Whatcha Been Playing?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
dezm0nd

Re: Whatcha Been Playing?

Post by dezm0nd »

Played the first couple of missions in Luigis Mansion 2. If you got a 3DS, you need to see this in action, it is superb!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

The Force Unleashed 2 is the most boring game I've played in a while. Can't be bothered with it at all. The combats dull and it's just all uninspiring.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Mass Effect 3 and despite having invested hundreds of hour in the previous two games (having completed each around 8 times each), I'm really struggling to connect with this third instalment. The Reaper attack just feels so slight at times and the events quite contrived (and borderline stupid too).
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

This was very much my experience with Mass Effect 3 (as I've probably said a hundred times).
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

There's no sense of urgency in Mass Effect 3. I only felt the reapers effects after the beginning bit and at a bit later on which I won't spoil.
kappisun

Post by kappisun »

dezm0nd wrote:Played the first couple of missions in Luigis Mansion 2. If you got a 3DS, you need to see this in action, it is superb!
Just ordered it so looking forward to that. Unfortunately means I can't afford tomb raider on PSN. Sure price will keep dropping
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

Just realised I never finished DMC! I remember getting to a prison and then getting sidetracked by another game, Any words of encouragement to make me go back.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

One of the best games this year. Relatively short and more importantly a blast to play through. Anymore and I may start insulting you. ;)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yep, DmC is great. Worth not only completing but replaying the levels on different difficulties for high scores.
Also, the Bob Barbas fight is one of the greatest boss battles in gaming.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I really don't get what people see in that Bob Barbas fight. It was okay, and probably one of the better ones in the game, but nothing special. Pretty much all the bosses in MGR for instance are far better.

I've been playing No More Heroes 2 and more Monster Hunter. In NMH I just did the Shinobu levels. Platorming as her was pretty terrible, and Travis's move set is more useful I find. I don't really get why you even play as her though. How come she gets to just take Travis's place randomly?
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

Thanks guys I'm excited to jump in again now, Hmm if only I could remember which combos to use.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

It's visually like nothing I have ever seen. Completely took me by surprise and blew my mind.

Also making it a one time affair helped. I imagined if it was rock hard difficulty and I had to replay it over and over I wouldn't feel as good about it as i do.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Anyone tried the Dollar Dash demo on PSN? I thought it was brilliant mindless fun, but I never got to the end of a multilayer game without it losing the connection. Never had a connection problem before (or after) but I've tried if a few times and always the same. Shame. I would have bought it otherwise.
richie_in_japan

Post by richie_in_japan »

Been trying out Quantum Conundrum after it was free on PS Plus. A fun little game which at first glance looks like My First Portal but actually has some pretty innovative puzzles. I haven't played Portal 2 yet, but I reckon I've found myself stuck and had to stop and really think more often in this than I did in the original Portal. The presentation is sparse, there is a lot of pop-in and the framerate hitches during loading but its a great little drop in game to lift the mood after the more intense time with my playthrough of Deus Ex: HR.
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

Giving up on The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, it's got a few neat ideas up its sleeve but overall it's pretty poor and with a huge stack of great games to play its hard to justify spending much more time with it.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

MonHun3. Clocked in 18 hours over the last week and not seeing myself knocking it on the head any time soon.

There are moments which you see the required materials and wince a bit but I'll have to play with friends more often to give me that extra push I need to grind certain beasties.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Assassins Creed 3 has finally started properly (now playing as adult Conor) and I'm loving it now! It's a beautiful looking game, the world is really nice to explore. Hunting is fun, naval missions are great and I've spent hours sat playing the board games! Glad I stuck with it, but what an unforgivably tedious opening 5 hours.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

I'm completely addicted to Skyrim. I know, it's almost retro now, but I waited a long time for the PS3 version to become playable - which it still isn't now and again with the constant "sticking" in menus. Anyway, what value! I got it for about £18 last month, and I've already had that much enjoyment out of it and more. May have to start focussing soon though - I'm not getting a PS4 until I've got through my backlog of PS3 games and this one might take a big chunk of the time left to my planned early purchase given the limited play time available to me on an average day.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I got Bioshock Infinite today so I've been playing that. I don't really know what to make of it yet. It's certainly good, but I guess I just haven't gotten far enough to make a decent judgement yet.

But what I've seen so far has been good. I'm amazed at how bright the game is. I've never played a game with a stronger sense of light than this. It's funny considering how dark the previous games were. It couldn't be more different in that regard. Obviously Colombia itself is gorgeous too. It feels like a real living place as well with all the people around doing their own things and having conversations and such. The way buildings float and bob about adds to that living feeling too.

Although I haven't got far in the plot I did find myself pretty much immediately warming to Elizabeth. But I'm weary of being manipulated with her though. I've got the impression from some people that she may be perhaps too obviously engineered to be appealing, but we'll see how things pan out. I haven't found it a problem so far though.

There is one thing that's left me puzzled though. What the hell are Vigors? There's been absolutely no explanation of them at all. When you use them for the first time too, it's like it's no big deal at all. It's like it's just magic and no one bats an eyelid at it, yet they marvel at other fantastical things that exist in that world. Plasmids made sense in the original games since they explained them as being genetic manipulation. I can buy that, seeing as how the games are set around 1950 in a city where the best and least ethical scientific minds of the world were living. But having the same thing, even in what appears to be a less primitive and dangerous incarnation, in a city run by religious zealots in 1912? Makes no sense. I really hope they do something to explain that.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Well it never is explained directly to you but you can find some information by looking around that somewhat explains the vigors and other things.