Whatcha Been Playing?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
DomsBeard

Re: Whatcha Been Playing?

Post by DomsBeard »

Baron Phil wrote:I've been playing Tokyo Jungle and it's a great game, I can already tell its going to be a bit of a time sink.
Just read about it on Wikipedia. It sounds mental!!. If they announce Sexual Harassment Panda as DLC I'm going to buy a PS3 :)
steg666

Post by steg666 »

FIFA 13 man and I got it a day early for £20 too.

A lad I work with ordered the Ultimate Edition from shopto.net and they sent him two copies yesterday by accident. He's checked his bank account and they only charged him for one - result 8-) . He sold me the spare one last night for £20. Naturally I'm chuffed, it's not such a big leap as 11 > 12 was more some nice tweaks to build on last years great version.

I like to see the head 2 head seasons mode has jumped to Ultimate team mode and the skill games are fun blasts but very shallow. Commentary is tweaked nicely and the additions of Geoff Shreaves & Alan McInally is a smart move which adds to the ingame atmosphere.

I can't even see a thread for this game yet, it's a surprise considering how big a release a FIFA game normally is.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Baron Phil wrote:I've been playing Tokyo Jungle and it's a great game, I can already tell its going to be a bit of a time sink.
2 animals at 3g and I'm already intimidated by that roster, doesn't help that the few times I've tried to push on with the improved animals that the difficulty seems to have scaled up drastically.

Any chance you didn't accidentally skip the tip on toxicity and can tell me how to avoid it?
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

mikeleddy83 wrote: Any chance you didn't accidentally skip the tip on toxicity and can tell me how to avoid it?
Its the worst when you get caught up in it and I completely missed any tips for avoiding it as well.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

This game needs its own thread.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

I finally took damage in Deadly Premonition. From standing too close to the point of impact when I fired the RPG. And then the game froze. Wouldn't be too annoying, except I hadn't saved after getting the RPG, so I have to go through the boss rush again to get it. Though I'll do that another day. Games locking up generally dishearten me from playing again in the same session.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I've sent Rage back to Lovefilm, I'm enjoying it in small doses so I'm going to pick it up off ebay today its going for around £5. Hopefully this means they''ll send me Resi 6 tomorrow.
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

Borderlands 2, Final Fantasy IX and PES 2013 are all currently competing for my limited gaming time. Hoping to give them all some loving attension once the Ryder Cups finished.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

A mix of games really, but in a quick list:

InFamous
I started this after getting it in the whole PSN saga last year and wanting something different to play. It's decent, nothing better, it seriously lacks a lot of polish but it's decent enough pick up and play.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Picked this up on PS3 because I was craving a shooter and its a lot better than I was expecting. Looks great, has some interesting modes including a really fun tutorial and an insane number of characters (50 from the start not including pre-orders) and each has their own unique CG ending, but a lack of an actual story mode (like MK or DoA5) feels like a misstep for SP only gamers and it features an incredibly cheap boss battle.

Virtua Fighter 5 - Final Showdown
The anti-Tekken. Virtua Fighter has always been the most polished 3D fighters for pure combat and having purchases the original Virtua Fighter V when it came out on PS3 it was nice to finally get round to this. It doesn't look as good as rival fighters but its still silky smooth in combat.

F1 2012
I only bought this because it was £25 new because I had bought the previous two annual iterations and it seemed a little daft to spend £40 again. It doesn't reinvent the wheel, it doesn't really look better and aside from this years race schedule there's little change, but what has has been tightened and refined. Handling is better, sounds are improved and its definitely an improvement.

Dead or Alive 5
Picked this up as I've always been a fan of the series having purchases Dead or Alive 2, 3 and 4 on their respective release dates and 5 was no different. First impressions are that this is the best yet and the biggest leap since 2 over 3. It looks lovely, it's in-depth and it packed full of modes and the online is flawless.

