The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Beck

Re: PlayStation 4

Post by Beck »

Lol, I'm well impressed with DPD

http://postimg.org/image/6tosq6t6h/
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yes, mine's coming from them too. Guess you ordered from GAME as well?

By the way all it might be worth grabbing the 1.51 firmware from here, just in case Sony's pipes get clogged up later:
http://uk.playstation.com/home/news/art ... -software/

Also, in case you haven't seen, a couple of PS4 features will be offline for the first few days to ease traffic:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/ ... at-launch/
Beck

Post by Beck »

I ordered mine from Shopto, unfortunately I had an unexpected car bill so I passed on my preorder to a guy at work. It's going to be weird handing it over in a couple hours.

I think I'll wait until the bank balance looks a bit better, maybe try and get a Infamous bundle or something.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

You can watch their progress on the map! Next generation tattlers - get the public to keep an eye out!

If Stan stops to have a tab and a read of the Daily Star, loads of gamers will be screaming at their screens GET BACK IN AND DRIVE YOU BASTARD :lol:
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

You know I'm not even convinced these are the DPD drivers' real names. Mine is the same guy as who brought me my Xbox One last week but he didn't look like a Herbie to me.
hazeredmist

Re: PlayStation Vita

Post by hazeredmist »

Really fancy Tearaway. One or two reviews concern me about repetition but opinion seems overwhelmingly positive. The demo was great. Anyone played or got the full game?

Bit shocked it's got such a cheap RRP. It's weirdly off-putting that it's way cheaper day one than say Killzone, despite the fact I think it's a far more realistic price for handheld games than the normal £30-odd.
Beck

Post by Beck »

Ha ha, yeah I wonder how many of the other deliveries are ps4s. Lol I'll make sure to find out if stan really is the man...
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Impressed with GAME today; I ordered BF4 for PS4 yesterday afternoon and it arrived this morning!
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Extraordinarily jealous of all you folks receiving your PS4s today! I only really get one good gaming session in a week these days so couldn't quite justify purchasing both this and XOne at launch, but I've set myself the challenge of completing the last few of games I want to play on my 360, PS3 and Wii, and then I can get rid of those and replace with a PS4! Hopefully there'll be price cut by then too as it might take me a while! :roll:

Hope everyone has a crackin' time with it!
BasementShaxx

Post by BasementShaxx »

Be warned, PSN is completely overloaded, I can't even log in
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

I hope everyone is enjoying their PS4's.
I certainly hoping you're having more success with it than I am!

The really bad news is that I can't use it through my PC monitor as I originally planned. I'm basically shut off. It's the same set up I've run my Xbox One through but the PS4 is having none of it. Flickering screen, no image. What an absolute nightmare. I've now spent £600 on a machine I can't even use as I was expecting to. Argh. Torn between taking it back and getting a full refund or trying to find even more money to buy a new TV (which is hard when the total cost of the last two weeks has been somewhere around the £1200-£1300 mark.)

I've used it on the TV downstairs for a bit and there are a few real positives I've got about it and a few real negatives. Thankfully the negatives are all OS/software related and could be potentially fixed in a patch, which is nice.
Xavier Desmond

Re: PlayStation Vita

Post by Xavier Desmond »

I can confirm having just finished Tearaway that it is absolutely wonderful. I didn't really get on with Little Big Planet but Media Molecule have achieved close to perfection this time.

Goes straight into my personal top 3 of the year alongside Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons and The Last Of Us. If you have a Vita it really is a must buy.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

are your problems anything to do with the HDCP stuff that sony is trying to patch as soon as they can?
BasementShaxx

Post by BasementShaxx »

Managed to log in eventually but PSN is still a mess, error messages every time I try to download something or redeem a code.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Can't get on to PSN at the moment. Had to temporarily chain my PS4 through Xbox One to get it to output a signal that my TV would recognise!
mik

Post by mik »

You must have some bizarre video inputs in Old Blighty. :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Heh, no I don't think so. Not these days anyway! ;)

It seems like a few people have been having this trouble with PS4 and it's the only machine I've had a problem with. My set isn't brand new (2008 I think) but it's a decent 1080p Toshiba. Just had to go into the menu and set it to 1080p and it was all good, but I'm not sure what I would have done without the option to go via the Xbox One's TV input!
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I have my PS4! Fucking get in :lol: Amazon and DPD For The Win. Originally I wasn't going to get it until tomorrow with it being delivered to my girlfriend's. But it came at 10AM, and Sarah said "my mum is going into town so will drop it off at yours". After a torturously long 9 hour shift, I got home, dashed into town to trade up Battlefield 4, then to pick up Lego Marvel. Finally, got my new HD TV set up, everything plugged in, and ready to go.

The update took me 3 hours to download on my shit connection. And like everyone else I can't get into PSN at all.

But first impressions? Money well spent. The machine itself looks lovely, and the Dualshock 4 is just fantastic. Never had an issue with Sony's pads, I've grown up with them, and happily put 28 hours into Battlefield 4 on PS3.
I'm surprised how small the Camera actually is, compared to the original Kinect.

Not played much yet, but I can't believe it's took me so long to play games in HD, up to this point I've been SD only. What the fuck was I thinking? :lol:

Happy launch day everyone!
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

I still find it hard to fathom that you played the whole PS3 HD generation on an SD telly. Especially playing multiplayer FPS games where the enemy at a distance is hard enough to see in HD. Man, you are gonna see some difference with the likes of 1080p Battlefield 4 at 60 frames per second. There is a high possibility your eyes may bleed Andy, take care. :P
BasementShaxx

Post by BasementShaxx »

Just had my first taste of Resogun, and I'm pretty shit at it, but it's a cracking game and absolutely stunning. Going to give a go on the old remote play tomorrow and see how that is.