The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Stanshall

Re: The Sony news and discussion thread

Post by Stanshall »

Bad luck mate, I just can't understand the mentality. Complete shit tier behaviour.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

The Computer Game Show guys were discussing that on this week’s show. Be nice to think karma is real when it comes to scum like this.

I just read the May PS+ lineup. I’ve had incredible value out of that service over the years, but I reckon this will be the first month I’ve never at least downloaded any of the games on offer! And at a time when Game Pass is testing my PS1 vintage allegiance to Sony when it comes to next-gen decisions, that ain’t good.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

I'm having a lot of difficulty justifying maintaining my PS+ subscription after this period. The games over the last year have not been great; some months feel like they just picked a couple of games from the Wal-Mart $20 or less bin and called 'er a day. And when their excuse for axing PS3 and PSV free games was "The PS4 stuff will be higher quality," I simply haven't seen that. The only game I play online - Apex Legends - doesn't require PS+. The discounts I get during sales are usually minor, if anything. I kinda feel ripped off.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Magical_Isopod wrote: April 29th, 2020, 10:41 pm I'm having a lot of difficulty justifying maintaining my PS+ subscription after this period. The games over the last year have not been great; some months feel like they just picked a couple of games from the Wal-Mart $20 or less bin and called 'er a day. And when their excuse for axing PS3 and PSV free games was "The PS4 stuff will be higher quality," I simply haven't seen that. The only game I play online - Apex Legends - doesn't require PS+. The discounts I get during sales are usually minor, if anything. I kinda feel ripped off.
I let my PS+ lapse a long time ago now and I must admit I've not missed it at all. There's not really been a month of 'free' games that I've regretted not getting, and I rarely played online on PS4 as the friends I do that with regularly are all on Xbox.

Unless you really need it as a regular online gamer, PS+ just isn't worth it for me, and the value & quantity/quality of games offered by Game Pass/Game Pass Ultimate has really put the nail in the coffin.

For non-Xbox owners, if it's just more games you're after then with the recent price drop I'd be moving my money from PS+ to PS Now. It's not as strong a service as Game Pass, but there's a decent enough library there that it certainly offers way better value than PS+ and whatever Sony randomly throws at that each month.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah that's what I did, went with PSNow in Jan when my Plus expired. No regrets. PSNow isn't amazing, but it seems better value and there's more to play on there. I mean it's pretty close, it pales in comparison to Gamepass still.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

People moan about PS+ games every month. Doesn't matter what they are. However, this seems pretty unprecedented to me!

https://www.change.org/p/sony-playstati ... s-may-2020

Over 20k signed at this point!
chase210

Post by chase210 »

For a pro tip if you don't want massive spoilers for the game, delete the trailer from your watch history when your done. Even searching for the last of us right now brings up videos that spoil the game in its video title.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I got a notification from Sony saying:

Hi you know we cancelled your preorder then refunded you then just put it back three weeks you can buy it again now!!. Probably going physical instead now.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

The Last Of Us sold 20 Million + copies
Uncharted 4 sold 16 Million +
Marvel's Spider-Man sold 13.2 Million +
Horizon Zero Dawn sold 10 Million +
God of War sold 10 Million +

13.5 Million PS4's sold in Financial year 2019.
Software digital ratio during Q4 2019 was 66%.

Lot of people like the last of us then.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

PS5 event June 4th at 9pm British time!

Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Some good additions to PS Now this month. Metro Exodus, Dishonored 2 plus a bunch of other stuff. Both games I wouldn't mind playing.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

chase210 wrote: May 29th, 2020, 5:19 pm PS5 event June 4th at 9pm British time!

That has been cancelled due to current events sadly.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Can't say I'm not disappointed, but then I also can't argue peoples lives and basic human dignity are far more important than a video games console.
countstex

Post by countstex »

Just seen an article that the price of the PS5 is looking like its going to be £599 from some leak on Amazon. If that's correct that's a touch higher then many were hoping I feel like. Now it could be some special edition of course...
Suits

Post by Suits »

It's gotta be £500, surely.

That said, SSD's, hardware based ray-tracing, fancy new controllers and custom architecture can't be cheap to research, design and produce. So I could certainly see it being more, it's fascinating for sure.

Microsoft seem fairly confidant I feel about where their console is going to be priced - under Sony's figure !!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I’m not going to be buying both in the same calendar year I suspect, so it’ll probably be the Xbox first as I have waaaay more games there than I do on the PS4.

That price though? Still less than Apple charge for the *mid range* iPad model.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

To make tomorrow night a bit more interesting I’ve posted a thread about a little competition in the community gaming section.
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

Does anyone think like me that we won't get a price, release date or look at the box tonight? With them calling it a 'Games showcase' I;m not sure they would reveal any of these things.
Suits

Post by Suits »

It's essentially their E3 presentation though isn't it ??

I'm of the thinking if E3 was still taking place, it would have been show off there at some point, so I'm kind of expecting to see something of the box.

But who knows.

Much excite.