The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
InsrtCoins

Re: PlayStation 4

Post by InsrtCoins »

NokkonWud wrote:
InsrtCoins wrote:Did anyone get the PlayStation 4 Camera? Any first impressions you'd like to share?
It's small and a little too light (in my case the cable pulls the camera around as a result, so I'm forever squaring it up again.)

The quality is fine, it's 720p so it's not as good picture wise as Kinect 2.0, nor is the microphone as clear.

That said it serves its purpose well, it works, Playroom is fun and I hope more games support it. It does pick up the controllers light bar very well.
Have you done the facial recognition sign in? Does it work?
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

InsrtCoins wrote:
NokkonWud wrote:
InsrtCoins wrote:Did anyone get the PlayStation 4 Camera? Any first impressions you'd like to share?
It's small and a little too light (in my case the cable pulls the camera around as a result, so I'm forever squaring it up again.)

The quality is fine, it's 720p so it's not as good picture wise as Kinect 2.0, nor is the microphone as clear.

That said it serves its purpose well, it works, Playroom is fun and I hope more games support it. It does pick up the controllers light bar very well.
Have you done the facial recognition sign in? Does it work?
It does work, kind of. It's similar to the Kinect one, but you have to use your controller too. It will pick up the face and then you align the controllers light sensor to a box on the screen. I'm the only profile on my PS4 though so I'm not sure how it works with other accounts and whether it's accurate for multiple people.
Beck

Re: PlayStation Vita

Post by Beck »

I caved in and bought a Vita at the weekend after getting some unexpected compensation from my bank :D

What a bit of kit, the screen is amazing. The quality and feel really make you feel it's like it is solid, unlike the 3ds which seems a bit flimsy. I've got 10 + games to work my way through due to PS+ so loads to do. I started Gucamelee over the weekend and so far I'm really enjoying it. The speed of the trophy interface is brillant if you are a trophy hunter, unlike the PS3 you can actually use it without having to wait for minutes to sync.

I've been using it for watching YouTube videos as well which I find much nicer to hold than my tablet or phone.

So far so good :)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah it's great no doubt.

Bit pissed off there is STILL no Netflix, iplayer, 4OD etc for it but what you gonna do.
Dr Mcfluffin

Post by Dr Mcfluffin »

Works nicely for broadcasting. Just broadcasted me playing FlOw for an hour with no one watching :) well I love that game at least
Dr Mcfluffin

Post by Dr Mcfluffin »

Its nice to see so much love for Vita on this forum. Genuinely the best handheld since the Gameboy for me :)
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Dr Mcfluffin wrote:Its nice to see so much love for Vita on this forum. Genuinely the best handheld since the Gameboy for me :)
I have to say that I've never really had much time for handheld gaming but since playing LittleBigPlanet and Tearaway on the Vita, I'm starting to come around to just how engrossing it can be.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Dr Mcfluffin wrote:Works nicely for broadcasting. Just broadcasted me playing FlOw for an hour with no one watching :) well I love that game at least
I'd have had a look, add me: mikeleddy83
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Amen!

The Vita encapsulates the pinnacle of handheld gaming for me. Decent battery life, impeccable screen quality & control inputs, superb games, seamless implementation of digital content, innovative features, a hotbed for indie ports, I really can't fault it. And PS Plus... Essential.

I'm a near total handheld gamer at the moment and the Vita reawakened that. I can play in bed, in my car, lunchbreaks, while away on business, it reminded me how much I love gaming after a major lull in interest / time to sit down and play my 360, PS3 etc. and it's all about that convenience without sacrifices in quality.

Love it.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Picked up Assassin's Creed after my parents said "we can't think what to get for your birthday, so get a game and we'll pay for it". Got quite a decent collection now :lol:
Nearly a week in, and I'm proper loving PS4 so far.
Dr Mcfluffin

Post by Dr Mcfluffin »

Right on! :) Vita FTW
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Tried some remote play to my ps4 the other day whilst I was cooking dinner... Yup, its that good!

Its a bit odd how the L1 and R1 buttons are mapped to the back touch but k can't think of a better option myself.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Alex79uk wrote:Bit pissed off there is STILL no Netflix, iplayer, 4OD etc for it but what you gonna do.
Use an smart phone or tablet instead! ;)
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

AndyKurosaki wrote:Picked up Assassin's Creed after my parents said "we can't think what to get for your birthday, so get a game and we'll pay for it". Got quite a decent collection now :lol:
Nearly a week in, and I'm proper loving PS4 so far.
My disappearing act on the forums is completely down to my time with the system, keeping an open mind there are a few small issues I hope to see patched out over the next few months. Batters is more than enough for me right now and party chat has pushed me into becoming an almost social being. Really liking the real name feature, in advance I expected to feel as though my privacy was being invaded but in reality it's quite liberating getting to know people on a first name basis. So yeah, loving it too! :D
Dr Mcfluffin

Post by Dr Mcfluffin »

AC4 would make a very good multiplayer evening :)

I like the real name feature too...I didn't think it would be a big deal, but it makes the whole thing feel more friendly as personal. It ties in nicely with the What's New stuff and sharing features.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah, it's a nice touch. Haven't used Party Chat at all yet, should give it a go soon. :)

4 missions in to Killzone, it's a bit annoying if I'm honest. It looks amazing, but it feels a bit frustrating to play. One section killed me at least 8 times in a row.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Reached Chapter 7 of Killzone, genuinely wishing I'd stuck it on Easy now. The combat's just so unforgiving, you die so quickly, and the checkpoints aren't great. It's seriously pissed me off several times. Really can't recommend it, maybe the multiplayer redeems it. But Battlefield 4's campaign seems like a masterpiece compared to this.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

I know MatSmashed of The Same Coin felt the same way. He was raging away on Twitter earlier this week.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Well yeah you're completely right, I only want it on there for the sake of it. I've got a bloody iPhone, laptop, notebook and iPad here, but dammit where are the Vita apps? Haha.
Sean

Post by Sean »

If you think chapter 7's bad...the beginning of chapter 8 is one of the worst things I've played in a game.