have no idea what this affects. Does it mean Sony won't make games any more? That's probably a ridiculous question, but I've seen the stories all day and don't really know what it'll mean.
You'll be ok mate. SOE (now renamed Daybreak Game Company) is a developer previously owned by Sony that developed online games like Planetside, EverQuest and DC Universe Online. The majority of their output was actually on the PC so I can understand the confusion. No worries about Planetside 2 still coming to the PS4, plans haven't changed.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Mike's right of course. SOE and SCE were already entirely separate entities. It's SCEI, SCEA and SCEE that publish games, parent SCE makes the consoles and SEN is the arm that runs PSN.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Super stardust ultra is on the store now, but the plus discount hasn't yet been applied, so I'm waiting.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Looking forward to that. I still think simply Ultra Stardust would be a slicker title though!