But mainly I've been playing Lost Odyssey of which I've put 19 hours in between Thu-Sat. I originally started it 4 years ago but time and circumstances weren't right and it went on the backburner. Until now.
I'm sure you've all heard how good it's meant to be. They're right, it's great!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Having signed a deal to play Borderlands 2 in co-op only with a friend I am finding myself in a definite lull of games. Hell Yeah! is out next week on PC but I've been struggling, I tell thee!
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

dezm0nd wrote:Having signed a deal to play Borderlands 2 in co-op only with a friend I am finding myself in a definite lull of games. Hell Yeah! is out next week on PC but I've been struggling, I tell thee!
I was too until very recently. I'm also playing Borderlands 2 with a friend. As a result I played it the Friday it was released in co-op and not again since.
Rare

Post by Rare »

Been playing Sleeping Dogs, just getting into it after a few hours and it's a really good game. Other than that I lose interest in playing games in summer, but now it's gaming season I can't wait to start playing again.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

NokkonWud wrote:F1 2012
I only bought this because it was £25 new because I had bought the previous two annual iterations and it seemed a little daft to spend £40 again. It doesn't reinvent the wheel, it doesn't really look better and aside from this years race schedule there's little change, but what has has been tightened and refined. Handling is better, sounds are improved and its definitely an improvement.
I wasn't sure if I was going to pick this up or not, but decided to go for it on PC for a change. Definitely only small changes, but just about enough there for F1 fans. I think the RaceNet stuff could be interesting, as long as it isn't just time trial laps every week (which you can do anyway). I was hoping they might put up real life scenarios from the races this season, but I guess we'll wait and see.
jwalsh82

Post by jwalsh82 »

I'm about 5 hours into Darksiders II and loving it. Although, I have the Shaman's Craft glitch, so I am thinking about restarting..... annoying they have patched the game and still not fixed it. :evil:
Toffer

Post by Toffer »

Mainly played Skyrim, very near the end ( I think). Clocked 100 hours or just over in that on one playthrough and loved every minute of it.

Playing Black Mesa, the re-make of the original Half Life. As much as I love Half Life, they seem to have really tweaked the AI to get 99% of the shots to hit you, which is kind of irritating. Especially on hard mode :D

Finally; FTL. Loving FTL, it is just ace. Buy it!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Oh god, just you wait until later on toffer. Black Mesa Source on hard is ridiculous.
The Sonic Mole

Post by The Sonic Mole »

My wife is in Canada for ten days and I have a week and a bit off work so I've been getting plenty of gaming in this week. Other than my Career Mode in FIFA13 I've polished off Sleeping Dogs and have gone back to Xenoblade Chronicles. The latter is such a good game. I'm not sure why I had such a long break from it. Best JRPG since Personas 3 & 4 for sure...
Toffer

Post by Toffer »

dezm0nd wrote:Oh god, just you wait until later on toffer. Black Mesa Source on hard is ridiculous.
Just finished Questionable Ethics. Fuck me the fight at the end of that is insane.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Played and completed Hell Yeah! Took about 6 hours and is somewhat of a weird one. Surprise surprise!

I liked it but there are some definite talking points which stop it from being truly great.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Playing NiGHTS into DREAMS HD right now, I think the Amiga and Saturn are 2 of the only machines I never owned but desperately wanted so I've always held their libraries in high regard. I borrowed a Saturn for a few weeks and played the Christmas NiGHTS disc too many times to count so coming back to the game many years later I had high hopes for this one.

I've never tried the (at the time expensive? can't remember) 3d controller so I can't compare controls to the original but it's amazing, the soundtrack is a beast! One lap around a course can't do anything but make you smile and the additional stuff I'm not even sure I should be doing is relentless, I've yet to reach the final levels with 2 courses on each side somewhat mastered and really need to check the intro movies as noted in the Joystiq review but it's just so immersive, I'm definitely playing this through a few times... besides I've not even unlocked Christmas NiGHTS yet and that was the version I spent more time than the average retail release with. Good times!