The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Sinclair Gregstrum

Re: The Sony news and discussion thread

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

I was under the impression the cat was most of the way out of it's metaphorical bag already, given that those reports and specs have been corroborated by so many sources now.

I'm guessing they just want to focus purely on PSVR given that the launch is just around the corner, and don't want to muddy the water with an additional hardware announcement. Either that or the rumours that Microsoft is planning on blowing them out of the water with 'Scorpio' and Oculus has sent them back to the drawing board on their specs or at least mean they won't shout about it as loudly as planned if it's too late for that.

Will be interesting to see what happens!
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

While the rumors for Neo have been all over the gaming press, I would guess that they haven't really gotten out beyond that to a more mainstream audience. So I would bet that Sony isn't announcing anything at E3 because traditionally that is when gaming news gets out to a much wider audience and they want the non-plugged in consumer to keep buying normal PS4s until the Neo's eventual launch this holiday season. Especially if the current PS4 will get a price drop in a few months. And all of that feels kind of...shitty.
skidoosh

Post by skidoosh »

I don't think it's that odd to be absent from E3. The reveal of the PS4 was an hour - hour and a half long if I remember right. I can't imagine they'd treat this one with any less reverence. Especially considering the potential PR+Communication challenge they'll have on their hands when they do officially reveal it. There's a lot of negative press all ready and I can't see it letting up.

got my PS4 day one so I'm on board for the replacement before mine snuffs it.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Cool, glad its been announced.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Has anyone had problems downloading NBA 2K16, one of this month's PS+ games? The first time I downloaded it, it did the initial download then failed to download the extra data - about 40GB. Every time I have tried since, it's failed immediately. I've had a look on forums and it seems to be a huge problem for loads of people. Just wondered if anyone on here actually managed to download it?
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Yeah I was having trouble downloading both that and gone home. At first I thought it was because I had changed IP the previous day but everything else was working fine. Haven't tried since.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I tried it a few times today and it wasn't working still. I wonder if the problems persist whether Sony will offer an alternative? Doubtful, but it's a shame if lots of people miss out because of problems server end.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Does anyone use Spotify on PS4? I had a premium account but let it lapse a couple of years ago, but took advantage of the 99p for 3 months premium yesterday and it works great. I always found it frustrating coming to the PS3 relatively late after being used to doing custom soundtracks on the 360 and not being able to on PS3, so it's good to be goofing around in Rocket League with your own tunes in the background.
The_Rooster

Post by The_Rooster »

Only tried it once on farcry 4 when they 1st released the update and it worked fine. On a scooter chopper while listening to my own playlist was awesome!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I realise I may be in something of a minority here, but pretty pleased Fahrenheit is coming to the PS4 store, 1080p with trophies next month :)

http://www.appy-gamer.com/Web/ArticleWe ... gname=Sony
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

July's PS+ games have been announced.

Furi (PS4)
Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell (PS4)
Fat Princess (PS3)
Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood (PS3)
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Vita)
Prince Of Persia: Revelations (PSP/Vita)

Furi looks quite interesting, can't say I'm particularly enthused about the others though. Still, free games I guess.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Never played a Saints Row game, so pleased to see that on there. I did like the Call of Juarez games. I think I rented this one from Blockbuster but never got far, so will have a download of that too. And if Prince of Persia works on PSP, might even get that out and charge it up!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

The Saints Row thing was a bit of an add on pack DLC thing that grew in to a stand alone I think wasn't it? Not sure how it plays, if it's like a mini open world or a more linear affair. Saints Row 3 was wacky enough for me though, the 4th one never appealed that much.

The Call Of Juarez game was alright, not amazing but worth playing if you've not before.

Furi I'm pretty interested though. I knew nothing of it before today and it appears to be some sort of boss battle game, almost like a cross up between Shadow of the Colossus with the visual style of that first person dungeon crawler game from the Guacamelee people.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Aaaaanyway - HELP!! I need everyone to help me make a purchase decision! I can either buy Salt & Sanctuary or Dark Souls 2: Scholar Of The First Sin on PS4.

I've already played DS2 original on the PS3, but both games are about 15 quid on the store that the moment. I really want to play S&S but also really want to play the DS2 DLC, so would mainly be buying it for that - and quite happy to play the main game through again anyway since I loved it first time round and this is quite improved over the original version isn't it?

I really can't decide, and can only really justify buying one of them this month...
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

For all the excitement around Salt & Sanctuary, it turned out to be quite poor. 2D Souls with that art style seems like a really sure thing but I found myself pushing through only in the hope it would improve. It's not anywhere near Scholar of the First Sin. You may have also heard that the DLC sections are comfortably the best in Dark Souls 2 and they're well worth fifteen quid, even without the improvements to the main game.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ha thanks, yeah I lasted about 10 minutes after posting that before getting Dark Souls 2! I started it in remote play the other night in bed, which works perfectly, but I only played Things Betwixt before stopping in the cave just before you emerge out in to Majula, as I really wanted to be on the big screen in glorious HD for that!
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

In some crucial ways, that's my favourite Souls hub. The music isn't quite as atmospheric as Demon's, nor the depressive comfort blanket of Firelink, and it's not quite as homely as the Dream but it's where I would choose to spend my last days, staring out on that tarry sea, surrounded by my companions and acquaintances, bathing in that sickly amber glow, soothed by the weary chimes.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Alex79uk wrote:I realise I may be in something of a minority here, but pretty pleased Fahrenheit is coming to the PS4 store, 1080p with trophies next month :)

http://www.appy-gamer.com/Web/ArticleWe ... gname=Sony
I'll be picking it up, loved it up to a point
Spoiler: show
him turning into an undead Neo
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yes!! So pleased about this!

http://www.appy-gamer.com/Web/ArticleWe ... urce=drive

Man it better be an EU release and not just the US. I had it on PSP and Wii, and was always annoyed you couldn't get it for PS3, and had to get the individual games.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Great news, but my hope is that this will be uncensored, unlike previous Western releases.