Battlefield 3

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
RoboticMonk3y

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Indiana747 wrote:Actual MBT loadout is as it was before. Armored Kill seems to be more geared towards the new Tank Destroyer vehicle. It's got all the usual loadouts to unlock, Thermal, Proximity and a variety of rocket and cannon accessories. The new mobile artillery vehicles are intriguing to say the least. At first they are just for helping suppress enemy forces until you get some unlocks for it. Its quite difficult to get kills with it as it fires rockets diagonally where you aim, then they drop onto said target area. According to Battlelog the unlocks make kills gradually easier to get(obvs). One unlock gives your rockets the ability to lock onto nearby aircraft, another turns your rockets into white phosphorous just above their target(better kill spread) and i particularly like the unlock that when you know an enemy soldier is beside your launcher you can deploy smoke(similar to the tanks) but this smoke burns its victims to death. Quads are back and are very useful to get somewhere in a hurry, but they as usual have no unlocks.
nice!

Thanks for the update,

I'm looking forward to loading up a quadbike with C4 and barrelling it into buildings/people/tanks!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

RoboticMonk3y wrote:What tank loadouts are you using Jay?
This is what I currently have equipped.

RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Is the guided missile dependant on a laser designation, or is it like the javelin, where it targets for you?
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

The guided shells in the tanks do need someone to have locked onto the target with laser designation, this is something we do as a squad in as long as whoever is in the gunner seat has the upgrade unlocked they can quickly switch to the third seat and lock onto to whatever it is that needs taking out. There's a knack to using them as well in that you should aim upwards before firing so that the shell slams down onto them from above dealing out more damage than a head-on shot.

I've also started using the guided missile when using the gunner seat in the attack choppers (I've yet to unlock it for the jets) as it's far easier with both the designation and firing equipped to the single position making it particularly effective against vehicles on open ground.
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

This is longest frigging week ever :( can't wait for them to land on Xbox. The videos look bloody superb
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

I take it you guys sold your PS3 versions Steve?
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

No we all still have them as far as I know bud, only have the premium on the Xbox tho
Pilgr1m

Post by Pilgr1m »

Cresswell made me do it!
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Cress1968 wrote:No we all still have them as far as I know bud, only have the premium on the Xbox tho

Ahhh, im the opposite to ya then. I only got premium for the PS3.
Oh, by the way, the maps come out a week earlier for PS3 premium dontcha know. :lol:
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

Pilgr1m wrote:Cresswell made me do it!
can we blame nick? He's not here he won't know lol
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I've decided that my task for the week is that I've gotta try and parachute onto the AC-130 then C4 it, just to see if you can and also to confuse the hell outta who ever is inside it at the time. :twisted:
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

JaySevenZero wrote:I've decided that my task for the week is that I've gotta try and parachute onto the AC-130 then C4 it, just to see if you can and also to confuse the hell outta who ever is inside it at the time. :twisted:
I've been working on learning to dogfight in jets, I've often wondered if oyu can get someone to chase you into a vertical climb, bail out and drop C4 on them while parachuting, that would be freakin sweet.

I've used the javelin on tanks parachuting in from high up. So much fun trying to watch them work out where the rockets are coming in from. :twisted:
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

Been watching videos on you tube of this trying to get a feel of the maps and ive noticed a big trend in people loading the quads with c4 then aiming at the enemy and bailing at the last second then detonating the c4. It seems a very effective way of taking a tank out lol
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Cress1968 wrote:Been watching videos on you tube of this trying to get a feel of the maps and ive noticed a big trend in people loading the quads with c4 then aiming at the enemy and bailing at the last second then detonating the c4. It seems a very effective way of taking a tank out lol
Heh, it wasn't quite as successful for one poor sap the other night who kept trying this, only we kept shooting his C4 with the tank's HMG before he'd get any where near close enough - bloody amusing for us watch him go up like the fourth of July though! :twisted:
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

Haha I must admit I was wondering how many 'out takes ' there had been before they managed to make a 3 min vid for you tube.
Seriously looking forward to this landing on Xbox. I'm loving how each dlc is bringing us more than just new maps, close quarters, new vehicles, assignments etc. it's like a new game landing each time :)
TomFum

Post by TomFum »

how does the Ac-130 work then? its on rails right?

I think lately battlefield seems to go one of two ways, either really good run or seriously infuriating. Had alot of bad matchs recently, people seems to have aimbot or hacks on and its getting abit silly, but it just means you have to jump on to other servers. its a small price to pay but it is annoying.

Also getting booted from servers for swearing is gettin abit boring lol
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

TomFum wrote: Also getting booted from servers for swearing is gettin abit boring lol
got kicked from a server for using a helicopter at the weekend, rejoined the server, got into a jet and got kicked. Got sent a message saying air vehicles were for members only.
Rejoined the serve and C4's helis and jets on the runway, got banned :lol:
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

JaySevenZero wrote:I've decided that my task for the week is that I've gotta try and parachute onto the AC-130 then C4 it, just to see if you can and also to confuse the hell outta who ever is inside it at the time. :twisted:

I can save you a horrible death Jay and tell you that you will die as roadkill. Happened to me when i landed a chopper on the AC-130. Comical, yet fatal.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

TomFum wrote:how does the Ac-130 work then? its on rails right?

I think lately battlefield seems to go one of two ways, either really good run or seriously infuriating. Had alot of bad matchs recently, people seems to have aimbot or hacks on and its getting abit silly, but it just means you have to jump on to other servers. its a small price to pay but it is annoying.

Also getting booted from servers for swearing is gettin abit boring lol

You're right Tom, its on rails. Can't actually pilot it, just the guns. It can only hold two players at any one time but its also a mobile spawn point. Its only active for one side if they have the capture point on the ground though(like Battlefield 1943), so its vital to hold that point for air support. The way the AC-130 circles the map at a tilt leaves thd home spawn points out of its range, so no spawn raping(unless your on Rush defending m-coms, in which case you are fooked. This needs to be patched in my opinion. Its a massive oversight by Dice.
Jesus, you get kicked for swearing. Are you on a religious server? Its all we do, if swear words were bullets, we would have an endless supply.
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Ok honest answer peeps. Is it worth starting to play this game online if you are a complete noob? Or am I likely to be bent over and savagely raped with a very big gun?