The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Ghost World

Re: PlayStation 4

Post by Ghost World »

That's great news arry_g

Both the UI and the graphics of the PS4 and the Xbox One will only get better over time and it's nice to be around at the very start to see how the systems evolve , I'm sure if you post in the community thread someone will be more than happy to have a game or two with you online.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Finished Infamous, it's fun, but still not quite A grade for me. It's a shame every district had the same side missions, by the end it had me thinking "here we go again". Still, the various powers keep it interesting.
Won't be going Hero, as Dynasty Warriors is out Friday so it can be traded.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

My wife got me a PS4 she must love me or wants me out of the way !!!! Can't wait to get it set up. Now the hard part deciding what games to pick up
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Infamous is well worth playing, Metal Gear Ground Zeroes is great but don't over-pay for it.If you haven't played Tomb Raider yet, definitely do so.
It got a lot of flak, and some people still look down on it, but Knack is a pretty fun platformer. I rented it, and really enjoyed it. Ok, it's not Nintendo standard, but it is a good game in my opinion.
Definitely get Resogun downloaded, likewise Dead Nation and Mercernary Kings.
I've recently rented The Lego Movie game, and so far it's enjoyable. It's certainly a less complicated game than Lego Marvel, which I didn't get very far into at all. Which is a shame, as I love Marvel. But it wasn't much fun.

Got Dynasty Warriors, it may not be "proper" next gen, but it does look bloody nice. And as always, there's loads of content. I've put 20 hours in to One Piece Pirate Warriors 2, and there's still loads to do.
spasticmonkey2

Post by spasticmonkey2 »

I was wondering if anyone else tried the Final Fantasy XIV beta on PS4 this weekend just gone.
As a rule I try to stay away from MMOs as I've always expected myself to get drawn into them, and I know that even though I technically could afford to pay a monthly subscription, I'd feel guilty if I wasn't playing it, as I like to play loads of different types of games.
Anyway back to my point, I was really surprised at how smoothly the game ran and played, and I'm seriously considering getting the game when it releases next week.

Also, I'm getting concerned that I already have a backlog of games on my PS4 (due to PS+) and I've only had my console for a couple of weeks!
I've only really put a decent amount of time into inFamous and Resogun, both of which I thoroughly enjoy playing.
I keep plugging away at Ground Zeroes, hopefully I'll get the hang of these new mechanics and be able to S rank it...eventually
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I don't play mmo's, and I've lost interest in FF games. Seen a few vids of it on Play's coverdisc, they certainly love it. It's not something I'm interested in though.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I didn't hear good things about Final fantasy, so I never bothered. Absolutely loving dead nation though, its fantastic. There certainly does seem to be a graphical sharpness in it you don't see in the PS3 version, but then I haven't played the PS3 version in a few years now.
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

I played the first FF beta a month or so ago and was really impressed. I'm a big RPG guy but MMO's usually leave me cold, however the whole Final Fantasy vibe of this one really won me over. May have to suspend my Netflix sub for a couple of months to justify the monthly spend to my wife though.
Beck

Post by Beck »

The last of us is coming out on PS4 :D

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... 4-revealed
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Will include DLC, a commentary, and they're aiming for 60FPS
spasticmonkey2

Post by spasticmonkey2 »

As a PS4 owner who jumped ship from the 360, I'm so happy that The Last Of Us is getting the re-release/GOTY edition/remaster/whatever they want to call it.
I've had the fortune of managing to completely avoid spoilers for the game but have heard nothing but amazing things and I'm really looking forward to being able to experience it going in completely blind.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Kind of envy those lucky enough that the PS4 version will be their first play through. Genuinely won't be disapointed.
InsrtCoins

Post by InsrtCoins »

I'm wondering how much better it'll look. The game looked like a PS4 title on the PS3.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Bet it'll look stunning, thought I don't want to see

Spoiler: show
The end of summer
in glorious 60 frames a second though ;)
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

I disagree, I think there's quite a lot of room for improvement visually. I'm excited.
suzzopher

Post by suzzopher »

Agreed, there was a lot jaggies that could be cleaned up not to mention the draw distance could do with made larger, I had a few moments during the game where the short draw distance took me out of the experience a little.

I never touched the multiplayer, but heard nothing but great things so shall be getting stuck into it on PS4.
spasticmonkey2

Post by spasticmonkey2 »

I decided to go for it earlier today and bought Final Fantasy XIV - definitely can't complain about not having anything to play on the PS4. I still haven't done much of Mercenary Kings or many of the other PS+ freebies yet (with the exception of Resogun, my first platinum trophy 8-) )
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Random I know, but I just want to throw out there... still love this console, still glad I bought it!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Gonna be playing Trials on PS4 I think! I do like my PC but its nice to change it up every now and then.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I'll rent Trials,it's a fun series, but I proper suck at it.