Whatcha Been Playing?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Whatcha Been Playing?

Post by ratsoalbion »

I've played it on Wii, but not nearly enough.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Dead space 1. Final boss is ruining it for me, to be honest.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Started palying a little game by the name of DiveKick yesterday its a fighting game where you have only 2 buttons(1 to dive and the other to kick) and everyone dies after 1 hit and its really fun,the game is all about timing and everytime you lose you know exactly why so it never gets you too mad and for someone who usually cant get into fighting games this game is sucking up alot of my time its cheap on steam right now but its also on ps3 and vita I'd say this is the perfect game to bring a bunch of people and just have a laugh so give it a shot if you like and if you dont like fighting games.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Played a fair bit of Disney Infinity, which I picked up cheap by trade in. I've completed both Skylanders games, and have a decent collection of figures, so this proved quite tempting.
The starter pack figures are very nicely made, so far I've finished the Incredibles playset and started Pirates. Gameplay wise it's similar to Skylanders, you get a list of objectives that unlock items for your toybox. Character specific chests mean some creation items are locked out. And for some reason I find the helicopter/ship controls really weird, they don't feel right to me.
Toybox mode seems to have good potential, though haven't got round to doing much in it yet.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

After picking up Bully for £2.99 on Xbox market place I have been loving it reminds me of playing School Daze on the Spetrum . Still plays wonderfully despite being a last gen game. Strangely does things like mini games and hand to hand combat better than then more recant rockstar games. Would love to see a Bully 2.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Started playing the full version of the best bureaucracy simulator around,Papers Please!Yep it still good excited to see how the rest of the game turned out.
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

I really need to get round to playing Papers Please. Bought it day one on the strength of the beta but still haven't touched it.

Having said that I'm having far too much fun with Saints Row IV to play anything right now. It plays like a fun version of Prototype and the dialog has had me laughing out loud a few times. Also Volition's ability to use music as a punch line is genius.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Been playing Rayman Legends. :wub:
wolfrider

Post by wolfrider »

Been playing Doom and Doom 2 on the PS3. They were ok, just frustrating at times. Just started Doom 3 and the loading times are killing it, and I'm still on the first level.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I found Doom 1 and 2 to be at their best on the hard difficulty. Turns the game into a kind of survival horror with puzzle elements of what to take down first with what gun. Doom 3 is a better game in retrospect but I can see poor load times killing fun from a game. I wonder why an older game runs like tripe on decent hardware! id, you've lost it!
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

Doom 1 & 2 are pretty much perfect games in my memory, so I avoid playing them now as to not be disappointed by how time may have lessened the impact of them.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Rage - when I first played this launch at, I loved it. Now its not nearly as good.
Resistance 3 - still absolutely sublime. My favoruite first person shooter ever.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Spelunky.

DAMN it's infuriating.

Love it though.
TomFum

Post by TomFum »

hazeredmist wrote:Spelunky.

Love it though.
No real quote of what youve said, im more shocked that your a Bassdrive listener, very well done, respect :)
TomFum

Post by TomFum »

Not really been playing anything as ive majorly fallen out of love with gaming, hopeing GTA5 sorts this out.

Have been playing Yakuza 5 and Dead Rising 2 again as it was free on XBL. Abit of Forza 4 and GT5 but seriously thinking about selling alot of my games off.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

TomFum wrote:
hazeredmist wrote:Spelunky.

Love it though.
No real quote of what youve said, im more shocked that your a Bassdrive listener, very well done, respect :)
Didn't expect to see Bassdrive highlighted here!

I'm also a Bassdrive DJ :D (I host Red Mist Radio, formerly monthly but on hiatus at the moment)
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

dezm0nd wrote:I found Doom 1 and 2 to be at their best on the hard difficulty. Turns the game into a kind of survival horror with puzzle elements of what to take down first with what gun. Doom 3 is a better game in retrospect but I can see poor load times killing fun from a game. I wonder why an older game runs like tripe on decent hardware! id, you've lost it!
First time I played Doom 3 was using the Backwards Compatability on 360 to run the original Xbox version. Everytime you acsessed your PDA for files and stuff, it took bloody ages to load up. Still stuck with it to completion.

3 worlds in to Rayman Legends, and it remains a joy to play, truly fantastic stuff. The music levels put a big smile on my face.

Picking up Killer Is Dead tomorrow, love Suda's work, and Amazon had a "box dented" copy of the Fan Edition on sale for £22. Score.
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

After about 80 hours between myself and my girlfriend we decided to call time on Animal Crossing New Leaf. It got to the point where the game was just turned on to have a little fossil hunt, take them to Blathers, flog them when told they weren't needed and have a quick browse in the shops.

This was the only game being played on the 3DS so with the end of Animal Crossing came the end of the console and to CEX it went.

I know the 3DS gets a huge amount of love but it never really clicked for me. Many of the games felt a little dated, whether that was due to the being re-releases or just small updates of older games. I could never justify spending £40 on a handheld game that I wasn't truly excited about playing. Animal Crossing was very much the exception.

The Vita is a much better handheld for me and I really couldn't justify owning both that and the 3DS.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Started Diablo 3 last night on PS3, and, I'm loving it. Maybe it's because I had no expectations, but, seems fantastic so far.

The last real-ass PC game I played was Diablo 2, when it originally released, and, D3 is bringing back a lot of those memories. I played the original Diablos sooooo many times.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

D3 is superb and probably even better on console, then real money AH was ignored by me as I didn't want it to defeat the point of playing the game but if you remove it completely, then there's zero chance of fools buying gear and then moaning that everyone else's gear is shit.