The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future.
Magical_Isopod

Re: The Sony news and discussion thread

Post by Magical_Isopod »

Simonsloth wrote: January 14th, 2021, 11:14 am I turned off direct connection to my PS4 and did it over wi-fi. My PS4 worked as an inferior hotspot when I directly connected.

Welp, that answers my question. Thanks mate. Had no idea it could even connect direct to the PS4 - I keep all my consoles in a server case, so I suspect that's where the issue's coming from. I have a wired switch in there for internet specifically because the enclosure acts as a Faraday box and partially blocks Wi-Fi comms.

Time to do some fiddling after work today.

chase210

Post by chase210 »

Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart launches 11th June!

Necromas

Post by Necromas »

Got some big Final Fantasy news from yesterday.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Gets PS5 Version With New Story Starring Yuffie

FF7R is getting a PS5 version with updated visuals, you can upgrade for free from the PS4 version but you need to have a PS5 with a disc drive of course to use the disc version. There is also a new DLC on the way starring Yuffie and some side characters. You'll get to play Yuffie on her own adventure in Midgar before she presumably connects with the main group in the next Title.

Square Enix Announces Two More Final Fantasy VII Games

Two new mobile games.

First Soldier is a battle royale game, cause of course this is a franchise that needed a battle royale game.

Ever Crisis on the other hand is a mobile game following the plot of the original FFVII, and will include content from the entire compilation of FFVII so it looks like players will get a chance to catch up on stuff like the story from Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, and the other tie-ins.

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk »

Yeah that second mobile game looks rather ambitious. Wonder how that's going to pan out. I'll keep an eye out for it, but it's not even out for another year at least is it!

ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

I held out on FF7R for a PS5 upgrade, now I just need a PS5...

With Yuffie DLC, a battle royale and a mobile game, I'm a little concerned that there's a fair amount of padding and time before a Part 2 is released.

Necromas

Post by Necromas »

I'm just hoping Ever Crisis has no microtransactions and helps pave the way for more high quality mobile games that don't rely on lootboxes and timers. Some of the best options already for full games on mobile are final fantasy dimensions and the mobile releases of the mainline titles.

Mr Ixolite

Post by Mr Ixolite »

Worth noting regarding the Yuffie Episode and the wider "Canon" of the FF7R is that it includes
Spoiler: show
Deepground and Weiss, both key components of the Dirge of Cerberus game.
Or in other words, the old "FF7 Extended universe" is getting re-incorporated into this new main Remake Canon.

I wonder what the people who were excited that the Remake could go in bold new directions feel about this.

As a long term follower of the Nomura-helmed Kingdom Hearts franchise, all I can say is that this is raising major red flags for me.

ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

I had heard some of that was happening and it has dampened my enthusiasm.
Spoiler: show
I watched Advent Children and played Crisis Core but do not care for their canon

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk »

Necromas wrote: February 27th, 2021, 4:32 am I'm just hoping Ever Crisis has no microtransactions...
I fear you may be sorely disappointed.

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk »

Don't know if anyone is the slightest bit interested, but I've been emailed a code for the beta 8.50 PS4 OS software. It's good for 20 users, so if anyone wants it knock yourself out.

N2KD-QKNT-R7EC