Destiny / The Taken King

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
hazeredmist

Re: Destiny / The Taken King

Post by hazeredmist »

Can't stress enough how little your level matters now, it helps you get better drops but your character ability against foes is measured almost entirely on your light level so pay attention to that! It's the little number displayed in your emblem that used to be your Grimoire score.

For example, the new strike playlist has recommended light level of 260, the raid 290 and so on. This is an aggregate of your attack and defence stats taken from weapons and armour. Sometimes equipping a blue will get you more light than a legendary, so don't think purple is always better.

A good tip to get your light level up if you have exotics is to clone an exotic with an exotic shard and some glimmer, then infuse it with a legendary to make the legendary have higher light.

Also cannot stress enough how much better the game is since the update - adding to the fact I already loved it. Top job from Bungie.
zen_anarchy

Post by zen_anarchy »

is it worth jumping back into destiny again ?

I played up to lvl 26 on the vanilla release but found the grind needed for progression to be taking too long as I personally only liked the PVE rather than PVP gameplay and I never got to experience the vault of glass .

Also if I pick up the new ps4 Taken King bundle digitally from PSN store will I be able to use my old character from the vanilla disc version of the game or will I be forced into restarting the game ?

But I would be interested in picking this up again if there are a few people on here to join co op with as my first experiences with the game where mostly solo with the odd co op with random match ups for the strikes which is never good as its hard to act together as an organised unit.

Anyhow not sure whether to pick this up but October seems a pretty dry month for games with only the platinum games transformers game of any interest to me as i'm not to into FIFA or PES which I assume most people will be playing this month.
GSMason

Post by GSMason »

I've finally started Destiny properly (did a couple of hours and got distracted) after hearing good things about 2.0 and taken King. I'm on Xbox one though zen. I think my biggest question especially coming to it late is whether I can find time and people to play any strikes etc
countstex

Post by countstex »

Quick update. Destiny 2.0 is basically what the game always should have been. We've leveled from 0 to 40 without a single mission repeat (ignoring patrol missions of course) and are now ranking up our gear via the strikes which we have barely touched. Great news for new players but sucks a bit for us old guard who hit our heads against the walls of the original game. Playing regularly on XBOne with the Penguingirl of course.
GSMason

Post by GSMason »

Sounds good. Level 40 already. I have a lot of catching up to do.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

I like that you get a bonus if you keep playing strikes too!
higher chance of getting better goodies if you stick at playing!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I'll be about tonight from 9:30 if anyone fancies squading up
zen_anarchy

Post by zen_anarchy »

I folded and picked up a copy currently downloading from what I remember from my last time playing destiny I'm a lvl 26 warlock, If anyone wants to team up on Ps4 either for destiny co op or just add on psn my psn name is darthmiike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLC6gfJmu58

Saw the Matt Lees vid on the taken king today posted above and decided to try and step back in as online co op shooters are some of my favourite types of games and I really did like destiny just didn't like the end game grind so hopefully the taken king fixes that, I would love to actually experience the raids sometime.
adwild1982

Post by adwild1982 »

Glad to see that TTK has got people back in to playing Destiny. I love the game and have been playing and paying for it all since i picked it up a year ago. The first two DLC had left me a but flat but TTK has made me fall in love with the game again. I don't have as much time to play on it as i use to due the arrival of a 4 week old child but still managed to get at 289 level hunter. I would love to try the raid at some point having done VOG and Crota many times before. My old fire team have left me behind and moved on due to me not being on as much so if any one would like some help or to join forces please add me on PSN adwilddogg1982 (if you do can you send a little message saying you are from Cane and Rinse)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Your child arrived at four weeks old?
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

wow, you're luckier than me. I have an 8 week old and I've been struggling to find the time to pick up the PS4 at all, let alone maxing out destiny people.

Don't forget that if you're desperate to play some destiny, and no one is about, there are the destiny LFG (looking for group) pages, where in the past, I've jump into a raid squad in just a few minutes. plenty of option to choose who you want to play with, there's even a "no-mic" option if you need to be quiet.
http://www.destinylfg.com/
adwild1982

Post by adwild1982 »

ratsoalbion wrote:Your child arrived at four weeks old?
what can I say but that shes and advanced child unlike her me
adwild1982

Post by adwild1982 »

RoboticMonk3y wrote:wow, you're luckier than me. I have an 8 week old and I've been struggling to find the time to pick up the PS4 at all, let alone maxing out destiny people.

Don't forget that if you're desperate to play some destiny, and no one is about, there are the destiny LFG (looking for group) pages, where in the past, I've jump into a raid squad in just a few minutes. plenty of option to choose who you want to play with, there's even a "no-mic" option if you need to be quiet.
http://www.destinylfg.com/
my 3 characters where all level 34 when it came out and I had a few lucky weapon and armour drops
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

I have finally fallen down the Destiny hole... after 250 hours of MGSV - I then play this and it latches on like it never did in year one! Problem is there are so many options with factions and so many mechanics like infusing and cloning and things that I simply don't understand and materials that I feel I should be collecting but I just don't know where to start with it all. So, for now I'm just playing content a day at a time and levelling. In four nights I'm level 34 (I levelled from scratch) and still on old content! I also REALLY want to try VoG.
adwild1982

Post by adwild1982 »

Had a blast helping out a member of the cane and rinse community on Destiny tonight and it got me thinking surly there are more than two of us playing this game still. So apart from me and grimsgrams84 who else is playing Destiny and wants some help leveling up
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

I'd be saying yes, but I've weaned myself away from Destiny obsession again and am now in a far more healthy state of occasional crucible play and the odd night with mates on strikes or a raid.

I'm done with the grind, don't have the time or the inclination to aim for things anymore, and can't be bothered to play the game alone. The quests don't interest me and The Taken King content has dried up. I've grown tired of chasing light levels, most of my friends are way ahead of me now, I'm sitting at 294 and don't really care about levelling up beyond that in all honesty. The grind doesn't really fit with my life anymore, but I'll be waiting to see what they do next that doesn't involve recycling existing material.

Still love the game and enjoy playing it when I do, it's just not that big an element of my gaming life anymore.
KYUSS

Post by KYUSS »

I fucking love this game!
Sorry.
It's the only game I play these days.
I've just dipped my toes into the scolding waters of Trials of Osiris and I'm loving it too, it's so tough but my aim just now is to get my bounties done but the spark for improvement is there.

I know people say they're done with it but I think people raced through the content. I don't get time these days to rinse things so my enjoyment and surprises have been spread out over a longer period.

Add me on PSN if you fancy patrolling or just want someone to play with on ToO. Kyuss_uk

Eyes up guardian.
Testtube27

Post by Testtube27 »

KYUSS wrote:I fucking love this game!
Sorry.
It's the only game I play these days.
I've just dipped my toes into the scolding waters of Trials of Osiris and I'm loving it too, it's so tough but my aim just now is to get my bounties done but the spark for improvement is there.

I know people say they're done with it but I think people raced through the content. I don't get time these days to rinse things so my enjoyment and surprises have been spread out over a longer period.

Add me on PSN if you fancy patrolling or just want someone to play with on ToO. Kyuss_uk

Eyes up guardian.

You can add me mate, always enjoy Trials :) PSN testtube27
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

I'm getting back into this game. Add me! I'm...: combinehunter

of course

Just leave a message with the friend invite saying "Hey it's me from the Cane and Rinse forums!" just so I know it's you, and not some random person from the internet.

I may pop in your game and say hello!
KYUSS

Post by KYUSS »

We're already friends I think. Pop on anytime.