The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Beck

Re: PlayStation 4

Post by Beck »

I had to send my ps4 in for repair as it kept spitting discs out during play. I got a new one (I think) with the old one's serial number 6 day's after I posted it. I'm quite impressed Image
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: PlayStation Vita

Post by ratsoalbion »

DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Excellent, thanks Leon.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Finally fixed my Vita! Ordered the part off Amazon for a tenner and did it this evening. Saved £40 on a pro-fix, wish I'd done it two months ago when it broke :oops:

Feeling proud, haha.
Beck

Post by Beck »

Nice one
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Alex79uk wrote:Finally fixed my Vita! Ordered the part off Amazon for a tenner and did it this evening. Saved £40 on a pro-fix, wish I'd done it two months ago when it broke :oops:

Feeling proud, haha.
well done! :)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Has anyone played Home on Vita (or PC or PS4?). It's dead cheap and looks a bit like Lone Survivor, but its had mixed reviews from what I can make out.

I've been playing Olli Olli 2 which for some reason didn't click straight away as the original did (odd, they're exactly the same game really) but once I get in to it I know I'll be putting hours in to high score chasing on that one.
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

Alex79uk wrote:Has anyone played Home on Vita (or PC or PS4?). It's dead cheap and looks a bit like Lone Survivor, but its had mixed reviews from what I can make out.
I bought Home because it was only £2 and sounded interesting but I've not tried it yet. Going to give it ago tomorrow when I'm back to work.
Tleprie

Post by Tleprie »

I played home on PC. it was an interesting little game, took a bit over an hour I think. I reccomend it.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ended up buying Home, I'll give it a go tonight.

I totally overlooked Titan Souls in the store when it came out the other day, I'd been looking forward to it, too! Has anyone played it? I was quite excited about it when it was announced, but I've been reading a few quite poor reviews (as well as several more positive ones).
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I finished Tearaway last night. It was an absolute pleasure from start to finish, and had not a wasted second. It's a perfect example of how NOT to ruin a game by shoe-horning in pointless console specific feature, but rather implement them absolutely perfectly. The playforming of the later part of the game equalled any 3D Mario I've ever played. My absolute favourite part was guiding the other messenger through the level using tilt to roll whilst guiding your own player through the rest of the level. The music playing in that section was brilliant - in fact the soundtrack throughout was utterly fantastic. I can't imagine anyone not liking this game. Perfect length, idea after idea after idea, you think they'll run out but they just keep going, and barely anything is repeated. Just a brilliant game, and I really hope there is a Vita sequel.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Alex79uk wrote:I finished Tearaway My absolute favourite part was guiding the other messenger through the level using tilt to roll whilst guiding your own player through the rest of the level. The music playing in that section was brilliant - in fact the soundtrack throughout was utterly fantastic.l.
is that the part where it's just a vocal and not much else?
That part was haunting and beautiful.

I agree the music is brilliant throughout, the soundtrack is great.
I did find a little hidden part to the game, I've not read about anywhere on walkthroughs.
If you re-visit sogport after you've unlocked the bellows, there is a pinwheel inside a house next to the shore that you can spin and it opens up a little hidden room. If you stand against the back wall, then it plays music that I've not found on any soundtrack listing. Maybe a strange little easter egg?

Glad you enjoyed it.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah that's the bit, fantastic.

Quite a decent sale on the Vita store at the moment for old PSP titles. I picked up a Capcom collection, Patapoon and Loco Roco all for a couple of quid each. There's a fair few titles at decent prices.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

The psp titles on the store are strange.
There are some games up for precious little, but there are other ps one games that have a crazy high price tag.
I dream of the day when a 64gb vita memory card costs £20, and the PS one back catalogue goes back up on sale.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah, cheaper memory would be nice. I'm still pissed off you can't play Theme Park / Hospital on Vita. It makes no sense at all. You can download and play them on PSP, PS3 - why not Vita!?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I've been playing Olli Olli 2. I loved the original, but the second is... well, I hate it! It is so incredibly infuriating, there are leaps of faith. Not once in the original did you ever jump and not see where you were landing. The second game does this all the time. It's hard to explain if you haven't played a lot of both games, but this has ruined the sequel for me. It is no longer a game of skill, just a test of memory.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

It's worse on ps4 where input lag becomes noticeable. Took me a long time to work out why using the ps4 controller was so brutal.
I played Olli Olli 2 for a bit, but there has been nothing really to pull me back to it.
Tleprie

Post by Tleprie »

I have a long car ride coming up in a few days, and am looking to try out something new on the Vita. As of right now I mostly play smaller indie games (especially spelunky), but would like to try out a more AAA game on the Vita. I am not a huge fan of JRPGs, but if someone can sell me on one I shall give it a go. The games that I am currently considering the most are the HD remaster collections. I really enjoyed the Jak and Daxter games on PS2, but have read that they have performance issues. What recommendations do you have Which of the HD Collections do you all think is the best?
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Have you tried uncharted or killzone yet? They're pretty good.
Tleprie

Post by Tleprie »

I have played through Killzone, and really enjoyed it, I may go back through and try to complete more of the special missions. I played a bit of Uncharted when it was free on PS+, didn't really get into it, but I may have to try again.