The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
dezm0nd

Re: The Sony news and discussion thread

Post by dezm0nd »

If you've got a PS4 and like the works of Suda 51 and Grasshopper then you should check out Let It Die.

It's pretty weird but It's got my attention, I just wish the servers were up!
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

They're back now I think according to twitter and Im gonna jump back in because I really liked it =D
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I was just about to make a thread about this - downloading now. I totally missed that it was free to play. I'll be interested to see how they make this work. Still, a new Suda game is always welcome. What's it like, any good?
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

Garou: MOTW and Samurai Shodown VI! I know I should be more excited about recent releases, but I likes what I likes!
Suits

Post by Suits »

How embarrassing are the yelps, screaming and chants at PSX. It shouldn't but it takes some of the enjoyment away from these sort of things for me as I find them unbelievably cringe-worthy.

The one black dude that looked like he was having a fit over MVC3 was strange, as well as the woman that screamed at EVERYTHING that once I heard I could not not hear for the whole thing.

Other than that Sony tend to present these things very well I think, although I believe that while there will always be a demand by the fans for the these live events I much prefer the pre-recorded events.

Wipeout FTW though, looking forward to that.
NeoGazza

Post by NeoGazza »

The PS Vita didn't get enough love. Every PS4 title out right now supports remote play which I love using ! Highly underexposed feature if you ask me!
Not to mention great back catalogue of classic PS One, PSP and Vita games...
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Yeah I think there were 4 or 5 Vita games in total mainly in Gio Corsi's section, and that's the best we can hope for now really. It's way past the point where they're going to give it it's own section or even sizzle reel.

Still, great show overall I thought. Really strong mix of games from east and west, AAA and indie. Sony actually seems be announcing games quicker than they can actually release them (something they've really struggled with this gen for some reason), so there's a now real swell of releases on the horizon that makes me think the next 18 months to 2 years could well be PS4's strongest yet. Looking forward to it!
Joshihatsumitsu

The Vita is never going to get the right amount of love from Sony. I certainly have a lot of love for mine, and I know many in the C&R community are the same.

There's still plenty of Japanese releases, and the fact that you can go into major department stores in Japan and easily buy new releases of PSP games, as well as Vita, shows just how differently it got treated outside of Japan.

So never fret for your handhelds people: just look to the land of the Rising Sun (not the house, very different experience) as there's plenty of games available... you just may have to practice those language skills. :o
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom is coming to PS4 in March, physical edition, Gamestop exclusive. :/

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/ultimate-mar ... ches-march
Craig

Post by Craig »

Does anyone have any experience with using PlayStation Now on the PC? Is the price worth it?
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Joshihatsumitsu wrote:The Vita is never going to get the right amount of love from Sony. I certainly have a lot of love for mine, and I know many in the C&R community are the same.

There's still plenty of Japanese releases, and the fact that you can go into major department stores in Japan and easily buy new releases of PSP games, as well as Vita, shows just how differently it got treated outside of Japan.

So never fret for your handhelds people: just look to the land of the Rising Sun (not the house, very different experience) as there's plenty of games available... you just may have to practice those language skills. :o
My only two games requests this Christmas are for new Vita games. True story!
Joshihatsumitsu

hazeredmist wrote:My only two games requests this Christmas are for new Vita games. True story!
May I ask what those two games are? :?:
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Joshihatsumitsu wrote:
hazeredmist wrote:My only two games requests this Christmas are for new Vita games. True story!
May I ask what those two games are? :?:
Steins;Gate Zero and Root Letter :)

Playing the first Steins;Gate now, it's brilliant. Root Letter sounds very intriguing.
Joshihatsumitsu

I just put Stein's;Gate in my Vita yesterday! After finishing Persona 4 Golden I took that little game card out, and put Stein's;Gate in! I have no prior knowledge of anything about it, so I'm looking forward to going in without any expectations.

Small world huh?!?
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Joshihatsumitsu wrote:I just put Stein's;Gate in my Vita yesterday! After finishing Persona 4 Golden I took that little game card out, and put Stein's;Gate in! I have no prior knowledge of anything about it, so I'm looking forward to going in without any expectations.

Small world huh?!?
Indeed! The fact I've requested the sequel despite not finishing the original yet shows how much I like it so far, you'll love it.

What did you think of Persona 4 Golden? I absolutely adored it - will definitely be playing again some day.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Craig wrote:Does anyone have any experience with using PlayStation Now on the PC? Is the price worth it?
You get a free trial, so no reason not to give it a try.
Joshihatsumitsu

hazeredmist wrote:
Joshihatsumitsu wrote:What did you think of Persona 4 Golden? I absolutely adored it - will definitely be playing again some day.
After finishing the game I had to force myself to physically remove the game from my Vita, because I wanted to dive right back in, and I still have so many games untouched! I will be revisiting later on, definitely, as there's social links that I either not maxed out, or just characters I haven't met.

Plus, I got the PS2 version, brand new, on my shelf, and I do want to experience that version as well. Plus a preorder (which I rarely do) for Persona 5. There's a little bit of obsession with Persona creeping into my life, like a shadow...

That's my spoiler free feedback for Golden. What else would you recommend?
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

Joshihatsumitsu wrote:That's my spoiler free feedback for Golden. What else would you recommend?
Not Persona Q!

(The fighting games and Dancing All Night are fun though)
skidoosh

Post by skidoosh »

So. Just got a wee rebate from the student loan company and I was wondering if the PS4 pro is worth the money? My launch PS4s fan sounds like it's trying to reverse global warming which is made worse as it's only about 2ft away from me when I play. I don't have a 4k TV but I'm not really fussed about it. My question is, is it quieter and is there a decent performance boost on patched games at 1080p? I play a lot of pvp shooters so I like the Ps and Is :) Any first hand opinions would be really useful. I've heard loads of people saying the slim is whisper quit so I'm a little torn :-/
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

No PS4 Pro experience here, but I recently cleaned the dust out of my launch PS4 and it's been much, much quieter since: